Removalists For Aquariums

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Arcturus

Arcturus

ANGFA President

• Forum Member

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:57 PM

Does anyone know any good removalists that will shift aquariums?

I have 2 big setups (700L & 850L) that need to be moved....and I want to use professional movers (better safe than sorry).

Anyone else had experience using moving companies to handle their aquariums?

Thx

#2 Fox

Fox
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:05 PM

I think there is a company that does it called " Fish to do" You would have to check the phone book for the number.

Cheers
Az

#3 FishGal

FishGal
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:48 PM

Arcturus did you have any luck finding a company to help with the move?

#4 Mr_docfish

Mr_docfish
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:17 PM

The difficulty with using "professionals" is some are not experienced in larger/heavier aquariums and when it comes to insurance if/when they break something, then you might have a fight on your hands.
We use "Bonds Removals" but they are $+%& expensive. Depending on how far you are going, their prices start from $350 just to pickup and deliver, you will have to do the emptying and setting up yourself. These guys have never let us down, ever. That's why we use them.

If you want to DIY, a piano trolley and a two ton truck from thrifty with a tail lift.. it is the only way I would do it - same time you can use the truck for the rest of the furniture.

#5 Arcturus

Arcturus

ANGFA President

• Forum Member

Posted 12 August 2008 - 10:43 PM

Howdy folks.

Sorry for the late reply but I've been busy moving...

First of all, thanks to Az for recommending Fish to Do. I ended up going with them and they were great.

They are a very professional outfit, run by a guy who used to work in one of the aquarium stores.

So these guys started at Lesmurdie, drove up to Tapping (near Joondalup), stripped down a 6 * 2 * 3, transported it, the water and the Discus to Duncraig and reassembled it. All for 450 bucks.

Their moving van carries a water tank on a trailer, which holds 1000 L. That was a big plus with the Discus, would be handy for marine.

Stoked with these guys and the flawless move. Totally worth the money.

I'm not sure about insurance Docfish....I would guess that they would insure the aquarium/stand....dont know about fish

I've scanned their business card below, definetely recommend them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users