PCS & Stuart M. Grant - Cichlid Preservation Fund - Details here

Stolen Stings Rays Last Night

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Fish-lips_*

Guest_Fish-lips_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:05 AM

Hey guys most of you know Robert joe joe last night while sleeping someone broke in and stole 7 moto stingrays
This is disscusting Robert is very sick at the moment also some that knows him did it he will offer a $500 reward for the return of the 9 fish
Stolen..shame on you

Edited by Fish-lips, 29 April 2012 - 09:32 AM.

#2 Robbotheyobbo

Robbotheyobbo
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:08 AM

that is soooo wrong, i really hope these slimy pricks get caught

Edited by Robbotheyobbo, 29 April 2012 - 09:37 AM.

#3 spite333

spite333
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:14 AM

that is weak as piss come on stealing fish, get a life and you going to get what is coming to you mate..... i hope the person/s involved in this readys this coz there is going to be alot of hate mail going around about you, and you will get caught i just hope its by the cops and not by fish nerds

#4 Bowdy

Bowdy
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:17 AM

That's a bit low. They must have been bloody quiet. If it does happen to be someone he knows then it will come out in the end.

#5 Guest_Fish-lips_*

Guest_Fish-lips_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

Lucky the catties where hiding,thanks guys for the support,very sad someone would steal fish.

Bowdy someone knew they were there your right

#6 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:39 AM

That's terrible. This is why I don't like people coming to my house.

#7 spendy

spendy
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:43 AM

thats soooo messed up.. that some people have resorted to stealing fish..
just speculation but id have to say it must be someone that robert knows as it sounds like they went for the more expensive stuff..i mean robert goes through quite a bit of fish but to know exactly when they are there and target them because of the high price is just too much coincidence for a random brake in..
hope they get caught..
Renato

#8 Fish Antics

Fish Antics

Treasurer / Life Member

• Admin

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

That is discusting, Robert has alway been a gentleman and a good man. I hope they get caught and they throw away the key. If anyone hears of anything I hope they report it.

Tony

#9 Conda

Conda
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

very disgusting...also guy in gosnells got over 100 of his albino dimi comp fry knocked off whilst he was off on holiday

#10 danotaylor

danotaylor
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

condolences Robert...
that is disgusting...to be re-payed for your kindness & generosity with theft is out-rageous...I also hope the perpetrator is caught and dealt with by the full measure of the law.
Cheers for bringing it out into the light Dave.
I want to encourage anybody who hears anything of this to come forward. Robert has dealt with generosity and integrity with many of us. This is just not right. Lets all help catch this person. There's only so much you can do with 9 motorays.
blessings dear friend,
Danny

Edited by danotaylor, 29 April 2012 - 10:15 AM.

#11 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

Sorry to hear that Robert our thoughts are with you mate, hope you are feeling well soon..

Thats the biggest DOG ACT ive ever heard of!! Someone is bound to know something.... You can't keep the fact you have 9 rays quiet.... I'll be watching most of the other forums, gum tree etc to see if anything pops up.

If you know anything please contact the police. Or feel free to email me and I can... . Just because it's fish that were stolen doesn't mean that it's not a break and enter!!

Cheers
Rigs

#12 Guest_Fish-lips_*

Guest_Fish-lips_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

It was 7 Rays stolen all together,Robert has informed the police and they are hopping they will do finger printing as it is all glass
Thanks again guys

#13 Fox

Fox
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

What a low life act!
Just goes to show you can't trust anyone.
Grab some cameras for around the house Robert, they seem to be a great deterrent for my place.

Where did you advertise them?
Would be a great place to start.

#14 YIN93

YIN93
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

This is a very very low life and shameful act. I hope these losers get caught and get punish by the full force of the law! Perth has a small fish community and it's just a matter of time before they get caught!

All the best to you Robert. I hope the police catch them soon.

Regards

John

#15 tastyfish1980

tastyfish1980
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

I have just received a call from (our) friend Robert. Needless to say he is very shocked and down about this theft. I have suggested he report it to his home insurance company for any claim he may be able to make. This was NOT a random act, but someone, possibly in company stole these. I would suggest more than 1 person to be able to climb over a fence with all this weight. Robert does not (usually) advertise much of anything, but is mostly word of mouth and there are not many who new of him having recently getting these 7 rays. Their was 2 gentlemen who made a visit to his place yesterday to view and buy, but left without buying. One of those 2 is a PCS member, so perhaps he and his friend know of something? Robert is one of the most trusting of persons i`ve ever met. Unfortunately he can be taken for a ride occasionally with his (VERY) trusting attitude towards people. When he told me of the 2 people that came to view these rays, he would not even entertain the thought that either of them would be involved, as he considered them both to be of good character and i`m not suggesting otherwise. The member he knows of well, but has not met the friend of his before. I should say at this point that everyone should be treated as innocent until proof says otherwise. I really hope for Robert, and all keepers of expensive animals, that occasionally they get their just deserts. It`s the old chestnut.........what does a crook look like? Robert is not of good health and this will take a toll on him. I keep in touch with Robert often, so hopefully this doesn`t knock him around for too long. I know he will appreciate the kind thoughts of fellow fish keepers. Murray. sad.gif

#16 Guest_Fish-lips_*

Guest_Fish-lips_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

He didn't advertise them received Thursday just gone

#17 Evil_Boof

Evil_Boof
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

hearing this is absolutely horrible, i dont know robert, but im sure he`s not in good spirit today.. so sorry to hear...

im not a moto stingray keeper, i know nothing about it.but i guess the demand for these animals are high...maybe we should start to put up WTB posts around the place for moto rays and maybe we might get a bite!

long shot..but anything worth a try to help him out

#18 Anka

Anka
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

sad.gif

#19 Tarpon

Tarpon
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

For those who don't know Robert he is one of the nicest and most honourable people in the fish game, he can't do enough to help people. He has personally helped me so much , ordering fish in, picking up fish from other forum members homes and dropping them off to me as I don't have the time.
Whoever did this, and it could only be a handful of people, you have caused great hurt to a vulnerable and very decent man.
I have just spoken to him and offered cash to cover his losses but such is his character that he refuses to take money. Hang in there Robert, I'm sure it won't be long before the perpetrator is caught

#20 Kleinz

Kleinz
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

That is bizarre and unconscionable. I guess the rain last night would have provided some cover. What suburb was this in?

We can scour the web for sales and question the provenance of any motos for the next year, or maybe the thief will keep them. I would think it would be very tricky unloading something as rare as this in a small market.

Don't expect big things from the police. They are pretty lazy and it's just another B&E to them. Insurance should cover it but I've heard they can be difficult if the place was unlocked.

I don't know Robert, but my sympathies go out to him. A bloke is entitled to feel secure in his own home.

I hope whoever did this ends up in cell block C, "married" to the guy with the most cigarettes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users