Posted Image

PCS & Stuart M. Grant - Cichlid Preservation Fund - Details here

Photo

July Meeting - Photography In The Aquarium.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Stormfyre

Stormfyre

Sausage enthusiast

• Admin

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:31 PM

QgRu2Q.jpg Photography in the Aquariumphotaq%20main_1.jpg

This month's meeting is all about Photography in the Aquarium. Come along and hear a great talk from Dazzabozza on camera 
hardware and accessories. He'll talk all about lighting, composition and shooting techniques. He'll show you different camera modes and post-processing. Everything you need to know to take fantastic photos of fish in your aquarium. Take this knowledge and win the PCS Photo Competition every month.

lpTBTf.jpg

The next meeting of the Perth Cichlid Society will be on Tuesday, July 4th. The meeting will be held at our new venue Atwell College, 201 Brenchley Drive, Atwell 6164. We will be opening doors at 7:30pm and starting at 8:00pm. Please park your cars in the car park marked, do not enter the school gates.

• This month will be a short talk from Daryl (Dazzabozza), PCS Committee member, all about Photography in the Aquarium. This will be a brief talk  and will commence at 8:00pm. Daryl will cover hardware and accessories. He'll talk all about lighting, composition and shooting techniques. He'll show you different camera modes and post-processing. This talk will be followed with a short Q&A session for anything you are unsure of and possibly a small demo on our new PCS fish tank.

Pp2MUi.jpg    

• We will have a small talk from Sajica on Cichlid Deformities. What to look out for, what to avoid when choosing stock and what to do if it happens to your brood. 

nINWWz.jpg

• We will have a live demo on how to properly bag your fish for transport from PCS members Sajica and Mac. Follow their instructions and never a leaky bag or trouble transporting your precious cargo again. Great for the up coming PCS Auction in August.

k2assU.jpg

• We will have another Fish of the Month. This month's FoTM is Metriaclima hajomaylandikindly donated by PCS Member - Brett (Poncho)We will have a bag of 6 fish to discuss and auction off, with proceeds to Stuart Grant Fund for Cichlid Preservation. Learn about the fish and then take some home.

dClvJB.jpg WlHlLx.jpg

• Grab some raffle tickets for our Sponsor prize table full of awesome aquarium hobby items. Heaps of aquarium related prizes prizes to win!! Don't forget 20% of raffle goes towards the Cichlid Preservation Fund.

• Why not enter our April PCS Showtable competition. Bring a cichlid or catfish down to the meeting and you could win sponsor prizes or vouchers. **Small tanks are available at the venue if you PM organiser Chris 'Sajica' on our forums at least a day before you come down. Feel free to bring you own tank and air, but no other items are permitted in tank for judging. 

• The PCS Library will be open where you can borrow books, magazines and DVDs of all kinds of cichlid topics.

• In the PCS Kitchen we will have some awesome food for you to buy. We will also have hot and cold drinks and snacks. Don't forget 20% of kitchen purchases goes towards the Cichlid Preservation Fund. 

Please note -

You can pay cash or we can accept MasterCard, VISA Debit, VISA Credit and PayPal.
General public are welcome to attend, so please bring your friends along.
The doors will open just on 7:30pm to start setting up. Talks will start at 8:00pm.

All are welcome. Hope to see you there Tuesday, July 4th.

Doors open 7:30pm. Meeting starts 8:00pm at Atwell College, 201 Brenchley Drive, Atwell 6164.

kfaIQf.jpg AowAv1.jpg

#2 Poncho

Poncho

Vice Presidente Castro

• Committee

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:00 PM

Ok guys - was my turn to sort out the menu this month. I'll have a mild massaman curry with rice on offer. $4.50 a bowl or $5 combo with a drink. Contains peanuts. Should have 20-25 serves.

#3 ozjayok

ozjayok
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 July 2017 - 11:32 PM

That curry was delicious! I should of tried for those Metriaclima hajomaylandi.  Could of put my guppies in a bucket lol Anyway my son and I had a great time! Thanks :)

Edited by ozjayok, 05 July 2017 - 02:43 AM.

#4 Delapool

Delapool

Membership Officer

• Admin

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:05 AM

Nice night here as well and learnt a few things. A big thanks for being able to return some library books and get out a couple more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 chrishaigh82

chrishaigh82
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 07 July 2017 - 11:15 PM

Damn school holidays changing my schedule... wish I'd been to this meeting :( 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users