Photo

Anyone Here Into Aquaponics?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Wet Dreams

Wet Dreams
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:00 PM

Just thought i'd see if anyone here was into Aquaponics? Im still very much a newbie when it comes to it, but have been researching for a while and collecting bits and pieces and am now almost ready to set it all up and hope for the best.

Plan is to keep a few Barra in summer and in winter keep Trout, along with your usual leafy veggies to much on too.

If your into it post up your setup.

Cheers Sam.

#2 ado

ado
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:48 PM

I'm into it Sam.

Haven't got it setup yet...about the same stage as you are I think. I've been collecting parts over time and should have it up and going in a month or so.

Post photo's of your setup when ur ready...very interested!!

Ado

#3 highlucks

highlucks
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:32 PM

Hey guys, I am going to set up an IBC system this summer and see how it goes so it should be a bit of fun. I will take care of the fish and my lady can look after the garden.

#4 Wet Dreams

Wet Dreams
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:06 PM

Ah good to see there's others out there interested too. Its still a very new concept so not many people have seen it or know about it.

Is there any plumbers on the site? Or people that know a plumber? Was hoping to get some pvc and fittings on the cheap rather than spending a fortune at good old bunnings.

#5 Ivan Sng

Ivan Sng
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:02 PM

If you have not bought your fittings yet, check out this website... they don't have everything but those that they have
a much cheaper than bunnings...

http://www.perthirrigation.com.au/

Also it is not a new concept... many people have been doing it for years... If you are still interested in Aquaponics, PM me and I will lead you to the AP resource...

#6 thefishdummy

thefishdummy
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:15 PM

Hi boys..

Hows your AP syst doing?

#7 kesaph

kesaph
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 February 2011 - 04:12 PM

I'm interested in doing this at some stage. Am looking at a 1000L IBC system too when I have some spare funds. I estimated it being around $400-$500 to set one up though.

In the mean time I am planning some wicking garden beds and hope to use the water from the fish tank water changes to feed these.

#8 thefishdummy

thefishdummy
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:02 PM

Hi Kesaph,

Beware ! Its addictive... lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users