Even Newer Multi's Setup :)

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 MrLeifBeaver

MrLeifBeaver
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 12 September 2014 - 02:17 PM

Sorry, should have been clearer.

When you do a water change and clean the tank. How much of a pain is it? Do you have to remove all those shells and vacuum the sand etc? Or do you just do regular water changes and leave it as it is down there?

If you have good water flow across the bottom of the tank, the fish debris and food will get sucked into the filter and not settle on the floor of the tank.

To do this, setup a bubbler with a long air stone to create a 'bubble curtain', this creates a nice water draft in the tank from top to bottom.

I would assume your filter will give you some kind of circular motion and the bubble curtain will do the up/down motion thus covering all areas in your tank.

So in conclusion, you will never have to vacuum your gravel/sand/shells again.

Edited by MrLeifBeaver, 12 September 2014 - 02:18 PM.

#22 malawiman85

malawiman85
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:10 PM

Sorry Leif I disagree. Crap gets caught in every nook and cranny. Maybe not a big deal with minuscule multi's, etc but as a rule vacuuming and moving stuff is still a must in most situations.

Though I agree getting the flow right to take care of most waste is important.

#23 Mattymak

Mattymak
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:31 PM

I never vacuum for the multi's haha :) they're all fine I don't think their tiny poos do much to 250lt of water haha

#24 MrLeifBeaver

MrLeifBeaver
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:05 PM

Sorry Leif I disagree. Crap gets caught in every nook and cranny. Maybe not a big deal with minuscule multi's, etc but as a rule vacuuming and moving stuff is still a must in most situations.

Though I agree getting the flow right to take care of most waste is important.

No worries, I just don't seem to have the issues with the my fish tank floors being full of poop and that is how my tanks are running. I'll have a closer look maybe there is a bit but it's hard to see on my brown substrate. I do also run bottom fish in my thatnk maybe they are doing a great job cleaning the tank then?

#25 malawiman85

malawiman85
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:08 PM

Your fish, like Matty's multis probably arent heavy crappers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users