Photo

Nissan Stagea Rs4

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 mickya

mickya
  • Forum Member

Posted 26 April 2008 - 09:24 PM

Has anyone ever owned one or know someone that does?

I am looking into getting one... very seriously. And very soon, which reminds me I have a Holden Commodore VL for sale so pm with enquiries if you wish

I was just wandering if you have had one how they were for insurance (I'm 19 and guessing it'll be a fair bit more for me)?
how you found it as a car to drive, fuel consumption (on an aussie scale, not american etc.)? I have read many positive reviews on this car and given the the specs i can see why!
Any replies would be good.

Here is afew pics.

Thanks All. Mick

#2 Kenji

Kenji
  • Forum Member

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:19 PM

IMO yr 19 olds should be driving 1L 3 cyclinder cars that goes from 0-100 in 25secs. That way we get rid off all the accidents that we are getting. if you have less than 5 years experience driving, then you shouldnt be allowed to own a high powered car. Its like with bikes, you have to get a 250cc license, then another license to drive anything above a 250cc. Then we dont get situations like we did when that idiot killed the baby in Thonlie.

And before you start defending yourselves and say that your are a good driver and dont speed, etc, etc, there is too many variables out there, and couple that with inexperience, you get a highly combustible situation. I have owned a skyline, and its just too tempting and fun to drive fast, and when you dont have the experience, then the risk of an accident is extremely high.

#3 mickya

mickya
  • Forum Member

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:51 PM

I understand alot of people's p.o.v on the topic, but i think it comes down to the individuals driving the cars, i know plenty of people my age with high performance cars, sure they speed every now and then like everyone else, but not to the extent they should be on a race track, they don't street race, they haven't crashed. As i said IMO it's all down to the individual.

You look at the specs of the car, i'm not wanting to buy it for its engine or power, although thats a bonus, but i want it for it's all round performance, practicality and price.

#4 Kenji

Kenji
  • Forum Member

Posted 26 April 2008 - 11:14 PM

nice car though, how much u paying for it?

#5 mickya

mickya
  • Forum Member

Posted 26 April 2008 - 11:22 PM

the one i'm looking at is $16000, but i recon should be able to bargain them abit wink.gif

#6 Kenji

Kenji
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:04 AM

Hate to see your insurance quote.

16k in perth or freighted?

#7 Neakit

Neakit
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:19 AM

if you mention the word turbo and car with an age of 19 you are considered uninsurable. I have had people refuse me insurance and im 23 with a 04 ba xr8, unmodified. other wise they are nice

#8 Blakey

Blakey
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:00 AM

turbo and import will kill you...

i reckon any p plater with a high powered car will race it. Whatsthe point of having a high powered car? to go fast.

turbos blowers (superchargers) all made to go faster.

But in saying that the stageas are f'en awsome.... and would be an awsome car to own.. 4wd so you got extra traction there.

#9 mickya

mickya
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:05 AM

yeh i've tried to get some online quotes and had no luck, being an import it's not on any lists so i'll have to wait for tomorow and ring around. i think i'll give shannons and just car a shot first.

the car is now in Perth from Broome,

#10 mickya

mickya
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:09 AM

thats why i like the stagea, its the best wagon for your $ under 70K!
wrx's are all over the place and over priced.

wagon is just perfect, i can lay the seats down chuck a matress in there and sleep in comfort if needed smile.gif
at first i didn't like these cars, but having looked into them they are absolutely awesome IMO

#11 Leevers

Leevers
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:24 AM

A Stagea is a nice car equiped with a lovely and more than reliable Rb25det of which is capable of approx 400hp on standard motor. The only issue you have to look out for is previous accident history along with modification history as both will affect your decision. Other than that their a nice car all in all. Not always to find in the best of condition, but otherwise nice to drive. Fuel consumption will depend on your choice of tune and mods if you plan on going there. Insurance will cost you about $2000-2500 at a guess and you'll only be able to get it through JustCar as i can almost guarentee you that no one else will touch you.

#12 TWiST

TWiST
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:26 AM

insurance will be fun for you when i got my v8 hx gts panno i paid 2800 for it but the for full cover the insurence company wanted 4100 a year that was when i was 16, most places wouldnt cover me tho i had to make deals with them so i ended up payin 750 a year to cover someone else car

#13 mickya

mickya
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:25 PM

Just Car will insure it for $2200

#14 Leevers

Leevers
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 April 2008 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (mickya @ Apr 27 2008, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just Car will insure it for $2200

I was spot on the money then ey? haha

#15 mickya

mickya
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 April 2008 - 02:13 PM

yes indeedy, welldone. haha
hopefully i sell my vl soonish then.... that'll just cover the insurance on the Stagea lol.

#16 teck

teck
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 April 2008 - 05:58 PM

with just car up ur excess incase u have an accident and ur premium should b cheaper im with just care now but hbf is also quite good try them but my car is costing me $1500 a yr and im 24

#17 mickya

mickya
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (teck @ Apr 27 2008, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
with just car up ur excess incase u have an accident and ur premium should b cheaper im with just care now but hbf is also quite good try them but my car is costing me $1500 a yr and im 24

ah k cheers for that, what are you driving?

#18 teck

teck
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:18 PM

evo 8 i insured it for 35000 and they still want an arm and a leg mayb insure ur car lower then price of premium will drop

#19 DR14GoNF14SH

DR14GoNF14SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 April 2008 - 02:25 AM

Not really my cuppa tea them stagea's...too big, too square, too heavy...and too much petrol!!

A good alternative imo would be the GT forrester or the WRX wagon! ( but im a bit "subuaru" biased ) They would also be much easier to get parts for...
Before getting my wrxy sedan, i was after a wagon aswell...something different and they look real nice dumped low...but it wasnt too be...

The wrx my99 that i bought is wikid! very very happy, and highly recommended to anyone... and its decent on petrol! at the mo, i get around 400-450kms on 50L...and i hurt it quite a bit wink.gif ( cant wait to get my front mount & boost controller! wink.gif )

Anyways...what ever you get, try reg it in your parents name...

cheers,
e. blink.gif

btw: heres a pic of my baby!

#20 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:21 AM

I have a R34 and love it to bits. Never known anyone to have a Stagea Rs4 but anything with the RB series engines in them are usually a good bit of fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users