EOI - Rare Albino Saulosi

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#1 me

me
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 March 2004 - 12:17 AM

Got a few of these at about 6-8cm.

I have no specific price atm but am after an estiamte as to what people are willing to pay.

#2 00 Electric 00

00 Electric 00
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 March 2004 - 01:25 AM

I would try over east they are crazy about albinos :good

#3 anchar

anchar
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 March 2004 - 02:17 AM

Hi Blake,
I may be interested in them...more details please

merjo

#4 00 Electric 00

00 Electric 00
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 March 2004 - 02:27 AM

Are the males white with red eyes and the females orange gold with red eyes or the other way around.??

Or both white?

#5 chuckmeister

chuckmeister
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 March 2004 - 10:58 AM

IMO you guys have got to be careful with what you claim to have for sale. While I'm not doubting you are spawning albinos, have you checked with the previous breeders what they kept them with?? With the many thousands of these guys bred all of a sudden for albinos to pop up....!!!! You also dont offer any pictures. To express your interest on a rare albino saulosi without at least a photo is in the least foolhardy and also does not allow the general public to decide on an opinion on these fish. Its like buying Albino Labs which are quite obviously not labs. There are quite enough fish around with questionable ancestry to add another. While I dont want to upset any apple carts I think its up to the breeder to prove or verify as best they can that they have the real deal. Also do these guys breed true a couple generations down the line??
There are many questions that need to be answered before you ask for what they are worth???

Charlie

#6 peddigree

peddigree
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 March 2004 - 06:55 PM

I bought them off a mate who had them breeding but he never got any albinos , they were in a tank by them selves . He only got one mouthfull out of them and there was 2 females so im guessing he got a mouthfull from the non albino spitting female ... I put the trio in a 3ft tank by them selves and let them breed and i was getting some albinos from a certain female. I then sold the pair but kept the female who wos spitting the albinos out , Steve green got the pair back off who i sold them too and then i gave him the other female i still had . So they havent been with any other fish through-out the time they have been spitting albinos . So decide for yourself . I'll get some pics up soon . Chuckmeister i see what your saying but they wouldnt be advertised if i didnt think they were true to their name !!!

#7 me

me
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 March 2004 - 08:11 PM

These fish are not for sale now they have been relocated.

As for them not been true albinos, i do have a picture

#8 Mazimbwe

Mazimbwe
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 March 2004 - 01:02 AM

Quote:
As for them not been true albinos, i do have a picture
...but what? You wont post it?! lol :bd

I would like to see what the fry throw when bred together, Chuck. I think that would answer the question you are asking.:good

I also know why you tried not to offend anyone as the owners of these fish are very passionate about them and get a little heated when someone asks about their "saulosi". :eek Take heart Albino-saulosi owners...Chuck is not stiring $hit, he is asking a question with the hobby in mind. ;)

#9 hyperdive

hyperdive
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 March 2004 - 02:33 AM

For me the proof is in the pudding.

Send me a pic or post one up here and if I like it, you'll get your offer :)

I'd need to see both male and female forms. Saying you have albino saulosi is fine, but unless they are good looking AND good quality, they are worthless IMHO.

andy(at)divefreak.com

Edited by: hyperdive  at: 3/1/04 6:34 pm

#10 me

me
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 March 2004 - 06:05 AM

Ok with the new owners permission i will post one up.
it isnt the best picture and i assume it is a photo of a female.

#11 mrgreen

mrgreen
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 March 2004 - 07:31 PM

well i can tell u now , that this post is very premature, to cut to the chase on verifing there authenticity , i have the normal coloured male and female , still in my possesion , they are true to type , and are NOT cross breeds , they never have the chance to cross as they are in a species tank. As for the fry , i am gettin ratios slightly above 25% albinos per breed , i have found pics on the net of these fish (goggle search "albino salousi") , and these pics here are of juviniles (not the google net photos), they appear to be white males ( with slightly darker banding*google*) and gold females*google* ( as the ones u see in the pics*my fish* ) these are the three oldest and could be all females , or the male has not yet displayed its final colouring. this colouring situation is inline with normal salousi as the males at juvinile stage take on the females colouring , not changing to his "male" colouring untill he has a reason to do so , currently i have 14 of these fish , as it has been a huge challange to keep the fry alive , and unfortunate circumstances has caused me to lose over 40 fry (albino's) in 4 mouthfulls over 16 weeks ...

