Indian Almond Leaves For Sale

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#1 block2

block2
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:03 PM

Hi,

My name is Jeff and my wife's name is Wan, we are based in Nakhon Sawan Province in Thailand. I was searching the internet and came across your site.

We have always used Indian Almond Leaves for conditioning and care of our Bettas. They increase fertility, health, and vigour. Reduces Ph in water, aids in the recovery of diseased/damaged fish and the tannin quickly colours the water.

These leaves are also ideal for South American dwarf cichlids, Discus, gouramis, killiefish, tetras, arrowana’s, angelfish, corys, plecos, some rasboras some cat-fishes and crustaceans.

You can even use the leaves as the substrate in the tank together with bog wood or a tree stump with roots to create a fantastic Amazon look for blackwater fishes.

If you need any Indian Almond Leaves, we have just gathered quite a few freshly fallen leaves, prices are very reasonable and include postage via airmail from Thailand

Prices Are as follows in AU $ :

30 Leaves : $8.50
50 Leaves : $12.00
100 Leaves : $23.00
200 Leaves : $40.00
300 Leaves : $57.00
400 Leaves : $74.00
500 Leaves : $95.00

We accept payment via Paypal if interested or you need more information please feel free to contact us at block-2@hotmail.com

Regards
Jeff & Wan

#2 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:31 PM

Terminalia Catappa Leaves

AQIS import/quarantine info here - http://www.aqis.gov....;LogSessionID=0

Useful info about the leaves here - http://www.aquariace...ad.php?t=132234

Daz

#3 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:37 PM

Any plant material you're going to have a problem with getting it through customs, especially if it has not been processed (like tea leaves for example).

#4 fishfingers

fishfingers
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:54 PM

i think i have seen you advertising these before and have previously sent shipments into Australia with no problems. have you exported to Western Australia before?

If so i would be interested in 50 for starters.

cheers

pete

#5 mjb123

mjb123
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 June 2009 - 04:09 PM

If you can give some kind of guarantee that they wont be confiscated by customs I would be interested as well.

Mark

#6 fishfingers

fishfingers
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 June 2009 - 04:33 PM

FYI for everyone incase he doesnt frequent this site. I sent an email to him and he says he has sent many packages to Australia with not one being stopped. I have placed an order (pay through paypal) for 50 so will see how it goes.

Pete

#7 block2

block2
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 June 2009 - 04:46 PM

Hi All,

For all the doubters that are worried about AQIS, we have been sending the leaves to Australia for several months now. Not one of our parcels has been stopped by AQIS.

If you do a quick search of the ICON database (The database operated by AQIS on the conditions on import for items to Australia) you will find the following info regarding Indian Almond Leaves:

Quote:
Condition C9482
Non-Commercial

1. An Import Permit is not required.

2. A Quarantine Entry is not required.

3. All material in the consignment must be labelled with full botanical names i.e. genus and species. Each package must be labelled. Alternatively if the goods are easily identifiable, then there is no requirement of the botanical nomenclature.

4. All material in the consignment must be thoroughly dried and not capable of propagation.

5. Each consignment will be subject to an inspection to verify that it is free of prohibited seeds, live insects, soil and other quarantine risk material.

6. If the consignment does not meet the above conditions it will be treated as detailed in the Commercial conditions below, re-exported or destroyed.

We aim to supply a fast friendly service with a quality product in a professional manner.

I quote some of the feedback we have received on one of the other Australian forums that we are members of :

Jeff's (block-2) IAL leaves have made it to Australia!!!!
And I must say that I am completly happy with my purchase the communication from Jeff was A+ , the leaves are of excellent quality due to the excellent packaging provided and it looks like customs only opened the box the leaves were in and not the plastic packaging the leaves were enclosed in. I have no hesitation in recommending his product to all AAQ members.

Received my leaves. Perfect condition and not a problem with customs or quarrantine.
Loved getting the photos prior to shipment, very professional touch. Leaves arrived aprox 1wk after payment, so very happy with this as well.

Would highly recommend this seller.

I too recieved my leaves in perfect condition & they passed through quarantine without a problem. I am extremly happy with them! Thanks Jeff & Wan!

& to all of the LFS's I went into who said A. They had never heard of it & B. I would NEVER get them through quarantine - "nah nah na nah nah!" lol

Jeff and Wan did a fantastic job. Timely, courteous and professional. My order was acknowledged and processed very promptly, and I was sent photos of the bagged leaves, the shipping box and even the post office receipt!

btw - I just noticed on another Aussie fish classifieds IAL from Jeff is US$20.50 per 100 leaves so we are getting a good deal here on AusAqua paying $23 in Aussie $$$ for 100 leaves.

Just like to add that my IAL came today, no problems getting to cairns, so thanks Jeff and Wan!

My IAL also arrived today. Excellent service, packaging, and communication. Will definitely buy again!

Thanks Jeff and Wan!

I got my leaves yesterday. No problems getting them and they look great!

Thanks so much!

