Predator Tank.

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 Neakit

Neakit
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:34 PM

the thing that got me the most, is that the person wouldn't put the goldfish
out of its misery. I personally don't find gold fish interesting but every animal has to have respect.

#22 madasa

madasa
  • Banned

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:47 PM

(Blakey)
ahaha that video is sick a bit grotty how the gildfish stayed alive ahahaha but meh i used to feed huge goldfish and big marron to my dovii... was awsome fun to watch him in his glory big pred fish rock!

seen a movie of piranahs eating mice from america now THAT was funny!

Are you trying to play devils advocate and get a response? If not then your reply speaks volumes about you.

Pete

#23 Den

Den
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:55 PM

and i thought the video was disturbing?

I like feeding live food to my fish, but not like this, if you're "getting off" on seeing an animal being mutilated I feel sorry for you as your brain must be pretty messed up.

and to PCS committee this is one example of a thread where I think my ideas would stop alot of heat as this is one thread thats gonna fire up for sure lol!!

#24 Fox

Fox
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:12 PM

I dont mind feeding live food to fish, But that was a bit crap how they kept filming the half dead goldie.
The Goldies were WAY to big for them. And whats the point of feeding a dead crab???

Im with Den, If you get your rocks off on this vid, one word "Sicko"

Nothing wrong with feeding fish, but do it humainly..

Just my 2 bob..

#25 bradfitzy

bradfitzy
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:29 PM

(Neakit)
the thing that got me the most, is that the person wouldn't put the goldfish
out of its misery. I personally don't find gold fish interesting but every animal has to have respect.

Agree 100% wonder how much that guy would like us filming him having his legs pulled off then laughing as he struggled arround the floor slowly bleeding to death.

Nothing against feeding live food by the way, but to me that was torcher not feeding, could you imagine if i feed my rotty a live cat like that then put it up on the net for all to see ... the rspca would have a field day on it ....why should fish be any diff? nothing should have to struggle for life like that , i would like to think most people who do feed live food would put the poor fish out of its misery if that sort of thing was to happen to them. :x :x

Brad.

#26 DR14GoNF14SH

DR14GoNF14SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 July 2007 - 06:46 AM

yeh def a pretty full on clip... ( just as i warned )

must admit, it made me cringe a little...but a good insight into what these fish are capable of...

a bit like watching a lion or a shark devour its prey but most camera men dont dont go on to show the bloody after math...

however, i feel i might be a little twisted as i did not feel offended by the clip...more so shocked... so i apologise to those who were offended as that was not my intention... :wink:

cheers,
e.

#27 benckie

benckie
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 July 2007 - 11:13 AM

nice :evil: well atlest my veja,s used to bite the head of fist not so cruel

#28 XZAKSTYLN

XZAKSTYLN
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 July 2007 - 11:37 AM

Those bichirs are seriously cool.
I dont think that video is disturbing its natural but the actualy recording of the video is sick. Who needs to watch that..
If anyone likes piranhas theres heaps of live feedings of them on you tube.. mouses etc.

I want post any links though.

Cheers for the help.

How much are the bichirs each?

#29 DR14GoNF14SH

DR14GoNF14SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 July 2007 - 03:53 PM

yeh bichirs are very kool, however, price can sometimes be an issue....

vebas currently has small albinos for $550 and small ornates for $650, oh and a couple of senegals for $350...

i picked up 2 wikid endlicheri ( tiger bichir ) from malaga about 3 months ago for $800 total, and that was a good deal...infact, i believe they have a big delhezi atm for $450?

U prolly wont see many floating around on here or in lfs's for that matter, so i guess availibilty is also an issue...hehe...

If u do find that u do really want a bichir... pm me anytime and im pretty sure i can help u out...

In the meantime check out Monsterfishkeepers.com for info on all kinds of predatory/tankbuster fish...

cheers,
e. :wink:

#30 Blakey

Blakey
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 July 2007 - 05:45 PM

i felt bad for the goldfish swimming around alive still with the other half missing and the fact he filmed it for like... 3 minutes LOL... says alot about the person who filmed it... but watching little fishies get snapepd in half by bigger fishes.... it is wicked.

you wanna see something sick? go watch boxing where humans beat the **** out of each other and people put bets on it... now thats ****** sick.

and dont say that is says alot about me you dont even know ya clown... everyone off this forum who has met me... feel free to have ya say.. if ya havnt met me ya dont know me so shut it.

#31 DR14GoNF14SH

DR14GoNF14SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 July 2007 - 06:16 PM

"you wanna see something sick? go watch boxing where humans beat the **** out of each other and people put bets on it... now thats ****** sick"

u raise a good point there mate... and again im guilty of loving the above as well....lol... I think i should seek professional help...LOL laugh.gif

#32 XZAKSTYLN

XZAKSTYLN
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 July 2007 - 06:56 PM

I cant say i like boxing but UFC is seriously sweet.
Thanks for the help with the fish i need to get a tank and set it up first.

#33 MONSTAF1SH

MONSTAF1SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:43 PM

Call me a sicko cause i like it all, its all part of keeping predators has anyone seen triggerfish eat feeders they have a very small mouth they attack the belly and fold and suck in their prey fully sick!! And the UFC rocks!!!! :twisted:

#34 kuhni

kuhni
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:24 PM

Pride FC > UFC, not saying that UFC aint tough, cos they sure are, but Pride FC is just in a level of it's own.

Chuck Liddell got destroyed by someone called "Rampage" I think.

Gotta love muay thai and K1 though.

The joys of foxtel. biggrin.gif

#35 MONSTAF1SH

MONSTAF1SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:46 PM

Kinda off topic now but oh well Pride FC is now owned by UFC and Pride is no more alot of the big names from Pride now fight in the UFC, there has been a rematch with Chuck and Rampage Chuck gets owned again laugh.gif
Anyway as i said i love it all!!

Back on track get a saratoga biggrin.gif

#36 benckie

benckie
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:50 PM

im heading to armadale area tomorow willing to travel a bit and im chasing a saratoga do you guys know of any shops that have been selling them or any shops that you have seen them in recently ?

cheers shane

#37 NicholasC

NicholasC
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:59 PM

Midland Pet and aqua always have them IMO, If you goto madington try Totally tanked and if you want to be ripped off hugely goto a certain store near Forrestfield (name with held).

Thats a few of my LFS and i am not far from Armadale.

PS: UFC is the sickest thing to hit Foxtel! tongue.gif

#38 Iamsam

Iamsam
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 July 2007 - 09:06 PM

post removed by author

#39 BiGz

BiGz
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:23 PM

Have to admit I'd be prepared to risk the fine and would love to keep piranhas or snake heads, wish I knew where to get some lol.

#40 temptazn

temptazn
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:34 AM

haha a bit off topic there for a moment abt the boxing etc...
BUT back to the topic on the goldfish... yeh kinda gruesome to see it half eaten and still swimming around...
it woulda been better if the goldfish died in an instant from the snakehead bite instead of struggling for life for 3 minutes...
feeder fish are small for a reason right? so they get eaten in 1 go?? well thats what i'll be feeding my oscars... hope no1 calls me a monster haha
cheers
vic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users