Photo

6 Foot Tank

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Leichardti

Leichardti
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:40 PM

Ok. This is going to be abit of a journal, but may take awhile. So, it all started of for my 11th christmas. My parents wanted to buy me something, but didn't know what, and neither did I. I was then asked if i wanted a 6 foot tank, and thats what we decided on. We eventually found a cheap, nice looking one for $200 (Turns out it was emmz_cichlids ad). We had to hire a trailer, (bigger then the one we had) and went and picked up the tank at secret harbour. It was anlong journey there and back, and we had to get a neighbour to help us lift it.
WARNING-TANK PART STARTS HERE!
The tank then got filled for the fun of it, and Then sat for awhile. A few weeks later we went to soils aint soils and got 25kgs of river sand for 8 bucks. A few weeks after that we went to robs aquariums and bought the heater and an aquapro 1200. (I highly recommend robs aquariums). We setup the canister on the tank and left for our holiday in Denham, Shark Bay. When we got back the tank was cycled (We had chucked in some pellets and quick start) so we put the fish in. We had some driftwood in but I decided I didn't like the white sand. So a few weeks later we went to CIM (Cook Industry Minerals) to get some red garnet sand but it wasn't that nice, so we got another sand that was mined from the Gascoyne and funny enough was called "Carnarvon River Sand", and we had just come back from there! Well, I used 1 and a half bags so far and took the all the pieces of wood out, except for 1. We then proceeded to get 4 pots of Valisneria from City Farmers Currambine. I made abit of a hill in the middle of the tank, put the wood on the hill and planted the tank. That is what I've done so far and there will be more to come. Her are afew pics of what the tank looks like, and its inhabitants. (Who were in the 4 foot beforehand) PhotoGrid_1421476496443_zps53d56b63.jpg

PhotoGrid_1421476568686_zps1b943156.jpg

Edited by Leichardti, 19 January 2015 - 08:54 AM.

#2 Androo

Androo
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:26 PM

I email my photos to myself and during email process it asks what size pics I want to send them as, or use photo bucket

#3 Leichardti

Leichardti
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:07 PM

Ok how do I use photobucket?

#4 Androo

Androo
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:12 PM

App on your phone I do believe, or there is a website, it's fairly straight forward, if I can work it out im sure anyone can,

#5 Leichardti

Leichardti
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:53 PM

Ok done

Edited by Leichardti, 17 January 2015 - 04:58 PM.

#6 Voodoo

Voodoo
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 January 2015 - 01:44 PM

If you have a pc you can resize using ms paint

#7 MrLeifBeaver

MrLeifBeaver
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:31 PM

I never thought of a Red Sand Agregate, nice idea. I look forward to some more photos!

#8 Leichardti

Leichardti
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:58 PM

Wow!! I forgot this even existed lol. Rest of journal: http://www.perthcich...showtopic=60923

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users