Photo

Tattoos

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#41 FrontyKwal

FrontyKwal
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

Booked in with Sam for just after new years ! Cant wait to start getting my horrible unfinished sleeve worked on haha hope its not too much trouble for you to work on !

#42 danie1

danie1
  • Validating

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

Hi Sam

After all the good reports I might drop into the shop,, as want to get a few words inked across my back (In a style of Bruges script) pretty run of the mill lol

However my main interest would be a Medium sized piece for front left pec,,

I am having trouble finding anything in regards to Discus,,,, I will keep looking unless you know anyone with the time and inclination to sketch ideas, or how to go about finding something so specific ?

There are a few Pictures on Google images,,, but dont want to just copy someone else.

Regards Dan

#43 SamJohns

SamJohns
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

Hey Dan!

I would love to do a discus chest plate for you!! Would be great. So many bright colours! Pop some nice twisted driftwood and plants through it! I have got some great ideas already.

Drop into the studio sometime for a chat after the 2nd Jan. Ill book you in and get something drawn to scale.

Here is a healed picture on a parrot I finished on a regular customer the other day. Similar to the style of tattoo we could do the discus.

Cheers,

Sam

#44 SamJohns

SamJohns
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

Another tattoo semi related to the forum.

Outlined this two years ago and finally did a bit more yesterday.

If anybody wants a shark, "or any aquatic animal for that matter" Id be keen to do them for you!!

#45 snakebite729

snakebite729
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (SamJohns @ Dec 9 2012, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't like tattooing necks. Don't enjoy it one bit.

Some artists will tattoo what ever where ever. I still have some sort of morals/guidelines I run by. So if your not heavily tattooed you won't get a highly visible spot like neck/hands/face tattooed by me!

I wish all artists took this stance. It's good that some still do. Sky didn't even bother with people that came in to Primitive for hand/neck tattoos that weren't already covered. Unfortunately, they then just go down the road to the next shop that tells them they can have as many face tattoos as they want, so long as they are handing over money.
I'm sick of seeing #$^&heads getting around with their throat and knuckles tattooed and nothing else. It's ridiculous. If you wana get your kids' names for your first tattoo, that's perfectly fine (great even), just put them somewhere that isn't gona make you look like a tosser.

#46 Bowdy

Bowdy
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

I'm sorry I have to disagree with you there. I feel anyone should judge someone on there tattoo's. sure an artist can critique the work but I feel tattoo's are an expression of ones self weather they have a meaning or simply a design they liked. A person using there body as a canvas. Sure I have seen many tattoo's I don't personally like but calling someone a fairyhead or a tosser for choosing to have there artwork somewhere you dont like is pretty close minded IMO.

#47 Bickley

Bickley
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

Agree with Bowdy with this one just because you don't like them doesnot mean people shouldn't be aloud them. My mates first tattoo was his throat second was his knuckles now he is covered head to toe and has a collection from various artist with there own unique touch

#48 Jules

Jules
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

Me personally am against forever exposed (hands, face & neck) tattoos as a first kind of thing, as far as im concerend they do it for a tough look over anything. And it looks pretty random too i might add. Alot of my mates have hands, knuckles, necks and a couple face tattoos, but they did them after full sleeves, and chest pieces and other big things etc
I have 2 full sleeves, full leg and many others, so im far from against tattoos. I think its just some ppl go for the tough look of exposed pieces.
No offence to ppl just my opinion.

#49 snakebite729

snakebite729
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

I agree with most of what you're saying Bowdy and I don't mind people having their necks or hands or heads tattooed, so long as they follow "tattoo etiquette" and get the rest of their body done first, like Sam and I have (sorry to drag you under the bus Johnsy haha)
I guess I may just be a little bit old fashioned in this regard, but there are actually a lot of artists around who share the same "morals/guidelines" as Sam.
I won't be getting my neck/hands/face tattooed any time soon because I work in an office and deal with clients all day, but if i had a job where it didn't matter, I probably still wouldnt be getting those areas tattooed any time soon because I haven't filled the rest up yet.
I think this is actually quite a frequently debated topic in today's society where such a high percentage of people are getting tattooed and they are so easily accessible.

