July 2nd Meeting - Auction Night
The next meeting of the Perth Cichlid Society will be an auction night on Tuesday, July 2nd.
We are now taking bookings for lots. Please PM your lots to Ben 'Muttley' ASAP on PCS Forum.
The auction will be held at our regular venue Atwell College, 201 Brenchley Drive, Atwell 6164. We will be opening doors early to get lots booked in. Please park your cars in the car park marked, do not enter the school gates with your vehicles.
· We will have a new Fish of the Month for July. This month's FoTM is Cryptoheros sajica . We will have a bag of 4 fish, around 6cm to discuss and auction off, with proceeds to Stuart Grant Fund for Cichlid Preservation. Learn about the fish and then take some home.
· Grab some raffle tickets for our Sponsor prize table full of awesome aquarium hobby items. There will be 2 major prizes to win!!
The PCS Raffle will feature great items and as major prizes -
1st prize - from Aquarium Gallery.
Tunze - Turbelle Nanostream 6045 - Circulation Pump.
For aquariums from 40 to 500 litres. Flow rate: about 1,500 l/h to about 4,500 l/h. Energy consumption: 5-7W. Voltage / frequency: 230V/50Hz. Cable length: 2 m. Dimensions: diam. 70 mm. Outlet: diam. 40/15 mm. Magnet Holder with Silence clamp up to a glass thickness of 12 mm.
2nd prize - from Aquarium Gallery.
Zetlight Lancia ZP4000 PLANT - LED Light.
Total Power: 16W, Lumens: 1300LM, LED: 28 White/7 Blue/7 Red. Wi-Fi controlled. Water-proof level rated at IP67. Aluminum housing that always keeps the lamp cool. Extendable brackets that will fit to the size of your tank. Can be installed into existing T8 or T5 brackets.
· In the PCS Kitchen we will have some tasty Sausage Sizzle for you to buy. We will also have hot and cold drinks and snacks.
Please note -
· There will be no PCS Library or PCS Show Table this meeting.
· You can pay cash or we can accept MasterCard, VISA Debit, VISA Credit and PayPal.
· All lots must be pre-booked, with no exceptions. See this guide before you book in - HERE.
· General public are welcome to attend, so please bring your friends along.
· The doors will open just on 7:00pm to start processing lots. Lot viewing will start at 7:30pm.
· No lots will be accepted into the auction after 7:30pm.
- You will have a short period in which to view the lots commencing at 7:30pm. View the lots carefully before bidding as once you win, you own it.
- The lot area will be sectioned off and we ask that everyone remain behind the sectioned off area at all times, with the exception of the viewing period.
- Lots will only be dispersed at the end of the auction. This means you will need to remain until the end and be patient to collect your winning lots.
- The lots will be collected by PCS Committee members for you. Nobody is permitted to collect their own lots.
- The auction will be capped at *100 lots at the discretion of the PCS committee. Sellers may be asked to modify their lots at the organisers' discretion.
- All lots must be pre-booked, with no exceptions. See this guide before you book in - HERE.
- All lots will be inspected on the night and any lots with deformed,unidentifiable or undersized fish will be removed.
- All lots will have the seller's forum name listed on the bag. Contact them if there is an issue.
- Fish bagged incorrectly will not be accepted. No sandwich bags or zip-lock bags allowed.
- Please make sure your fish are adequately bagged. If they are large fish, put each in a separate bag.
- When booking lots, please use reserve prices sparingly for the expensive stuff. No reserves will be accepted below $20
PM your list to Ben 'Muttley' via PCS Forums.
Please list the following:
:Number of fish
:Scientific and common name of fish
:Size of fish
:Sex if known and a reserve if wanted.
***NEW AUCTION GUIDELINES JULY 2019***
- To ensure the evening does not run too late, the number of lots will be capped at 100 ONLY.
- Cichlid lots will take preference to any other lots;
- We will not be accepting multiple lots of the same fish. The fist 2 lots of that fish is what we accept.
- Put more fish per bag or lot to increase worth and value for buyer and get your lots in early.
- PCS will attempt to include all sellers submitting lots, how ever lots will be cut off 2 weeks prior to the auction day.
- All perishable items (e.g. food, chemicals, water treatments) will not be accepted unless they are sealed (i.e. unused).
- Lots will be given a minimum starting bid value. We will not accept bids below this value to keep the night moving along.
There are a few things people need to be aware of for auction -
- General public are welcome to attend the auction.
- Only club members can sell lots at the auction but you can become one on the night. Anyone can bid/buy.
- The PCS takes a 10% commission on all sales at the auction.
- Non PCS club members pay an additional 10% of total sale price per lot.
*** PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN BOXES TO TRANSPORT FISH AND GOODS - THESE WILL NOT BE PROVIDED***
Please bring your own boxes and bags to the auction to transport fish and goods home with you. If you bring your own boxes, please ensure you write your name on them to identify that they belong to you.
Please keep your eyes on your boxes if you leave them in the room, PCS is not responsible for taking care of them for you as we are too busy on auction nights. PCS will not have a stock pile of boxes for you to pack fish into at the end of the auction, it is important to bring your own.
All are welcome. Hope to see you there Tuesday, July 2nd.
Doors open 7:00pm. Veiwing starts 7:30pm. Auction starts 8:00pm at Atwell College, 201 Brenchley Drive, Atwell 6164.
Early Lots List