The Fish Vet

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 waruna

waruna

New Life Spectrum

• Sponsor

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:18 PM

Hi, I recently made an appointment with Dr. Richmond Loh, The fish Vet. He visited my house and treated one of my sick Discus fish.. If anyone here is interested in consulting him here are his details:

Dr Richmond Loh
BSc BVMS MPhil (*Vet Path*) MACVSc (*Aquatics* & *Pathobiology*) DipPM CMAVA
Veterinarian / Adjunct Lecturer Murdoch University

*The Fish Vet*, Perth, Western Australia.
*Mobile Veterinary Service for fish and other aquatic creatures.*
http://www.thefishvet.com.au
Ph: +61 (0)421 822 383

#2 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:09 PM

Was the treatment successful? And what was the diagnosis and treatment?

#3 waruna

waruna

New Life Spectrum

• Sponsor

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:41 PM

It's hard to say.. I kind of think this particular fish is a very fussy eater.. I think it was starving itself, since i stopped feeding live worms!

The most important thing i learnt from the consultation was the correct dosing amounts, i have been under dosing, including the time i wormed them. So this is worth every penny I spent. These doses are much higher to the ones that I have come across on forums, there was NO reaction from this but i'm not going to post the dosage rates on public forums and later have members sue me for compensation if something goes wrong. I am not qualified to do this smile.gif But this doesn't stop me from posting on my journal!

#4 cozza2000

cozza2000
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:40 PM

What was the cost ?

#5 waruna

waruna

New Life Spectrum

• Sponsor

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:37 AM

Please contact Richmond for pricing..

#6 Hypanheaven

Hypanheaven
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:59 PM

This is just an advertisement! You don't say weather it was successful or not nor the price! Alot of pcs members are still in school and a approx price wouldnt go astray! Let alone what he actually did!

This forum is meant to help each other in keeping fish alive an healthy

#7 waruna

waruna

New Life Spectrum

• Sponsor

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:50 PM

This is just an advertisement!

So what is the problem with that? This thread is clearly Marked "THE FISH VET CONTACT DETIALS"

You don't say weather it was successful or not nor the price! Alot of pcs members are still in school and a approx price wouldnt go astray! Let alone what he actually did!

I started this thread to post the vets contact details.. On AUG 21st i posted the clinical notes on my tank journal, 5 days before i started this thread, where i believe is more appropriate...

This forum is meant to help each other in keeping fish alive an healthy

Correct, that is why i feel consulting a vet specializing in aquatics and bio pathology is much better at diagnosing fish diseases than to get advice from a forum where a lot of members who seem to be still in school..!!! Kids at school these days have access to emails and mobile phones, it cost 17c to make a phone call and find out possible charges depending on number of km for the vet to travel, tank volume for dosing etc etc which will vary the vet fees..

I felt like i was running out of options for this particular fish, and had spent enough time playing the guessing game..! And for the record I am recommending this Vet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users