Photo

Frontosa Location

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#201 Leigh

Leigh
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

Why would anyone try and bump this 5 months on?

#202 Departure

Departure
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (Fish-lips @ Jun 10 2012, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With most frontoa species they have diffrence of body shape,colors,fins and some species come from deeper waters,with the Zaire's they are from the Congo and the collector get shot at

You should check out my many species and you will understand the diffrence in species
Like the high price in catfish some species are worth $650 at 3cm

Lol I guess I would want to be paid more to get shot at also, Actually its pretty funny us westerners paying poor country men to get shot at, so we can boast how good are fish are and what part of the lake they are from. Its funny to know while we sit back at night enjoying a nice cold beer while watching our fish, The catcher is mending his gun shot wounds getting ready for another day out on the patch lol...

#203 Anka

Anka
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

Everyone in Africa gets shot at.

If you didn't pay some people to collect fish then they would have to find another way to support their families. That might entail piracy on the South Atlanic or Indian Ocean, arms and drug trafficking, prostitution, terrorism, war etc.

I'm sure a lot of people would have preferred Idi Amin to have been a fish collector...

#204 Departure

Departure
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

yes I know your point and all those other occupations are in effect anyway. I have worked both in south africa and west africa offshore, so I do have an idea how they make there money. Just thought it was funny that we argue about what part of the lake a particular fish came from, while the life of the catcher is no concern to us.

#205 Anka

Anka
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

Agreed. Where in West Africa did you work? Angola, Nigeria? Do you work for Chevron? Exxaro? ConocoPhillips?

#206 Departure

Departure
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

Angola in west africa, and was just in ship yards getting the rig repaired in cape town on few occasions. Im sure the client was chevron when an Angola but it was fair few years ago now, but yes I have worked for Exxon also in other locations, never worked with Conoco, but have worked for apache, Rockoil, Petrobras in brazil ect..

#207 Buccal

Buccal
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (fishking123 @ Jan 30 2013, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is a Chinese person different or the same as a Korean person?

Is a black person from Kenya different then a black person in Jamaica?

Is a Hispanic person from Mexico different from a hispanic person from peru?

I think if you can answer these Qs then you know the answer to this thread.

!!POINT IS PROVEN!!

This is the only thing I will say to this thread, no more responses.
The differences in fronts to different location are undoubtedly there, and that's fine for one that wants to collect.
This whole debate was about the authenticity of the relative documentation involved in the sales of these fish.
You don't have to justify why you like them, it's your own bussiness and that's fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users