Photo

Dying Dimis

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LOKI 83

LOKI 83
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:10 AM

I have a small colony of Dimi Comps that seem plagued with some sort of disease.. My big boy has had fairly large bubbly lumps on his mouth for months now, and as it didn't seem to bother him I didn't worry about it. Recently though he's come up with a couple of large raw looking sores around his jaw. And then a few days ago one of the girls died. there didn't appear to be anything wrong with her earlier, but when I found her, it almost looked like one of her gills had exploded... It was all puffed out on one side, and very red under the gill. Her throat was out of shape too... Like there was something big and pointy caught in her throat. I'm at a complete loss.... I haven't encountered anything like this before. Can anyone please shed some light on this for me???????????? unsure.gif

#2 shortie

shortie
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 June 2008 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (LOKI 83 @ Jun 6 2008, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a small colony of Dimi Comps that seem plagued with some sort of disease.. My big boy has had fairly large bubbly lumps on his mouth for months now, and as it didn't seem to bother him I didn't worry about it. Recently though he's come up with a couple of large raw looking sores around his jaw. And then a few days ago one of the girls died. there didn't appear to be anything wrong with her earlier, but when I found her, it almost looked like one of her gills had exploded... It was all puffed out on one side, and very red under the gill. Her throat was out of shape too... Like there was something big and pointy caught in her throat. I'm at a complete loss.... I haven't encountered anything like this before. Can anyone please shed some light on this for me???????????? unsure.gif

do they have trouble breathing?
could be flukes or a paracite

#3 Mr_docfish

Mr_docfish
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 07 June 2008 - 09:52 PM

Could be Bacterial, Parasitic or a tumour... most probably the first.

The question I would ask is why is it happening.

Check ALL water quality parameters (go to your LFS if you have not got all the tests, and make sure they write down the results for you)

Can you provide any photos? and more detail like possible age, size, how long you have had them for (how long has the tank been setup for) and what you are/have been feeding them.
The more little bits of information you can provide the better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users