Photo

Sump Tank Pump Advice

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Charga

Charga
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 September 2016 - 05:00 AM

Hi I am after some advice/recommendations for replacing the lift pump in my sump filter I currently have a Eheim 1101.360 in my tank which is a 4x2x2 with full cabinet that houses the sump tank and it has started getting quite loud so I imagine it is only a matter of time before it stops what would be a nice quiet pump to replace it with ?

#2 Buccal

Buccal
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 September 2016 - 05:43 AM

They're all quite these days mate,, it's only the real nasty cheap ones that are rubbish, and it's even harder to find noisy ones these days.
Woodvale fishnlily farm is convenient for you,, because your pumping from ground up to tank top, don't fall for the lower wattage on low head height pumps trick,, if you get yourself a heigh head height pump that will have a higher wattage rating, it will use less power because it won't be labouring and struggling to pump water high,,,, the high head pump will also perform way better.

If you go to Woodvale fishnlily,, be very careful with your pump box and little bags inside, should it be noisy, they are very good with swapping pumps,, make sure to tell them your after a quite one,,,, service there is very good.

#3 Mattia

Mattia

1st International Club Member

• PCS Club Member

Posted 08 September 2016 - 06:41 AM

Check out the Oase Infinity pumps, or Oase Aquarius, they are the best around, German quality with 3yr warranty.

If you want to go cheaper, Aquagarden Mako, but after a while (1-2 yr) they start to vibrate a bit

#4 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 September 2016 - 08:53 AM

I have a Vectra L1 running as a return pump from my sump back to my 8 footer. This thing is a dream. It is very quiet (can't hear it over the other noise in my fishroom) and has an easy adjustable flow controller which I have found very handy.

I would buy another one tomorrow if I needed another return pump. They can be run inline or submerged.

#5 Pattison

Pattison
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:25 PM

whats better to use in a 4x2x2 canister or stump?

#6 Chopstick_mike

Chopstick_mike
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 September 2016 - 03:54 PM

It's personal preference

#7 Delapool

Delapool

Membership Officer

• Admin

Posted 10 September 2016 - 02:51 PM

Plus 1 - I guess I'd go with a canister if in the lounge room or something and the sump and pipes can't be hidden away maybe. I've always thought sumps are great and admire the people who set them up, I'm fairly slack and have been happy with canister filters. Not sure which is cheapest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users