#50 BIG-PETE

BIG-PETE
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

this says it all i think

Attached Files

#51 snakebite729

snakebite729
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE (BIG-PETE @ Feb 27 2013, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this says it all i think

Agree 100%.
I'd love for my line of work to not frown upon having tattoos. But the reality is, that it does.
Society is slowly coming to realize that just because someone has tattoos, doesn't mean they are going to rob you. Slowly sad.gif

#52 Mattymak

Mattymak
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

I work in real estate & plan on being covered except my hands & face biggrin.gif

Neck is ok to a point, can't be too high obviously, but my collar/tie covers at least half of my neck tongue.gif

#53 BIG-PETE

BIG-PETE
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

getting both my hands done next week with big skulls
i dont give a rats what people think of me anymore
take me the way i am or go take a flying one

#54 Mattymak

Mattymak
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

Yeah my boss said we are allowed to have tattoos on our hands if we want but i'd prefer not to for now, especially being young & trying to establish myself & get my name out there in the market..

A lot of elder people would judge, purely because I have tattoos & turn me away.

So by my own choice i've decided not to.

#55 snakebite729

snakebite729
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE (Mattymak @ Feb 27 2013, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I work in real estate & plan on being covered except my hands & face biggrin.gif

Neck is ok to a point, can't be too high obviously, but my collar/tie covers at least half of my neck tongue.gif

Yeah good point man, I could always wear a tie every day if i wanted to get my neck done. Won't be for a while though. Costs wayyy too much and there's so much more of my body that needs doing first haha. Plus i like being able to not have to wear a tie on the days that I don't have to go to a dozen meetings tongue.gif

#56 Mattymak

Mattymak
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

Yeah I know, I don't have to wear a tie, most of us do though.

Can't wait to get covered biggrin.gif

#57 Jules

Jules
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

Matty im in an office too (as a draftman).
In the building both my sleeves are out no probs, but as soon as I walk out that office to meet clients or go for site inspections I have to cover up.
You never know where your future can take you and you never know what can jedadise you in the futrure neither. Im taking that from mates older brothers and my dads mates, who have some serious tattoos etc who have been discriminated cause there tattoos in the job role.

#58 Mattymak

Mattymak
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

Yeah i know, i wear full sleeve tops & work pants + a tie, im covered up smile.gif

#59 Bowdy

Bowdy
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (snakebite729 @ Feb 27 2013, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with most of what you're saying Bowdy and I don't mind people having their necks or hands or heads tattooed, so long as they follow "tattoo etiquette" and get the rest of their body done first, like Sam and I have (sorry to drag you under the bus Johnsy haha)
I guess I may just be a little bit old fashioned in this regard, but there are actually a lot of artists around who share the same "morals/guidelines" as Sam.
I won't be getting my neck/hands/face tattooed any time soon because I work in an office and deal with clients all day, but if i had a job where it didn't matter, I probably still wouldnt be getting those areas tattooed any time soon because I haven't filled the rest up yet.

I get what your saying I do but again I disagree. Firstly you talk about society and there stance in the professional world with tattoo acceptance then you say there are guidelines in which you should follow in terms of where you can get tattoo's. both points are the same there both a judgemental view on tattoo acceptance. You ridicule one minority yet you ultimately have the same stance.
Society on a whole should take people on who they are not by there ink or where they carry it.

#60 snakebite729

snakebite729
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE (Bowdy @ Feb 27 2013, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I get what your saying I do but again I disagree. Firstly you talk about society and there stance in the professional world with tattoo acceptance then you say there are guidelines in which you should follow in terms of where you can get tattoo's. both points are the same there both a judgemental view on tattoo acceptance. You ridicule one minority yet you ultimately have the same stance.
Society on a whole should take people on who they are not by there ink or where they carry it.

Yeah mate, i have to agree with you.
Society should accept everyone as they are. Whether they have highly visible tattoos or not.
The etiquette part about getting highly visible tattoos is just my personal opinion and a lot of people probably disagree, but i think that almost an equal amount of people would also agree, as with most of the world's arguments.
Unfortunately for us all, it will be a long time before they are fully accepted as freely as women with pierced ears etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users