I got mine very quickly (sent the 3rd - had them by the 9th)

Sent on the 7th and received on the 21st. The box was a bit battered thanks to the post but no evidence of being opened by customs for inspection. Leaves in perfect condition.

Received leaves from Jeff & Wan only 5 days after posting. They are packaged very well and I would most definitely buy again. An A+ for professionalism and care during this transaction.

Woohoo for me!!! My leaves arrived yesterday (6 days after posting) and they made it through national quarantine AND Tas quarantine without even being opened O.o LOL

My leaves just came!
They are beautifully packaged, and mine hadn't been opened either.

My order arrived less than a week after being posted. Opened by customs but passed ok with an enclosed leaflet advising nothing had been removed.
Great service & good value!

I recieved my IAL today they were sent on the 23rd and i live on the North Coast of N.S.W,i am very happy with them. they had been opened and inspected by quarentine but passed without a problem. I highly recomend Jeff and Wan there services are brilliant.

I received my IAL today, not even opened by customs... i guess they are getting used to seeing these parcels LOL Many thanks for such fast friendly service

I hope this information reassures everyone that our leaves and service are A1 and that AQIS have no problems with the import of Indian Almond Leaves.

We accept payment via paypal, upon confirmation from paypal that payment has been received we send the leaves via airmail to the address you supply. We also send via email an invoice for payment, 2 pics of the leaves boxed and unboxed and a copy of the post office receipt to confirm postage.

Kind Regards
Jeff & Wan

QUOTE (fishfingers @ Jun 28 2009, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FYI for everyone incase he doesnt frequent this site. I sent an email to him and he says he has sent many packages to Australia with not one being stopped. I have placed an order (pay through paypal) for 50 so will see how it goes.

Pete

hi Pete,

Thankyou for your payment, leaves will be sent tomorrow or tuesday morning. Once we have sent them we will send you via email 2 pics of the leaves boxed and unboxed, an invoice for payment and a copy of the post office receipt....Any problems with AQIS, which i no there will not be...we will send you a replacement order..failing that we will give you a full refund...we cannot be any fairer than that.

We thankyou for your custom and will chat soon.

Regards
Jeff & Wan

#8 h0h0

h0h0
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 June 2009 - 04:49 PM

Hmm, interesting,,, i wonder if they could benefit our geos....

Ronny, Den where are you?

Lets just hope there pesticide/chemical/nasty free, in that case wont harm our fish..

cheers

#9 block2

block2
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 June 2009 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (h0h0 @ Jun 28 2009, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm, interesting,,, i wonder if they could benefit our geos....

Ronny, Den where are you?

Lets just hope there pesticide/chemical/nasty free, in that case wont harm our fish..

cheers

HI h0ho,

If the leaves weren't pesticide/chemical/nasty free they would have problems with AQIS. Around our village grow several Indian Almond trees and they are all pestcide free. The Thais in the village cannot afford/would not waste money on pesticid to put on the trees. The trees are grown to provide shade from the sun.

After we have collected the leaves we store them in our dry room/spare bedroom, we then dampen and wash the leaves, we then press the leaves and let then sun dry, we then box the leaves and store. When we get an order we then brush the leaves to get rid of any dust, small insects/eggs/seeds etc...bag them in clear plastic bags and box them ready for shipping. The boxes we use are provided by the thai post office...these boxes cannot be sealed. They have a lip that slots into a flap on the side of the box. String is then tied around the box to stop it from opening in transit. All AQIS employee's have to do is untie the string and check the contents. If ok they retie the string and send the parcel to customer.

Regards
jeff & wan

#10 Mudjimba

Mudjimba
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 June 2009 - 05:42 PM

G'day h0h0.

These type of leaves are used around the world by respected South American keepers/breeders of various species including many Geos.

cheers

#11 h0h0

h0h0
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 June 2009 - 06:22 PM

yeah, they sound great! lets hope they arrive safe and well for fingerfingers and im sure many others will be wanting some of these

thanks block2 for your support and supplies from thailand

#12 mikemj

mikemj
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:35 PM

I recieved my 50 leaves in perfect condition 2 weeks ago & they passed through quarantine without a problem. I am extremly happy with them they have been in my Disucs tank for 2 weeks.

Thanks for that Jeff.

Cheers
Mike

#13 block2

block2
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (mikemj @ Jun 28 2009, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I recieved my 50 leaves in perfect condition 2 weeks ago & they passed through quarantine without a problem. I am extremly happy with them they have been in my Disucs tank for 2 weeks.

Thanks for that Jeff.

Cheers
Mike

Hi Mike,

Cheers bud...we are glad you an yer discus are happy.

Regards
Jeff & Wan

#14 Fox

Fox
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:15 AM

PM'd & Payment sent. Thanks Jeff & Wan

#15 block2

block2
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (Aquatic Dreams @ Jun 29 2009, 07:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PM'd & Payment sent. Thanks Jeff & Wan

Hi Aquatic,

Thankyou for payment leaves will be posted tomorrow...Tuesday 30th.

