Photo

availability of catfish

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

#21 Boots n all

Boots n all
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 March 2004 - 11:31 PM

l have a friend who does not use a computer who ended up with your L098/Wavy line Zebra, he would quite happy swap the two of them for 15 or 20 L046 as you have said you would do, how do you want to do it and when as l will be in Perth next (15th)month on Bus, and staying with my Sister and her Family for maybe forthe week,
l will have a corporate vechile available most of the time
and my Brother in law is involved with the Salvation Army Rehab. not far from you please contact me soon

#22 BT

BT
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 March 2004 - 07:36 PM

Heya

That would be fantastic! The fry are not ready to move at the moment though. Is your friend in WA? The fry need about 6-7 weeks.

How big are the fish? Are you sure that they are female? Where can I see them?

Regards
BT

#23 Boots n all

Boots n all
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 March 2004 - 08:02 PM

l think my friend would be most happy to wait the 6 to 7 weeks.
How big are the L46 fry now?
My friend is not sure of the sex of the L098, I'll get back to you on that.
Also, are the Ancistrus claro fry available? Can you post a picture of the Ancistrus claro in the mean time?
l could then print it out to show it to my friend, as he is interested in some of them also.

Edited by: Boots n all at: 3/13/04 2:11 pm

#24 BT

BT
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 March 2004 - 01:52 AM

Hey Boots

The Zeb's are getting close to 1.5 cm. Thanks for helping me with this matter!! I will only swap fry for the fish if they are female. If they cant be sexed because of size or whatever, I would love to check them out for myself. If they are still juveniles, then I may still take the risk.

I have A. claro at about 2 cm. Give them about 4-6 weeks also. I dont have any pictures of these guys, but you can try here.

www.kerrigansaquatics.com/LDA-08.htm

This picture is almost identical to my largest male. One other male A. claro is of the gold marbled variety. He is necessarily ostracized from the breeding group until I find some females for him.

He looks like this
www.planetcatfish.com/catalog/loricari/ancistru/152_f.php

These are the chameleons of the Lori family and take on the colour of what ever they are sitting on if the mood takes them. All the claro babies have started to colour up now.

I also have some brevifilis fry,
www.planetcatfish.com/catalog/loricari/ancistru/406_2.php

and temminckii fry, whose parents look a bit like this female
aquaworld.netfirms.com/Si...inckii.htm

I have some snowflake coming too soon.

A lot of people are after the claro and brevifilis, so let me know as soon as. They get sold in lots of 10.

Regards
BT

#25 Boots n all

Boots n all
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 March 2004 - 09:53 PM

First things first let me make it clear to you that I'm only the man of connection between you and my friend.

My friend was over this morning and saw your reply and he said that he wants to see actual pictures of your Ancistrus claro and Hypancistrus zebra, not of some other persons fish.

Can you please organise some pictures of yours before I go over next weekend to see him?
What's the point of showing links, I too can show links of L098, but that's not going to convince you that he actually has them?

#26 BT

BT
  • Forum Member

Posted 15 March 2004 - 08:17 AM

Heya

Sorry, but I dont have a suitable camera. I will see if I can get hold of one from somewhere.

As I dont have any pictures, the reason I included links to other pages was to indicate the 'morphology' of the fish in question. As you are undoubtably aware, there are different colours available in some of these catfish.

Sorry if this was an inconvenience.

Regards
BT

#27 Boots n all

Boots n all
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 March 2004 - 04:32 PM

Okay l give up l keep getting E-mails to check this post, there was ment to be a few replies last night, but l see nothing what is going on?

#28 Sith

Sith
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 March 2004 - 05:21 PM

The replys were deleted. Im guessing a mod didnt find them very appealing :) You didnt miss a whole lot..

#29 Mazimbwe

Mazimbwe
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 March 2004 - 10:32 PM

Hi BT.
Look, I have a camera that is suitable and some wheels and time as of next week so...If ya wanna put all these cynics "Back in their box" drop me a line and I will go outta my way to help out and take the pics for ya. ;) :eek 8o
They are not as nice a Croona's but will get the job done I am sure. :good

#30 Penny1993

Penny1993
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 March 2004 - 11:37 PM

I am inquiring as to whom deleted my posts.
Also why were the posts deleted so I now for future reference how to conduct myself on this forum, as I believe my behavior did not warrant a deletion.

Whoever deleted please explain to me and the people on this forum as to why my posting was deleted.
I was not rude and there was no profanity.

#31 Hypo Zebra

Hypo Zebra
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 March 2004 - 11:59 PM

I will take 20 A.claro.
Name your price. $$$$

#32 Terry

Terry

Life Member

• PCS Club Member

Posted 18 March 2004 - 06:10 AM

I deleted several posts here 2 nights ago, they were all along the line of doubting the existance of the fish. The classified forum is for selling or buying fish, if you don't want to buy them there is no need for you to post comments. If you have a problem with the originator of the thread contact him/her direct.
Terry
PS Welcome to the forum

#33 Penny1993

Penny1993
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 March 2004 - 03:43 AM

Thanks for the welcome.
Sorry for not knowing the rules as I am a new member and now I will go to the general discussion to speak my mind.

