Show Us Your Reptiles

• Please log in to reply
467 replies to this topic

#1 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:41 AM

G'day

About time we started our own dedicated thread. Please share your reptile pics, stories and questions.

Here is a SWCP I picked up last night. He is mixed locality, which I'm not usually too fond of, but really liked his markings so I made an exception. Hatched in feb this year.

Apologies about the pic, it's a screen shot off my phone. Will take some of my own pics soon.

38FF914B-7624-4FDF-BCDC-7A5D3FF69A61_zps

#2 Voodoo

Voodoo
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:32 AM

thats a nice looking hatchling :)

here are some of my reptiles - got a gecko and a couple of smaller womas too - hatchlings and 1 smaller woma are for sale if anyone is interesed

Attached Files

#3 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:16 AM

Nice work voodoo. Where do you buy your substrate from? I've seen it at a few pet shops, but has always been super expensive for what it is.

#4 Voodoo

Voodoo
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:25 AM

which substrate are you referring to? the one in the bhp photo is just paper kitty little from the supermarket - the wood chips in the swcp photo is from bunnings - the stuff in the woma pic with the eggs is this moss stuff (cant remember the exact name but i can find out when i get home if you're interested) that i got from bunnings - but i have only used it for them to lay eggs in - its messy stuff that is quite difficult to remove hahaha

#5 Redevilz

Redevilz
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:29 AM

Absolutely stunning snakes guys, that SWCP is sensational. Sadly I don't have any reptiles but would love to get a woma or BHP.

Voodoo that BHP is a monster!

Edit- it corrected Voodoo to Novo do lol

Edited by Redevilz, 20 June 2014 - 04:01 PM.

#6 Voodoo

Voodoo
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:44 AM

yeah she is my favorite - shes so placid and cuddly hahaha i dont think i would like to be on the end of a feeding bite from her!

#7 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:55 AM

I was talking about the kitty litter. The stuff from bunnings that the woma has laid in looks like sphagnum moss.

Thanks Red. Be interesting to see how he develops.

Edited by Peckoltia, 20 June 2014 - 08:56 AM.

#8 Voodoo

Voodoo
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:58 AM

yeah its just kitty litter from the supermarket - i don't like that it doesn't look natural but its great - they can dig in it and when they shit it doesnt stink out the whole house!

sphagnum moss - thats the one!! great for lay boxes :)

#9 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:43 AM

I used the kitty litter years ago, have just been using news paper recently. What do you pay a bag? I saw it at pet city was 25bucks a bag.

I want to at least use it with my womas.

Edited by Peckoltia, 20 June 2014 - 09:43 AM.

#10 Jules

Jules
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:55 AM

weekend job, ill take some pics for you all!! (fishwise too!)

#11 Voodoo

Voodoo
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:11 AM

not really sure how much i pay - i just get the mrs to pick up a bag every now and again when she gets the shopping - http://shop.coles.co...litter-8811550p

thats the stuff i use - put it down thick so they can dig in it

#12 JackMack

JackMack
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:32 AM

Not usually a fan of snakes (TBH they make me sick) but that is one pretty snake Alex, how big do they grow generally?

#13 Voodoo

Voodoo
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:37 AM

haha Jack i reckon withing about 10 minutes of holding my big black head I could convert you - snakes are wicked - i was freaked out by them before i held one :)

#14 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:44 AM

Not usually a fan of snakes (TBH they make me sick) but that is one pretty snake Alex, how big do they grow generally?

South west carpet pythons max out at around 2m. Like any animals some may be larger or smaller.

#15 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:25 AM

B4C97AE0-6F86-4EFA-9835-2C73308F1B85_zps

Just a phone pic, forgot how snappy young snakes can be, pretty funny watching it carry on like a pork chop behind the glass. Ass soon as he is out he is calm.

#16 JackMack

JackMack
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:55 PM

haha Jack i reckon withing about 10 minutes of holding my big black head I could convert you - snakes are wicked - i was freaked out by them before i held one :)

I don't know man, always been deadly afraid of snakes as I've had pretty heinous experiences with venomous ones over the years.

There was a snake like Alex's on gumtree a while back that had a pattern that read 'HENRY' down it's side, thought it was pretty cool.

#17 Voodoo

Voodoo
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:15 AM

yeah im not surprised if you dont like venomous snakes!! but pythons are awesome!!

#18 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:01 PM

What have been your bad experiences with venomous snakes in the past? That is if you don't mind sharing.

Edited by Peckoltia, 23 June 2014 - 10:12 AM.

#19 ice

ice
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:10 AM

They are all awesome, Vens included :) Just need to have a healthy respect for them and appreciate them for what they are.

#20 JackMack

JackMack
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:30 PM

1. Getting painted with a dugite that'd just found its way into a lawn mower blade
2. Picked up a soccer ball on year 8 camp only for a huge brown snake to charge at me (was under the ball in a crevice of rocks)
3. At trig beach I came out of the water only to find a snake under my towel, ran off only to be approached by another one up in the seating area..

No bites or anything but I'm still not going to be fond of them any time soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)