Photo

Eoi - Lethrinops Red Capuz

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mr_docfish

Mr_docfish
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:48 PM

We have a local breeder thinking of selling his Breeding Colony of Lethrinops sp Red Capuz - 1 male and 4 females, with a fair few young to prove their breedability.

He does not wish to sell them to just anyone, he wants them to go to a good fishkeeper, that's why they are not in the shop for general public viewing and does not want them stressed out through double handling - he is only open to offers at this stage....

I will post up some pics when I get some from him in the next few days.

Anyone interested in the colony, PM me with interest.

#2 Evil_Boof

Evil_Boof
  • Forum Member

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:09 PM

ive been looking for a couple of these.. im not a "professional" by any means.. but my fish are alive and happy smile.gif

any idea what price a male and female would go for?

#3 Mr_docfish

Mr_docfish
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:38 PM

I know he wants to sell them as a full colony of 5 fish (one male) - he wants the tank they are in to raise the young - he needs the room... but he is not sure how much they are worth, it is up to supply and demand...

Here is the male with two of the females

he is only after expressions of interest for now... if there is interest, then he will make up his mind as to how much they are worth - in the mean time, feel free to PM me with an offer. If there is no interest, then he will have to find another tank and a place to put it for grow out of the different sized young.

Edited by Mr_docfish, 26 July 2011 - 06:41 PM.

#4 STEVEGREEN

STEVEGREEN
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:58 AM

i think they were going for around $10-$15 each @ 4cm at the auction

can anyone remember????

cheers
Steve Green

#5 YIN93

YIN93
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:35 AM

I am definitely interested. As I have a small colony already and wanting to expand my colony.

Cheers

#6 Mr_docfish

Mr_docfish
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:15 PM

Ill get him to measure up the size - they are full grown from what he tells me, I have not seen them myself, but I have seen the young, they turn out prefect, no issues.

he hinted to me that offers over $100ea (so $500 or more for the colony) is what he considers fair considering the size, quality and rarity - I do not get anything for them, just passing them through to help him out...

I stress again, he is not desperately looking to getting rid of them, just considering his options whether to buy another tank, or sell them to make the room - this is your chance to get a proven breeding colony that can pay back their purchase price in one spawn (about 60-80 young per female)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users