Snail Pests, Freshwater Rays & Plant Maintenance.
You ALL need to come to our Tuesday, September 4th - PCS meeting. We have PCS Committee Members coming in to talk all about a few subjects.
- Mike will talk you through Snail Pests and show you how to avoid the infestation and what to do if you have an outbreak.
- Craig is going to show us all Plant Maintenance and how to keep those planted tanks looking pristine and avoid things that can destroy your planted world.
- Brendan is going to talk about his experiences with keeping Freshwater Rays. Learn about these freindly and beautiful tank mates and ask any questions you may have.
- Darryl is going to give a quick demo on how to bag your fish properly so they can be transported home. Great for those putting in lots in the PCS Auction.
The next meeting of the Perth Cichlid Society will be on Tuesday, September 4th. The meeting will be held at our venue Atwell College, 201 Brenchley Drive, Atwell 6164. We will be opening doors at 7:30pm and starting at 8:00pm. Please park your cars in the car park marked, do not enter the school gates.
· We will have another Fish of the Month. This month's FoTM is Neolamprologus similis We will have a bag of 8 of these beautiful cichlids from Lake Tanganyika of around 2-4cm up for grabs that were kindly donated by PCS member - Ashram. Learn about the fish, bid to take them home. All proceeds go to Stuart Grant Cichlid Preservation Fund.
· Grab some raffle tickets for our Sponsor prize table full of awesome aquarium hobby items. Heaps of aquarium related prizes prizes to win!! See Darryl 'Dazzabozza and Stormfyre' on the night to grab your tickets. Don't forget 20% of raffle goes towards the Cichlid Preservation Fund.
· Why not enter our April Malawi PCS Showtable competition. Bring a cichlid or catfish down to the meeting and you could win sponsor prizes or vouchers. **Small tanks are available at the venue if you PM organiser Ash 'Ashram' on our forums at least a day before you come down. Feel free to bring you own tank and air, but no other items are permitted in tank for judging.
· The PCS Library will be open where you can borrow books, magazines and DVDs of all kinds of cichlid topics. See Craig 'Delapool' on the night to borrow items.
· In the PCS Kitchen we will have some good old fashion Aussie Sausage Sizzle to warm you up and other snacks for you to buy. We will also have hot and cold drinks and snacks. Don't forget 20% of kitchen purchases goes towards the Cichlid Preservation Fund.
Please note -
You can pay cash or we can accept MasterCard, VISA Debit, VISA Credit and PayPal.
General public are welcome to attend, so please bring your friends along.
The doors will open just on 7:30pm to start setting up. Talks will start at 8:00pm.
All are welcome. Hope to see you there Tuesday, September 4th.
Doors open 7:30pm. Meeting starts 8:00pm at Atwell College, 201 Brenchley Drive, Atwell 6164.