Posted Image

PCS & Stuart M. Grant - Cichlid Preservation Fund - Details here

bradfitzy's Content

There have been 84 items by bradfitzy (Search limited from 02-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#240487 What Spawned In Your Tank Today???

Posted by bradfitzy on 30 January 2012 - 07:18 PM in Cichlid Discussion

Hypsophrys nicaraguensis smile.gif

#240494 What Spawned In Your Tank Today???

Posted by bradfitzy on 30 January 2012 - 08:04 PM in Cichlid Discussion

Thanks Ray biggrin.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif

#244451 What Spawned In Your Tank Today???

Posted by bradfitzy on 12 March 2012 - 10:56 PM in Cichlid Discussion

This is the 2nd spawn.
The parents were great for the 1st spawn ...didnt eat any eggs and were very protective of the fry.......until the parents decided they wanted to spawn again....only after 3 weeks from the 1st spawn ...then they went on a feeding frenzy of the 1st batch of fry.
This batch siphoned up just as the eggs hatched and put them in a fry saver...so hopefully they will do well.
The parents are in there own tank and seem to want to spawn pretty regular.

Will get some pics of the fry in the saver up in the next few days.

Brad

#246392 What Spawned In Your Tank Today???

Posted by bradfitzy on 03 April 2012 - 05:19 PM in Cichlid Discussion

Tropheus Chipimbi with a mouthful.

#246743 What Spawned In Your Tank Today???

Posted by bradfitzy on 06 April 2012 - 05:23 PM in Cichlid Discussion

nice job Mattt.

Good to see someone got them to bred.... good luck with the fry.

#246864 What Spawned In Your Tank Today???

Posted by bradfitzy on 08 April 2012 - 04:21 PM in Cichlid Discussion

Nar Ray ... keep telling to move but it just sits there?
Synos are prob 3 - 4 years old and 12-15 cm at a guess?

#246851 What Spawned In Your Tank Today???

Posted by bradfitzy on 08 April 2012 - 01:15 PM in Cichlid Discussion

Placidochromis electra ..... could be holding some syno multies as well.
Cyphotilapia frontosa " burundi"
Tropheus chipimbi still holding ...fingers crossed.

#244401 What Spawned In Your Tank Today???

Posted by bradfitzy on 12 March 2012 - 05:58 PM in Cichlid Discussion

Hypsophrys nicaraguensis
Caudos

#246354 Posting W/c Or F1 Fish.

Posted by bradfitzy on 03 April 2012 - 12:25 PM in Classifieds

All we are allowing is for people to ask a question on w/c or f1 when they are posted for sale.
As for over east breeders being offended...a. It is compulsory for w/c fish for sale to state who the importer is on tropheus fanatics and .b. who cares if there insulted.... This is a wa forum with wa members... And it's there opinions that the cm find important not the feelings of the east coast

Brad

#245804 Posting W/c Or F1 Fish.

Posted by bradfitzy on 28 March 2012 - 05:43 PM in Classifieds

Hi all

Just quick notice about posting wild caught and / or F1 fish.
In the past questions asking for proof of linage on f1 and w/c fish have caused some arguments and made it difficult to moderate.
The cm has decided that it is only fair if you post up w/c or F1 fish for sale then people should have the right to ask for proof of this. A question asking for proof should be something along the lines of :::: Can you pls tell me when and where you got the w/c from?
This is not an invitation to start arguments and any abusive comments and the like will be deleted.

For those wishing to sell there fish as w/c or F1 then it would be a good idea to post some form of proof of this in the ad ... a simple 1 line comment under the add would be as follows:

Fish were purchased in Aug 2010 in a shipment from xxxxxx.

If you advertise fish as w/c or F1 and the question is asked pls edit the op with your answer. Adding this info as a new post instead of editing your op will be considered a bump and you may find your thread removed under the 4 day bump rule.

Any questions feel free to ask in this thread.

Cheers Brad

#238763 Replicating Lake Tanganyika

Posted by bradfitzy on 17 January 2012 - 10:37 AM in Ponds, Outdoor Fish & Aquaponics

Since it was greeny I would say to many bourbons is what happend

#238375 Censors

Posted by bradfitzy on 14 January 2012 - 05:12 PM in Off The Wall

Go on find 1 single member of the forum that has met me and thinks i set a bad example for this club.
Why dont you try a diff card other than the "your a cm you should know better".... thats getting pretty old.

