Photo

Which One Is Better??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Scotty Richo

Scotty Richo
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:58 PM

Hey everyone just looking at setting up a new tank depending on with of these 3 I will choose too keep... I need some help and info on which one is best for me??

- compressiceps
- calvus
- sumbu (shell dweller).

It would be great too get some info and what people keep and their experience of keeps these fish and their breeding them and if you could a photo of your fish and you tank setup

Cheer and info is grateful :)

#2 Poncho

Poncho

Vice Presidente Castro

• Committee

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:22 PM

Hi mate,

They're all pretty much the same besides the sumbus. Depends really on which variant you like the look of. I like the gold head mutondwe and the fire fin compressiceps types. If you want a different alto try source some fasciatus - there were some around not that long ago

#3 Mattymak

Mattymak
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:21 PM

I like the gold head & fire fin too!

#4 malawiman85

malawiman85
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:54 AM

Which one do you like best? If you get anything else you will just regret it.

Pick the one you want, research  the hell out of it and make it happen. Personally I really like Calvus, not sure why, they just really appeal to me.

#5 Christopher

Christopher
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:23 PM

Calvus have always been one of my favourite fish. Am yet to keep them (will be in 2 or so months though) but visually I just feel they have 'cleaner' patterns and finnage than any compressiceps ive seen.
Might just be a discrepency in the quality of the calvus that ive seen compared to the comps.

+1 for what MM said though, when it comes to fish what is 'better' is really up to you, just take your own time to decide what you want, theres no rush and you'll be much happier when your certain of the fish that you want ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users