i think from these photos u can see that they are not as deep bodied as the zebra style albinos (questionable cross breeds included) , and these pics are of a "truely salousi" shape . i do agree with wat chuck is saying , it is in the benifit of the hobby to keep all species "true" and its unfortunate that this post has been posted as it was not my intention to do so untill these sub adults had started to produce there own fry , but alas the first stone has been cast , i hope these pics will "prove" there authenticity.

i can only hope , wen i further develop this rare species that everyones appreciation of there amazing colours will be half as intense as my own , as i truely love this fish , and in my opinion , there colurs are second to none.
cheers for reading all this
steve green

Edited by: mrgreen at: 3/2/04 11:41 am

#12 mrseby

mrseby
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 March 2004 - 08:18 PM

Hay Greeenyyyyyyyyyyyy

supa fish keep up the good work :good

sorry to hear about the deaths but im sure it will be all good now
:hat

#13 Mazimbwe

Mazimbwe
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 March 2004 - 09:14 PM

Well done Steve.
Glad to see the fish are doing so well...and sorry to hear that you lost so many.
As you have no doubt worked out, this post works in your favour(tho you have not been in control of the timing :rolleyes ) B'coz the questions will be answered thru this post...and people will get a chance to see what the fish look like. It is clear to me from the colour of the eye that they are Albino and the shape is obviously not Metriaclima(Zebra) like.

Glad you took the thread at face value and see the questions raised for what they are...Question, nothing more. Is sad to see so many people take offence to a simple question and you have shown that this is the better way to answer them. :good

#14 mrgreen

mrgreen
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 March 2004 - 09:20 PM

cheers maz , although i could write half a book on these lil guys , ill let them do all the talking for themselves smile.gif

cheers steve green

#15 hyperdive

hyperdive
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 March 2004 - 11:18 PM

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the pics. I agree that they are indeed a nice looking fish, but I'm puzzled by your reference to "the saulosi shape".

As you know, a saulosi is a zebra type. The saulosi I've owned in the past have always been quite deep in the body:

Could you expand on exactly what you mean by your fish having a slender body as opposed to a typical zebra shape?

#16 00 Electric 00

00 Electric 00
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 March 2004 - 12:47 AM

THey Look really nice MR green :good :good :good

Good Luck

Edited by: 00 Electric 00  at: 3/2/04 4:53 pm

#17 peddigree

peddigree
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 March 2004 - 01:06 AM

Hey hey hey cmon he didn't breed or raise those fish I DID !!! hahah they are his now but , i cry at night about not having them anymore :( I still reckon they are the best albino fish around i dont like the look of any other species of albinos ...

Edited by: peddigree at: 3/2/04 5:08 pm

#18 mrgreen

mrgreen
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 March 2004 - 01:16 AM

the referance was referring to fry and sub adults , wat i ment was , even at a small size , some of these albinos that have been spotted in perth are not slender at all but quite deep in the body at wat i wood call "a undeveloped age". but i find that my fry and sub adults do not "beef" up till they are older , i just find that zebra fry are deeper in the body at the earlier stages of life , maybe its just my fry and the way i raise them *shrugs * ur pics are very similar to my adults and yes , at adult stage they do become more deeper bodied , i hope this clears this up smile.gif

this is the daddy

and the mum
cheers steve green

#19 mrgreen

mrgreen
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 March 2004 - 01:26 AM

yes peds you should get all the credit , i meen u were the one that first spawned them , got albino's , gave away the male , and lost all but 3 albino fry!!! just lucky i had a spare 20 bux to put the trio back together and continue this breeding of this spectacular fish , hats off to u matey

#20 Mazimbwe

Mazimbwe
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 March 2004 - 05:59 AM

LOL@Ped's...just got Bitch-slapped by the big fella!! :lol :rollin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users