#238373 Censors

Posted by bradfitzy on 14 January 2012 - 05:10 PM in Off The Wall

you guys are a joke and i hope you do take it personally... because it is direct to the pair of you only.

Fine if you think im attacking you then start a poll and vote on a warning for me go right ahead.
I can tell you from the phone calls and pms ive received im not alone in having had enbough of your constant crap.

#238152 Censors

Posted by bradfitzy on 13 January 2012 - 05:26 PM in Off The Wall

Each sponsor request is treated the same and the pros and cons are discussed and a vote is taken.
As for supproting local bussiness that is pretty rich comming from you ....... didnt 90% of your fish come from the east?
Considering only 1 of our premium sponsors is from the east that whole statement is just stupid?

#238154 Censors

Posted by bradfitzy on 13 January 2012 - 05:30 PM in Off The Wall

Follow the rules and you will be fine break them and you will get a warning....... much the same as speeding if you speed you will get introuble....... dont speed and you wont.

#238064 Censors

Posted by bradfitzy on 13 January 2012 - 07:59 AM in Off The Wall

Az this topic is nothing to do with Kev or Malaga it is titled censors?
I'm assuming that you have all spoken to Kev about his thoughts on the matter?
Obviously not considering the comments put up here.

#238024 Censors

Posted by bradfitzy on 12 January 2012 - 11:31 PM in Off The Wall

Im not saying all the stores are like this but maybe before they become a place becomes a sponsor we see if they are able to fulfill a type of checklist maybe.

This is exactly what happens , all the pros and cons are banted back and forth at cm and at the end a vote is taken???? what more would you like to happen ...... if any club member would like a to draw up a sponsors critea list or what they think are important points a store must have to gain sponsership then pls do as the cm dont claim to know everything and can only make decisions based on what we think are in the clubs best interest.

I understand that stores may sell hybrids from time to time. I have seen VERY few hybrids sold from 'old school' LFS sponsors. I just find it VERY strange that the PCS will fight with white hot passion to even stop the discussion/sale of hybrids on the forum, then take on a sponsor who promotes the sale of hybrids to the point where there is a large banner for a flowerhorn website on their own. Even more so that the Flowerhorn site promoted belongs to someone who did their best to enable the discussion of flowerhorns on this site. Someone who was shot down in flames.

Alex i will say it again..... we cant tell stores what to advertise/ sell in there shops we can only control what they post up here.

Even more so that the Flowerhorn site promoted belongs to someone who did their best to enable the discussion of flowerhorns on this site. Someone who was shot down in flames.

He was never told he couldnt disscuss flowerhorns or hybrids ....was just not allowed to promote them.
Unfortunately he couldnt grasp this and decided to start his own forum.

#238000 Censors

Posted by bradfitzy on 12 January 2012 - 10:59 PM in Off The Wall

Plus what is to stop any other stores that sell garden supplies, plants, pool chemicals and so forth from approaching in becoming a sponsor i thought the club would try to stick to fish only stores as this is what that store specializes in.

You mean like the many good years of sposership we had with midland..... a pet store not a dedicated aquarium shop?
The cm is what is to stop any store becoming a sponser and the process of debate and discussion and a vote.

#238158 Censors

Posted by bradfitzy on 13 January 2012 - 05:35 PM in Off The Wall

Im sure you would like to become a premium sponsor and i encourage you to re apply if you think you have been unfairly delt with.
But remember that if you act like a clown and ignore the rules of the forum/club it proberbally isnt going to help you.
Im not saying you are a clown .... just using the term to get my point across.

#238162 Censors

Posted by bradfitzy on 13 January 2012 - 05:48 PM in Off The Wall

There not stand over tactics mate ........ with out rules there is anarchy.
I didnt make the rules i just help try keep it fair and friendly...... if you dont like the rules then perhaps you could come up with some better ones that you think are fair......... might be better than sooking about the existing ones.

Az

If you feel that I am one of the ppl that start shit on here all the time, Please send my BAP tags & plaque out that I'm still waiting for, And cancel my membership.

Bit out of line mate .... i recognised the prob with the tags and pmed you about it....went out of my way to get them done in a nice manner and now you throw it in our face..........very poor.
As for you " better " plaque contact Col as he made these for certian people and chared them accordingly we have only ever supplyed the mdf ones.

