FS: A. cacatuiodes *sold*

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 mtchye

mtchye
  • Validating

Posted 26 February 2004 - 04:01 PM

Hi guys,

Have some Apistogramma cacatuiodes for sale. These are subadult and roughly 2-3cm TL. There are 15 fish and approximately 3-4 of them so far are male, with the rest likely females. Parents were a gold triple red male and a normal triple red female, which has produced all normal triple reds young. The next generation from these fish should produce some nice gold triple reds again as I am told the gold gene is recessive.

Pictures below are of some larger siblings. Given one or two months these others should grow that nice also. The gold fish is the father.

I would like to sell all 15 fish for $50 in one go, to someone who has intentions to spawn them. They do harem spawn and I would like to make space for a trio or two of their siblings to start spawning them in the tank they are in. The gold triple reds in particular, and cacatuiodes in general, are pretty poor in quality in most cases in terms of deformities due to inbreeding. These guys turned out nice, with only one deformity out of the whole spawn, so would be good to keep the line going.

Visit the:
Perth Cichlid Society Forums

Edited by: mtchye at: 2/29/04 4:24 pm

#2 Kimbo

Kimbo
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 February 2004 - 04:03 AM

Do you have any information on how to keep them tank size furniture etc, if that suits my space i may be interested and would all 15 be able to stay together as they get older :good

Edited by: Kimbo at: 2/26/04 8:27 pm

#3 forri

forri
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 February 2004 - 07:00 AM

Mtchye, consider them sold... I can pick up tomorrow night(Friday) or at least give you the money tomorrow and then pick them up on Sunday/Monday...

Call me on 0403 602 168 to arrange...

Thanks...
Nathan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users