Adding Photos To Your Posts and resizing FAQ

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Edelia

Edelia
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:13 AM

To add photos to your posts on this Forum:

1. You must already have photos stored in a folder/file on your computer.

2. Either open up a NewTopic or click Reply to a post. There is a box underneath the posting section called "Attachments". On the righthand side you will see an empty white box and a button which reads "Browse". Click on "Browse" and go to the folder on your computer where you have stored the photo you wish to upload. Select a photo from that folder and immediately you will see the location of the photo appear in the white box.

3. Click on the button which reads "UPLOAD" and you will then see the words: Manage Current Attachment (1) appear in the white box immediately above the other white box.

4. You will notice there is a downward arrow in the right-hand corner of this box. Click on this to reveal another box and in the far lefthand corner of this box is an icon with a green cross. If you hover your mouse on this icon, you will see the words: "Insert attachment into text editor". The text editor is the place you type your post.

5. Click on the icon with the green cross and the words [attachment=........jpg] will appear in your post.

6. Go down to the bottom of the posting section and click on the button which says "Preview Post". This then will show you the photo you have just uploaded. It will be reduced in size and if you click on it, you will see the larger version. You can go ahead and finish the post or go back to the Browse button and select another photo to upload. If it is the wrong photo or you change your mind, go back to the Manage Current Attachments button, click the downward arrow and select the icon with the red cross which will allow you to delete the attachment.

#2 Cicolid

Cicolid
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 May 2008 - 09:54 AM

I have found that the easiest way to upload photo's is, after you have resized & adjusted the photo to send a "copy" to the "desktop".

Then follow the instructions as in the initial post of this thread.

This makes it a heap easier to find that particular photo.

HTH

Col

#3 lilfish

lilfish
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:20 PM

How do you re-size photos?? I tried to put some on but they are too big

#4 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:21 PM

If you're using Windows XP then download the Microsoft Image Resizer tool from here - http://www.microsoft...eschelman2.mspx

Same tool for Win7 here - http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/

Great little tool. Once installed all u have to do is right-click the file in My Computer or Windows Explorer and choose Resize. From there u can choose from a few different sizes and presto!

Dazza

#5 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 26 October 2008 - 09:47 PM

A guide on how to use Photobucket - http://tutorials.pho...torial_188.html

Useful for those who want to display their pics full size rather than the little thumbnail pics you get when attaching pics.

When you get to the last step copy and paste the IMG Code into your post/s on this forum.

I'd also recommend resizing your pics down to 800 x 600 during the upload process.

Dazza

#6 ozjayok

ozjayok
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:37 PM

how do i post a video up.

i know how to put the link there....thanks

#7 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:53 PM

You can embed youtube videos by using the following syntax in your post

CODE
[youtube]xxxxxxxxx[/youtube]

where xxxxxxx is the combination of numbers and letters in the you tube link at the end.
You cannot embed or upload actual video files, you need to host them somewhere.
If you have any trouble let us know.

#8 ozjayok

ozjayok
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:31 PM

thanks cawdor, i got it now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users