Posted Image

PCS & Stuart M. Grant - Cichlid Preservation Fund - Details here

PCS Photo Comp 2018 - Enter to Win Prizes - Details here

August PCS Meeting  - Auction Night & AGM - Tues August 7th - Details here

August Fish of the Month Placidochromis sp. "Phenochilus Tanzania" - Details here

July Photo Comp - West African Cichlids - Enter Now! - Details here

Photo

8X3X2' Reef Tank Journal

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 ice

ice
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 July 2018 - 02:31 PM

A little from column A, a little from column B :)

#22 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 03 July 2018 - 03:27 PM

My wife's instructions are 'don't blow anything up, don't set the house on fire, don't make it impossible to holiday anywhere'.

#23 ice

ice
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 July 2018 - 04:01 PM

"Yes dear"

#24 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 06 July 2018 - 11:05 AM

tank5_zpskaqzxiwu.jpg

Wall has now been painted black, and I must say it really pops already with the black stand and the rest of the house being painted 'ivory white'. The light brackets are currently at the powder coaters, getting finished in 'satin black' like the stand. Should look pretty spectacular once the tank gets pushed back on the wall, putting a real focus on the tanks inhabitants.

#25 ice

ice
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 July 2018 - 02:40 PM

Going to look great mate!

#26 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 09 July 2018 - 07:30 PM

Thanks mate. 

Not long now until there is water in the tank. Leak tested the overflow box (synergy ghost) and all the pipe work I have done so far over the weekend. Not a single leak from the bulkheads or any joins which is always a good start! 

Hopefully collect the lighting brackets/arms at some stage this week from the powder coaters. Then I just need to drill a couple holes in them for the light hanging kits to feed through and they are done. Just finalizing a couple things with the supplier of the lights and then get them shipped over.

Will keep the thread updated with how I have suspended the lights when there is something to show for it!

There is also a shortage of Carib Sea 'life rock' in Australia at the minute. Have put my order in, and hopefully will land at my supplier on the 21st of this month. So if everything stays to schedule the tank should be up and running with water by early August. 

It's been a long slog so far, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. I started this process (moving on my FW stingrays) back in early feb. So 6/7 Months from day 1 to having water in the tank.

#27 Jules

Jules
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 July 2018 - 07:40 AM

The best bit Alex is your doing properly, marine and reef keeping is all patience!

Really liking the black wall too, looks unreal.

#28 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:45 AM

Thanks Jules - I agree the wall looks mint. 

Yeah it's a brutally long slog - the issue with living in Australia, there is no store that has it all (in my opinion). I've kept a spreadsheet of purchases etc and I am up to 20 or so different stores I have bought things from. It's the little things; for example buying my RODI filter and it only coming with an adapter for the laundry hose. Then needing to find one to attach to the garden faucet. There have also been some pretty serious waits for products to come back into stock. Having said that I have come across a lot of people that have been absolutely lovely to deal with!

All that aside it will be worth it in the end, and it is a first world problem, nothing really to complain about.

Nothing good happens quickly in this hobby, only bad things.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users