#34 Boots n all

Boots n all
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 March 2004 - 12:58 PM

Okay BT, l now have all the facts before me, just ignore
them l can.
l notice that you have been offered a camera, thats great.
If our deal can not be continued for some reason l can offer you an other idea.
You wish to sell your fish at the the Perth auction, may l suggest the Victorian Auction, people will be here from NSW and other states, the people in attendance will be around the 100 mark and if we told them that catfish of this caliber were to be here there would be more from other states allowing you to spread the species around the country afford ably.
You could ship the fish to me, if for some reason you doubt my honesty you can select 5 other people from this or any other forum to watch over me or just ask some of the mod's about me.
We would hold the fish in our tanks until the auction and then bag them up for the auction, hey even better we can involve the VCS guys to watch over me too.
the options are unlimited
The reserve is up to you of course, l don't think one will be needed as l am sure they will get good prices, how many of each species do you wish to sell.
If you want to check me out some of the mods and others that know me in person they are:
JAYTT
Chillipowder
Pete VCS (President of VCS)
Luke(Cichomaniac)
Bilby Junior
Chiclids au
Aussie M(Mr Peacocks)
Calliurus
Beavisrules
Sarah
Mysteriousredsuns
Spooky
Bristlenose
President of EDAS John Reeves
l have had fish since 1986 and could keep going with this list but these should be enough references here for you.

#35 geemaril

geemaril
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 March 2004 - 05:29 PM

hey guys,
i by no means doubt boots n alls fish keeping skills as he has been keeping fish for longer than ive been alive, but what happens if something stuffs up with transporting these little jewels from perth to Melbourne. im pretty sure though that all survivours to boots place will live on till auction.

ive also seen fish shipping between mates end up with them on non speaking terms due to losses in transport. also if you do lose, lets say 10 in transport, whose gonna pay the $4000 that just went down the toilet. boots or BT, even though neither are to blame. there's plusses and minusses in both plans. eg. having the auction in perth you may get a lower price, but is that loss higher or lower than morts on transport. however in melbourne, there are losses on transport but your stock will be distributed all around australia. another idea is to sent some to melbourne and some to the perth auction.

in the end it is completely your choice BT.

PS: how do i become a paying member and when and where will this auction be held.:good

#36 mtchye

mtchye
  • Validating

Posted 20 March 2004 - 06:04 PM

Hi guys,

I reckon we are all putting a bit too much pressure on BT. In the end they are his fish and he can do what he wishes with them, and we should all respect those decisions regardless of what they are.

I know I for one would not be shipping them just to auction them, no matter who it was on the other end. I'm sorry, but I wouldnt even want to receive those fish if i was on the other end. Murphy's law says that chances are something will go wrong you know.. ;)

Lets go lower on the pressure and just discuss the fish. If by chance some go up for sale then so be it. If not then you'll just have to drool over those overseas pics for a few more years.. :p

:cheers
Vincent

Visit the:
Perth Cichlid Society Forums

#37 Boots n all

Boots n all
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 March 2004 - 08:51 PM

To answer the query, of deaths due to transportation from Perth to Melbourne, in my opinion it is very unlikely. Reason being is that BT knows what he's doing with these fish and they are very tough. Don't forget that they did have to make their way into this country, and that is a far longer trip than what we're talking about here. Conditions of however they made their way into the country in the first place would have not been optimum and they would have to put up with higher ammonia levels and possibly colder temperatures for far longer periods of time and they managed to survive that.

But if the situation of "deaths due to transportation" is still of concern, I can easily come Perth, see the fish, purchase them and transport them myself. This way any deaths are my problem as I have purchased them. Then I can keep a few for myself and the rest will be put up for auction at the VCS in April.

To resolve the question of pressuring BT, I don't believe there is any, other than possibly to put up his photographs. Possibly pressure is coming from other areas, for him to prove the authenticity of his catfish.

I have no doubt and cant wait to see the looks on other people's faces when BT posts these photographs of his actual breeding stock and fry.

Edited by: Boots n all at: 3/20/04 12:53 pm

#38 Anita ozfish

Anita ozfish
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 March 2004 - 12:51 AM

I like the idea of some catties going to Melbourne for the VCS auction cause I am going to be there and will beat you Perthys to the fish :lol :rollin :lol and I don't want to wait till August??? for the PCS one. I know of a few other NSWelsh people who are going down as well and they would be equally pleased at this turn of events :good
I thought I would afford myself one last fling south of the border before heading west and it would be fantastic if some of these catties would be available, so BT, get those pics up please ;)

electral@bigpond.com | web | Sydney, Australia.

#39 Mazimbwe

Mazimbwe
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 March 2004 - 01:57 AM

Gee...talk about hijacking a post!! :\

You Easties are hijacking bloody catfish...get back over the boarder where ya belong!! :lol :b

BT...give the locals first crack at em, eh?? :good
Offer still stands for me to come, with my digital camera, to your place at my cost, in my time and photograph the fish so the peeps who are really interested in them can fly here...knowing what to expect.

#40 mrgreen

mrgreen
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 March 2004 - 05:37 PM

listen here u lot , u know wat W.A stands for , Wait Awhile!!!
we aint happy with u buggers tryin ta get our good stuff outta our state before we have a crack!!! thats just plain rude!!! and expected from u lot
so lay off and u can have wats left over and see how we live all week , all month and all year long!!!!!
hahaha
cheers steve green

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users