Regards
Jeff & Wan

#16 Guest_Bobbyfish_*

Guest_Bobbyfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2009 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE (block2 @ Jun 28 2009, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi All,

For all the doubters that are worried about AQIS, we have been sending the leaves to Australia for several months now. Not one of our parcels has been stopped by AQIS.

If you do a quick search of the ICON database (The database operated by AQIS on the conditions on import for items to Australia) you will find the following info regarding Indian Almond Leaves:

Quote:
Condition C9482
Non-Commercial

3. All material in the consignment must be labelled with full botanical names i.e. genus and species. Each package must be labelled. Alternatively if the goods are easily identifiable, then there is no requirement of the botanical nomenclature.

4. All material in the consignment must be thoroughly dried and not capable of propagation.

5. Each consignment will be subject to an inspection to verify that it is free of prohibited seeds, live insects, soil and other quarantine risk material.

6. If the consignment does not meet the above conditions it will be treated as detailed in the Commercial conditions below, re-exported or destroyed.

Hi all,

Just some quick info that you have looked over.

Although ICON saids that an inspection is all that is required. If any bark or seeds are found, its not as easy as throw it in the bin and forget about it. AQIS charge you for this service. 90% of the time it will be $67aud. Also, you will not be dealing with WAQIS, you are dealing with the national office so everything is by the book.

It seems ok to import and I am not trying to discourage imports from the seller, just pointing out the facts that you might not know.

If anyone has any questions regarding this, feel free to call me - 0400456890

Thanks
Bobbyfish

#17 block2

block2
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE (Bobbyfish @ Jun 30 2009, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all,

Just some quick info that you have looked over.

Although ICON saids that an inspection is all that is required. If any bark or seeds are found, its not as easy as throw it in the bin and forget about it. AQIS charge you for this service. 90% of the time it will be $67aud. Also, you will not be dealing with WAQIS, you are dealing with the national office so everything is by the book.

It seems ok to import and I am not trying to discourage imports from the seller, just pointing out the facts that you might not know.

If anyone has any questions regarding this, feel free to call me - 0400456890

Thanks
Bobbyfish

Booby Fish,

Where do u get your information from...why give negative feedback to my positive post :

do a quick search of the ICON database (The database operated by AQIS on the conditions on import for items to Australia) they would have found the following regarding Indian Almond Leaves:

Condition C9482
Non-Commercial

I Qoute from a satisfied customer " "

To whom it concerns,

reference No: NM09023904 seized 27/04/09

I believe the above package should not require "heat treatment-(item code SQM03) with an accompanied $42.50 service charge

Quoting from the ICON database as adhered to by A.Q.I.S.;

regarding Indian Almond Leaves:

Un Quote.....

So Bobbyfish where you get $67 AU from???...me all ears

One member today...wanted leaves..but he/she left it to late as the parcels ad already gone...but guess what her/he's parcel went..before payment....we sent them before payment...so bobbyfish take yer posts else where as they are not wanted in my thread

Regards
Jeff & Wan

#18 Guest_Bobbyfish_*

Guest_Bobbyfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:14 AM

Hello Block.

I was not trying to give negative feedback at all. Actually, my post does not make reference to your products quality in any way. I am a licensed Customs Broker. This means I know the Customs Act and Quarantine Act off the back of my head.

I am merely explaining to al people considering purchasing your product that it comes with a risk. It was written plain and simple but most people may not understand. Obviously, people have bought with no problems and that is great news, but I am pointing out that there is a risk and with plant material, nothing is guarunteed.

If you wish to discuss further, please PM me.

Thanks
Bobbyfish

QUOTE (block2 @ Jul 1 2009, 03:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One member today...wanted leaves..but he/she left it to late as the parcels ad already gone...but guess what her/he's parcel went..before payment....we sent them before payment...

Hi Block,

It looks like you are saying someone has not paid you but you have already sent the goods.. How is this my fault ?

#19 block2

block2
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE (Bobbyfish @ Jul 1 2009, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello Block.

I am a licensed Customs Broker. This means I know the Customs Act and Quarantine Act off the back of my head.

It looks like you are saying someone has not paid you but you have already sent the goods.. How is this my fault ?

Hi Bobbyfish,

I am still waiting for the answer to my question. Where do you get the $67 AU from ?????.

I never said it was your fault, I am just merely stating a point, that we have sent leaves to a customer who had enquired and had not paid....you don't find many people / business's that would do that nowadays. We aim to supply a fast friendly service with a quality product in a professional manner obeying all the rules and regulations laid down by AQIS.

Regards
Jeff & Wan

#20 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:22 PM

Hi Jeff, the information Bobbyfish has provided is not a negative feedback as it did not discuss your product or your service at all, it merely points out the risks associated with importing organic material and that people *may* be charged if they package requires treatment. This is important information to know as a customer so they can evaluate the potential risk. Whether that amount is $67 or any other amount is not really important I think, what is important is knowing you may have to pay *something* if treatment is required.

Please keep it civil in here or discuss via PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users