Photo

Fish Id Please

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 deena_me

deena_me
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:41 PM

Hey there i was sold this fish as a red devil but im now unsure because most red devils i have seen are red the pic posted is not him but hes like the one in the pic just doesnt have a big kok any advice on this fish will be great thanks

http://www.oscarsfis.../...bum=5&pos=3

Attached Files

#2 Fish Antics

Fish Antics

Treasurer / Life Member

• Admin

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:52 PM

Some Red devil's retain the striped colouration and dont turn a light colour such as the yellow/white or orange. It would be good to see an actual picture as there are some poor quality Flowerhorns that are messing up the gene pool! biggrin.gif

#3 deena_me

deena_me
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (Fish Antics @ Jun 3 2010, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some Red devil's retain the striped colouration and dont turn a light colour such as the yellow/white or orange. It would be good to see an actual picture as there are some poor quality Flowerhorns that are messing up the gene pool! biggrin.gif

ill get a picture tomorow and post it up cheers for the reply

#4 CubanB

CubanB
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 June 2010 - 02:35 PM

this is a picture of my old red devil/midas which looks quite similar to yours. i saw both parents and they were blood orange and looked nothing like this guy yet some of his brothers were orange even at 10cm. some are late bloomers to 'split' to red but i guess some just never do.

where did you buy it from?

#5 deena_me

deena_me
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 June 2010 - 05:07 PM

yeh mine looks like that one exactly the same i got him from a guy on this forum

#6 the pulpican man

the pulpican man
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 June 2010 - 05:23 PM

how big is it? it can take a while for red devils to peel..

btw, cuban, thats a nice looking fish smile.gif

#7 deena_me

deena_me
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 June 2010 - 05:29 PM

mines about 23 cm some days he goes really pinky orange in his face other days hes really dark depends on his mood but hes a real character

#8 tywonreef

tywonreef
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (deena_me @ Jun 4 2010, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey there i was sold this fish as a red devil but im now unsure because most red devils i have seen are red the pic posted is not him but hes like the one in the pic just doesnt have a big kok any advice on this fish will be great thanks

http://www.oscarsfis.../...bum=5&pos=3

Hi.To me this looks like a x.Im thinking a blue eyes cross with maybe a cuban or flowerhorn crossed with blue eyes.Thats my take on it anyway.Hopefully some1 in here might identify him better for you.Good luck m8.Troy

#9 the pulpican man

the pulpican man
  • Forum Member

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:57 AM

blue eyed cichlids are very close to convicts, that fish doesn't have any characteristics of a convict or blue eyed cichlid, i can't see any cuban patterning on there either, you have to remember aswell, thats not the exact fish, its just similar to their one, my guess would be red devil X midas or flowerhorn.

cheers,

#10 deena_me

deena_me
  • Forum Member

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:05 AM

hey guys fish has been moved on now , but was told hes a red devil just aint coloured up thanks for all the replys

#11 Den

Den
  • Forum Member

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:45 PM

Some Red devil's retain the striped colouration and dont turn a light colour such as the yellow/white or orange. It would be good to see an actual picture as there are some poor quality Flowerhorns that are messing up the gene pool!

Others would say there are some poor quality central americans messing up the flowerhorn gene pool! laugh.gif

Cheers
Den

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users