Photo

Tankmates Help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Salpon

Salpon
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:57 AM

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but I need some help choosing suitable tankmates.

I bought a red forest jewel and kribensis a while back to add to my Malawi tank, before I knew better. The store told me they would be fine but I later found out that they really do better in different water paramaters. So I've finally decided to move them to their own tank. It's just a 70L but I think it'll be plenty of space. I would like to try plants and driftwood, which I've never done before so I'm pretty excited about it. I really don't know what else I could put in with them though. Both the krib and jewel are females.

Any help would be appreciated!

Matt

#2 Graeme76

Graeme76
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:32 AM

I think the best tank mates for Jewels are other Jewels. Nandopsis Salvini wuld work out ok or if you can find them Pseudocrenilabrus Philander (havn't seen them in Perth yet. The Jewel will get too aggressive for the Krib. You might need to get yet another tank so that you can seperate those two as well.

#3 Salpon

Salpon
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:11 PM

Thanks Graeme, I thought that could be the case. However they are both female and have not shown any signs of aggression so I might give it a go.

#4 extend

extend
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:45 PM

Midland has some psuedocrenilabris multicolour not sure if they still do. They are a nice African river species, lots of color and seem only interested in fish of the same species in terms of aggression.

#5 Salpon

Salpon
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:19 PM

Yeah I remember seeing them there as well. Thanks for the suggestion.

I might just add some tetras as well and maybe gouramis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users