Photo

Bailey From Byford

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Bailey

Bailey
  • Forum Member

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:58 PM

Hey guys, just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I am 14 and have been keeping fish since I was ten but have grown up around people with fish my whole life (mum, dad, Aunty, uncle, uncle, granny etc. and I am currently the only one with fish apart from my dad), my tanks include 3 smallish desktop tanks on a desk dedicated to fish tanks (there's no room for anything else), these include a convict, shrimp and panchax tank, I also have a 70L community aquarium housing fish such as guppies, neons, cories, Angels (not permanent (will eventually go in my dads 8ft tank)), golden shark, snails, danios etc. and a 4ft 600L tank which is being set up as an African lake Malawi tank. I have created a website called Bailey's fish files (baileysfishfiles.weebly.com) and it is still in the making (if you visit it - it will get better, it's not been around long). I dedicate most of my free time outside of school working on my fishtanks and researching fish. Fish keeping is my passion and the longer I keep fish the more it takes over in my life (half my room is full of fish stuff, and 4/5 tanks are in my room as well as All of my time and money is spent on my fish and it is my dream to one day open an aquarium store)

I joined Perth cichlid society forums in hope to make new friends and learn as much as possible, I also would like to go to the next meeting if my mum will let me (8pm on a school night all the way in Perth 😬) and hopefully many more to follow.

Bailey

Edited by Bailey, 15 June 2015 - 10:19 PM.

#2 malawiman85

malawiman85
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:15 AM

Welcome to the forum.

Hey I just had this mental image of what a LFS might look like in 15 - 20 years time if Fisheries keep it up. Im picturing a small shopping centre kiosk with maybe 6 tanks attended by someone resembling Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons Attached File  images.jpeg   14KB   10 downloads

Sorry about that.
Hey Bailey, how about some pics of your tanks mate? They sound great.

#3 dicky7

dicky7
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:11 AM

Hi there Bailey welcome to PCS forums ... if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask, there are many knowledgeable people here

Cheers :)

#4 MrLeifBeaver

MrLeifBeaver
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:47 AM

Welcome to the Fish Forum! Really pleased to have another pationate person in here.

Would love to see your fish. Don't stress to much about how it looks.

#5 Leichardti

Leichardti
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:14 PM

Welcome to PCS!
Sounds exactly like me. School nights, parents and a 50 minute drive.
Id love to see your tanks aswell!

Edited by Leichardti, 16 June 2015 - 04:15 PM.

#6 shayne

shayne
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:35 PM

Gday, good luck with your passion and aspirations

#7 Bailey

Bailey
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:32 PM

Hey guys here's some pictures of my tanks (except the panchax tank because I'm not happy with the way it looks so you don't get to see it). Hope you like them.

Shrimp tank with red cherries and a whole lot of plants
Convict tank
My convict wouldn't come out for a picture so I used my profile picture and immediately after she was out and about swimming around
Main tank (is a bit yellow in colour from the new drift wood I added but I'll do a water change probably sometime tomorrow
My angel fish really wanted to be in a picture and wouldn't move out of the way
My African lake Malawi tank in progress (is being cycled with small fish atm) has lime stone rocks that I went out and found, and I chucked in some jungle vals that have been growing in a pond. I want to add some hair grass in front of the vals and off to the side a bit and I also want to add some flame moss growing over the rocks, hopefully the Africans won't ruin it to much, Lol.

P.s. Thanks for all the replies, it really made me feel welcome.

Bailey

#8 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:36 PM

Hi Bailey,

Welcome to the PCS forum, it looks like you're well on your way to become a fish addict like many of us.

#9 Bailey

Bailey
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:18 PM

Hi Bailey,

Welcome to the PCS forum, it looks like you're well on your way to become a fish addict like many of us.

LOL, to late to be saying that, already addicted. Maybe you would have been better off saying that about three and a half years ago?

#10 MrLeifBeaver

MrLeifBeaver
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:20 PM

Thanks for the photos!

Are those real mussles in one of the tanks?

Also, How long do you have the lights on for on your tanks? That could be one of reasons you getting all the excess algae growth on photo 1, 2 and 3

#11 Bailey

Bailey
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:30 PM

Yes they are real mussels, I leave the lights on most of the day but I'm fine with the algae in the shrimp tank as I personally like the way it looks and the shrimp eat the algae as well as the snails. In the convict tank there isn't really very much algae except on the rocks which I think makes it blend well with the sand, so algae isn't really a problem.

#12 Angelo

Angelo
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:41 PM

welcome to pcs. seems like you are already well versed in the fish hobby. nice tanks. you have come to the right place though. 

#13 Bailey

Bailey
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 June 2015 - 03:30 PM

Thanks Angelo, your YouTube channels look good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users