Aggressive Molly

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shayshell

shayshell
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 August 2009 - 02:28 PM

Hi all,

I have a 4ft, heavily planted tank with livebearers and corys. A rather peaceful tank, everyone got along, until... our largest molly (8cm) started 'playing up'. She would chase anything that came near her and even pursue those that didn't. In particular, she would chase the platys and ended up taking a nasty 'bite' from one of them and we lost him sad.gif

As it was the one fish my daughter picked, we got her a nano tank and that's now where she resides (the fish, not the daughter), all by herself!

All the other mollies in the tank are placid, so what's her problem?? Anyone else had a 'molly with attitude'? And it seems kinda cruel to keep her all by herself... any suggestions???

#2 Kenshin

Kenshin
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 August 2009 - 08:20 PM

my suggestion if the molly is aggressive they arnt particularly formidable so house him with fish that are made of harder stuff and are a little more pushy (ect archer fish, some smaller cichlids or even robust asian fish like smaller loaches, sharks and fast fish like rasbora's/tetras)

#3 shayshell

shayshell
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:35 AM

QUOTE (Kenshin @ Aug 21 2009, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my suggestion if the molly is aggressive they arnt particularly formidable so house him with fish that are made of harder stuff and are a little more pushy (ect archer fish, some smaller cichlids or even robust asian fish like smaller loaches, sharks and fast fish like rasbora's/tetras)

Thanks Kenshin

Funny you should say that, about a week ago I put her in my 6ft SE Asian tank! LOL

The loaches don't take any crap and the barbs are too fast tongue.gif

I just found her behaviour odd...

Now I can reclaim my nano tank smile.gif

#4 Kenshin

Kenshin
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:00 AM

i had some panchax with a monsterous attitudes so when i did the last take rearange i put them in with some small jewel cichlids checked in an hour and one of them was a beheaded, gutted, tail-less corpse..... needlless to say i moved the remainding panchax quicksmart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users