The next meeting of the Perth Cichlid Society is on Tuesday, July 5th, 2016.
CO2 Enrichment & Bagging Fish.
Ever wanted an awesome looking planted tank for your cichlids? Thought about using CO2 but not sure where to start? Want to learn more about the ins and outs of CO2 usage? CO2 addict Rovik will deliver a short fascinating talk on the use and benefits of CO2 in the aquarium.
CO2 enrichment can often be a confusing and technical part of keeping a lush planted aquarium for the budding aquatic gardener. During this month’s feature presentation, Rovik explains all the ins and outs of using CO2 in the aquarium including: the benefit of CO2 enrichment, the Different setups/hardware available and touching on the technical side to ensure you are getting the most from your system.
This month's topics are CO2 Enrichment & Bagging Fish.
We will be delivering a few small talks this month at PCS meeting. The format of the meeting has changed a little so we can fit more in each month and keep people interested.
Learn about CO2 Enrichment with this great talk from CO2 addict Rovik. He will show you the bubbling world of using CO2 in your aquarium. There are loads of facinating facts and information for you to use at home.
We will also have a small talk and show on Bagging Fish. Want to bag your fish up like a shop pro? Aquotix experts will show you how to bag your fish properly for transit. Great for the upcoming auction night. There will then be a quick competition for a few people to try what they have learned and win a prize from our sponsors.
- We will have another Fish of the Month. This month's FoTM is Neolamprologus multifasciatus. We will have two bags of N. Multifaciatus trio to discuss and auction off, with proceeds to Stuart grant Fund for Cichlid Preservation. Learn about the fish and then take some home.
- Last month we started our regular short talk on fish husbandry and breeding standards with a target species. What to look for when breeding or buying cichlids and what to get rid of to preserve high cichlid standards in Perth. This month Brett's talk will be insane deformities in Central American cichlids.
- There will be an update on the clubs progress with Stuart Grant Fund for Cichlid Preservation. Your donations and involvement is helping this great cause preserve the fish in our hobby and the wonderful rift lakes. Mattia has returned directly from Lake Malawi with Ad Konings.
- June 2016 Photo Comp winners will be announced and prizes handed out for our lucky winners from our PCS sponsors - New Life Spectrum & Pet Magic.
- Grab some raffle tickets for our Sponsor prize table full of awesome aquarium hobby items. Loads of prizes to win!! Don't forget 20% of raffle goes towards the Cichlid Preservation Fund.
- Why not enter our July PCS Showtable competition. Bring a cichlid or catfish down to the meeting and you could win cash vouchers to spend at our local sponsor stores from Pet Magic. **Small tanks are available at the venue if you PM organiser 'Rovik' on our forums at least a day before you come down. Feel free to bring you own tank and air, but no other items are permitted in tank for judging. EVERY ENTRY WINS A VOUCHER!
- The PCS Library will be open where you can borrow books, magazines and DVDs of all kinds of cichlid topics.
- In the PCS Kitchen we will spice it up a little with curry and rice bowls. Two different curries to choose from, one mild and one with a little more heat. Come grab a serve! $4 a bowl or $5 with a drink. Don't forget 20% of kitchen purchases goes towards the Cichlid Preservation Fund.
Don't miss out!
Come on down to the South Perth PCS Meeting and enjoy a great night of CO2 tips and tricks and learn to bag fish to make your life easier. Learn some fantastic new facts about N. Multifaciatus and insane deformities in Central American cichlids.
In addition to which we also have:
- PCS tasty Food! Coffee and cool drinks also available through out the night.
- The PCS library, with hundreds of books, DVD's and magazines available for loan to members.
- Some cool PCS merchandise items up for sale! Grab a stubbie holder or pen to support your club.
All are welcome. Hope to see you there Tuesday, July 5th.
Doors open at 7:30pm and Meeting starts 8:00pm at the Rotary Hall, Sandgate St, South Perth