#238371 Censors

Posted by bradfitzy on 14 January 2012 - 05:05 PM in Off The Wall

Who do you think you are telling me to pull my head in??
Take a look in the mirror mate .
I mat be a cm but im also a member mate ......shouldnt i be allowed to have a say?

#238365 Censors

Posted by bradfitzy on 14 January 2012 - 04:31 PM in Off The Wall

QUOTE (Mausberg @ Jan 14 2012, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
as i'm sure someone may have mentioned (although i'm not going to read all 8 pages to find out) "society", "club" or "group" etc gives the Impression that as a paying "member" will get a say in these things such as sponsors as well as whom becomes committee members,

....., in saying that, we dont get a say!.

it is very purple circle here.

(someone now says) "come to a meeting to have your say"

...the answer to that is no, i avoid meetings because of the purple circle and ostrisization of non african cichlid keepers and i just dont have the time...however you DO have a forum and maybe should put things to a vote in future?

p.s i did read that you send out pm's before deleting posts?? geez i never got one , nor did i get one when i was banned for 2 weeks

Are you for real???
How exactly do you think the cm is elected......?
Club members do have a say or there imput is welcomed on any subject..... what would you have us do what is it you are not getting a say on?
The reason you were banned is because of your continual breach of the t+c.
You were sent warnings and there has been alot of corraspondance with you.
This is what the cm is feed up with ..... uninformed attacks that are just pure bs.
Where and what is this purple circle you speak of??
We have advertised so many times for more cm members ....we asked yet again at the agm.... we even encouraged people that could not attend the agm to submit there applications in writing so what is it that we are not giving the members a say in or a chance to have there say in?
Members asked for transparency.... what are we not transparent about what is it would would like to know?....all mins from cm are up on the forum .... what are we to do ???
I have never asked for any thing from this club but have offerd my time and any services i can provide to make the club as good as i can..... im yet to have a crack at anyone on the forum but the way you have a go at the cm without ever meeting some of us is just a joke.
Sorry but it is people like you that really cause the problems on this forum ... perhaps if we are so bad you should try your luck on another forum.
As for non affrican cichlid keeps ... what a load..... We have ties and a sub forum with angfa... we have a marine forum ...we have a catfish and loach forum.... we have a planted tank forum ..... we have a tank buster forum..........We DO NOT have a African cichlid sub forum.
So what exactly are you on about when you say " ostrisization of non african cichlid keepers "???
Perhaphs you should try educate your self with facts before you try attack the cm .

#238172 Censors

Posted by bradfitzy on 13 January 2012 - 06:16 PM in Off The Wall

Well im quite sure that cm is mistaken..... if you are the owner of a sponsors store then you are not allowed to be on the cm, as you are not a sponsor then that does not aply to you.
Krystal worked at aquotix and was on the cm.... Az worked at midland and was on the cm ?

#238169 Censors

Posted by bradfitzy on 13 January 2012 - 06:05 PM in Off The Wall

Dave before this post i had never comunicated with you in any form what so ever.
If you feel that you are being delt with unfairly then try contact other members of the cm and talk to them about it.
We are all diff on the cm with all diff personalitys and opinions and diff ideas if you feel you cant talk to 1 member then try talking to another?

Can you pls tell me how your bussiness conflicts with becoming a cm member?

#237997 Censors

Posted by bradfitzy on 12 January 2012 - 10:53 PM in Off The Wall

This has zero to do with sponsor ship $.
##### approched us and were in talks about sponsorship before malaga aquariums closed down.
Dont use location and donations as the base of your arguement as it is a load of crap.
I personally agree that in the perfect world all fish store employees would know everything about fish but face facts that that is just not a reality at any store.
Alex maybe you should have a look at what your saying mate... how many stores can you name that dont sell hybrids.... even though it has been coved a thousand times before i will say it again we can only control our club and this forum if the members would like the pcs to remove all sponsors that have a hybrid fish in them then there would be no sponsors.

Sponsorship applications are disscussed at length and quite often takes months to get to a stage where all the pros and cons have been discussed and a vote is held ... of course majority rules with the voting.

We cant please everyone in the club and the majority of things we vote on are a split decission between the cm.... if any member has concerns about any topics todo with the club or the forum then we are very open to hearing them....... if you decide to voice your concerns and breach the t+c then mods will deal with it accordingly. It is really very simple follow the rules and have no problems break the rules and your post will be deleted.