Photo

Mainstream Media

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 January 2017 - 03:41 PM

what do people think of mainstream media these days ???  are we seeing more propaganda then ever before.....

this one incident high lighted it for me recently.....

first thing the media said was its not a terror attack.... referring to the incident in melbourne on bourke street where a driver run down people at random killing 3 initially and now that toll has risen to 6 today and still one more person is still classed as critical and 9 others still in hospital...

anyway have a read of the article if you havent already read it or similar and make your own mind up....

http://www.news.com....7cd41bf59e6aeba

#2 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 31 January 2017 - 05:34 PM

I prefer to watch sbs world news if I want to know what's happening, although these days I just tune in for the sport and weather. Saves me getting upset from reading about some crazy radicalised scumbag mowing down pedestrians including a few month old baby.

#3 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:07 AM

i watch ch 7 9 and 10 on different occasions for the news - see something that interests me then check it online... im amazed at the differing information given sometimes... watched nbc other day - omg poor americans are getting brain washed...  cbs and fox news gobsmacked me..... 

i guess its the easiest way to manipulate the population.... 

have a few online news browsers but anybody have their favourite they wanna share ?

#4 malawiman85

malawiman85
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:34 AM

I stopped watching news and reading papers a fair while ago.
Once you work out that it's trumped up emotive bullshit intended for maximum profit rather than dissemination of information it all becomes totally pointless.
I don't see why I need to get stressed out about who Putin has bombed or who Trump has pissed off. None of it actually has an impact on my life so I choose to ignore it. It's not that I don't care but it's beyond my control so I get on with my life.
And Jason made my point with the example he used. I don't really want to know about that stuff.

I can't be the only one that's given up. So isn't it funny that in using their ridiculous methods to sell news/advertising , these outlets are actually reducing sales?

#5 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:28 AM

yeah a lot of people have the same thinking - its funny when you hear the same incident on 3 or 4 different channels and you think are they taking about the same thing cause the detail is so different... as if they fabricated half of it themselves...

#6 Voodoo

Voodoo
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:16 PM

I find "news" websites are even worse - news.com.au has so much rubbish that they are trying to pass off as news that it feels like reading a tabloid at times

#7 extend

extend
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:48 PM

I think what everybody needs to do is take notes from all 4 news channels find the average of what they are telling you and base your thoughts about current topics off of the average.

#8 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 February 2017 - 01:08 AM

i did like todays meladrama though... trump hangs up on turnbull after he refuses to take australias refugees that have been rejected and sitting on manus island... :)

made me laugh - in ya face turnbull :)    both labor and liberal promising political reform and policing of politicians nerks and perks... and travel rorts.... but i dont believe either side has any intention of doing this.... 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users