Customs Contact

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Poncho

Poncho

Vice Presidente Castro

• Committee

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:28 PM

I'm getting some fish shipped in from over east next week and was just trying to find out who to contact in regard to clearing the cargo once it arrives in Perth. Is it AQIS or customs (or are they the same thing?) that I need to notify?

Also is there a specific department or branch to contact?

Thanks,

Brett

#2 Den

Den
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:40 PM

Call quarantine office on 9334 1802 or after hours number 0404 819 512.

You will need to know the carrier and the time the flight is due for arrival, the quarantine officer may ask you for the flight number, but sometimes the airlines wont give it to you"for security reasons?" I think they do it just cause they are lazy or want to piss you off!, at times it can all certainly test your organisational skills and be a real pain in the butt. Also it helps if you get the consignement note number from the person shipping the goods, should something go wrong you can try to track it with the airline.

Sometimes they'll skip a flight so you really want to call the airline and make sure your fish are on the scheduled flight before you drive to the airport and be prepared to cancel and defer the quarantine officer should your fish end up on a different flight.

You really want to make sure the shipper gets it on the earliest flight possible, late arrival flights may see your fish stranded overnight at the airport until quarantine opens and at this time of the year that can be deadly for your fish.

#3 Poncho

Poncho

Vice Presidente Castro

• Committee

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:01 PM

Thanks for that Den and for the tips.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users