Photo

Where To Find Bream?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 MONSTAF1SH

MONSTAF1SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:29 PM

Anyone know where I can get FW Bream from? Black or Silver...

#2 werdna

werdna
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:42 PM

Tried Golden Ponds?

#3 SIXFOOTLONG

SIXFOOTLONG
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:45 PM

catch one on the swan ?

#4 gibbs

gibbs
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:05 PM

You could take 1 from the swan but it will have to be legal size which is 25cm. Apparently WC don't do well in aquariums and become very reclusive and jumpy. Best to go tank raised there should be a few places that sell them.

#5 werdna

werdna
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:18 PM

From what I have heard, the tank raised ones arent much better.

#6 Buccal

Buccal
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:42 PM

Moore river north of yanchep, has perfect bream for aquariums they are virtually pigmy and higher percent of freshwater sometimes 100 percent after rain in the Moore, small hook and prawn and bend barb back.
There are thousands there all the time and loads of sooty grunter to.They can be caught at very small sizes there and they are then not skittish and adapt to aquarium life as they grow.

Edited by Buccal, 05 June 2011 - 09:46 PM.

#7 gibbs

gibbs
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:22 PM

So Buccal, you take small bream from the Moore river? huh.gif

#8 SIXFOOTLONG

SIXFOOTLONG
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:46 PM

he does not want to waste the fish so he only takes a mouthful at a time

i think its different for aquarium fish ? i seen 25cm barra in the shop for sale today ?

#9 Buccal

Buccal
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:51 PM

Of course not, one out of thirty are size on a given fishing trip, but as a kid I used to keep one or two in a tank at home.The river is always so full of juvies and small amounts of legal sizes that at a guess majority somehow disappear or die.A very small river system for such a prolific specie.When river mouth opens juvie tailor,and juvie salmon trout enter and if mouth closes and doesn't open in time after light rains, they inevitably die from excessive fresh water.Bream and grunter do fine in fresh water.I'm very sure at same time as being illegal, the river or specie survival isn't going to miss one or two bream.

#10 MONSTAF1SH

MONSTAF1SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:28 PM

I rang golden ponds but they have sold out.
I'm pretty sure I've tried wc in a tank before years and years ago but they didn't do well in full fresh after a day or two so they became dinner.

I'll try golden ponds again later they should get some back in stock.

Here's a couple I've caught recently on lure both were released.

Edited by MONSTAF1SH, 05 June 2011 - 11:29 PM.

#11 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:50 PM

the bigger bream are right upstream in the moore river.... we have caught up to 10 x 2-3kg fish in an hour or two after dusk....
and some small mulloway also....
mix in a small amount of salt if your keeping WC bream and slowly decrease this... they will adapt... my mate has black bream in his dam and they have adapted to no salt and have even bred in there as well...

#12 Ham

Ham
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:27 AM

bigger bream are right upstream in the moore river.... we have caught up to 10 x 2-3kg fish in an hour or two after dusk....

2-3 kg that sounds nice I myself fished tornament bream fishing religesly for 7 to 8 years in pritty much every round
from the moore to albany and out of all those events only seen less than (4) 2kg or just over pulled in for an event
or that matter any pree fish or general fishing which we did a lot of maybe 3 to 4 times a week man you need to show me your spots

#13 Buccal

Buccal
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:31 AM

Moore river for me at best a session of 8-12 bream a little under a kilo, even locals that live there say that 1.5 kilo and above as far and few between.I did catch one at 1.7 kilo about 8 years ago when the monster mud crab rush was happening there, claws the size of coke cans, no bullsh.t, the brown ones to and green being not quite as big.

#14 MONSTAF1SH

MONSTAF1SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:06 AM

Anyone wanna start up a bream fishing thread?
I'll be in that.... rolleyes.gif

#15 MONSTAF1SH

MONSTAF1SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:29 AM

Anyone know anywhere else that might have some tank raised Bream for sale other than Golden ponds?

#16 zach16

zach16
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:46 AM

About a year ago i bought a couple of silver bream from city barns maybe paul could order them for you smile.gif

#17 Ronny

Ronny
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:56 PM

If you don't have any luck over there, I know there's a few places East that do wink.gif

#18 MONSTAF1SH

MONSTAF1SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:42 PM

That's a nice offer are gonna ship them over for me? wink.gif

#19 Ronny

Ronny
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:49 PM

If you can wait, and organise it all, Í'm happy to go and get them for you to send off wink.gif
but you'll have to wait as I don't have a car or tanks at the moment lol.

#20 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (Ham @ Jun 6 2011, 03:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2-3 kg that sounds nice I myself fished tornament bream fishing religesly for 7 to 8 years in pritty much every round
from the moore to albany and out of all those events only seen less than (4) 2kg or just over pulled in for an event
or that matter any pree fish or general fishing which we did a lot of maybe 3 to 4 times a week man you need to show me your spots

i had an old relative up at guilderton who unfortunately passed away couple years ago who showed me where the big ones hang out.... he made me promise not to tell anyone the exact location as these fish are the power breeders who stock the river with large numbers of juvies.... that the kids love catching.... almost anytime of the day and on almost any type of bait you can catch juvies....
we only ever took one fish home to eat and it was usually a male... he knew how to sex them too... i never bothered learning that and just took his word for it....
havent been up there since he died but i'd imagine they'd still be there....
tides still have an influence on the best days to catch.. although its an enclosed body of water 95% of the year and in theory shouldnt effect tidal movement in the river.... maybe its more to do with moon phases.... i think you'd get a shock just how far upstream these monster bream are!!!!

QUOTE (Ham @ Jun 6 2011, 03:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i had an old relative up at guilderton who unfortunately passed away couple years ago who showed me where the big ones hang out.... he made me promise not to tell anyone the exact location as these fish are the power breeders who stock the river with large numbers of juvies.... that the kids love catching.... almost anytime of the day and on almost any type of bait you can catch juvies....
we only ever took one fish home to eat and it was usually a male... he knew how to sex them too... i never bothered learning that and just took his word for it....
havent been up there since he died but i'd imagine they'd still be there....
tides still have an influence on the best days to catch.. although its an enclosed body of water 95% of the year and in theory shouldnt effect tidal movement in the river.... maybe its more to do with moon phases.... i think you'd get a shock just how far upstream these monster bream are!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users