Posted Image

PCS & Stuart M. Grant - Cichlid Preservation Fund - Details here

*Michael*'s Content

There have been 111 items by *Michael* (Search limited from 05-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#244631 Polypteridae

Posted by *Michael* on 14 March 2012 - 08:39 PM in Tank Busters, Exotics, Large Predators and Oddballs

Yeh no worries zach I'm jus out to see what's out there atm won't be wanting one for a month or two but it could take that long to source lol

#244643 Polypteridae

Posted by *Michael* on 14 March 2012 - 09:37 PM in Tank Busters, Exotics, Large Predators and Oddballs

Also I know they need good hiding places iv got some big bits of drift wood and alot of limestone is this appropriate ? And because they like it more darker than usual what sort of lighting I was thinking about getting some underwater led lights to place under my driftwood and limestone will it annoy the heck out of them ?

#244683 Pretty Funny

Posted by *Michael* on 15 March 2012 - 03:33 PM in Off The Wall

#244695 Polypteridae

Posted by *Michael* on 15 March 2012 - 05:52 PM in Tank Busters, Exotics, Large Predators and Oddballs

ah k kool il handball the limestone over to the missus she can put it in her tanks, has anyone tried or have the underwater led lights would like to know how they are and if ppl are pleased with the look

#244701 Polypteridae

Posted by *Michael* on 15 March 2012 - 06:54 PM in Tank Busters, Exotics, Large Predators and Oddballs

Nice looking birchirs spilo where did you get the albino birchirs from ? And how much did they set you back ?

#244706 Pretty Funny

Posted by *Michael* on 15 March 2012 - 07:42 PM in Off The Wall

I was thinking about using that excuse tomoro lol

#244954 Underwater Led

Posted by *Michael* on 19 March 2012 - 04:09 PM in Technical & Equipment

Hi guys just wanting to see if anyone has used the underwater LED lights in there aquarium any thoughts or advice is much appreciated

thanks
mike

#244974 Really Good News !!

Posted by *Michael* on 19 March 2012 - 07:42 PM in Off The Wall

A friends mum was deliberately run down by a car last year and I've just seen on the news they jailed the driver for three years that most definatly puts a smile on my face , it still looks like she will never walk again , three years isn't enough for the hurt he caused to the family and friends it's not road rage it's attempted manslaughter it's just not right !

#244982 Really Good News !!

Posted by *Michael* on 19 March 2012 - 08:06 PM in Off The Wall

It's a really long story but il tune it down there was a little gathering few boys playin pool friends sister had a friend cone over was told only a couple n brought couple car loads the guy on the news was speeding down the street only to find dead end and she was standing on the lawn to tell him to slow down and delibrately ran her down , so yeh don't know what the charges are just know he in jail for 3 years Sooo yeh was really hoping it was goin to be longer

Just thought and needed a little rant lol

#245026 Really Good News !!

Posted by *Michael* on 20 March 2012 - 11:06 AM in Off The Wall

Yeh your so right but hitting her at 80k's and throwing her 10 meters is jus more than outa the world I hope the boys in there pound him up wicked inside and out lol

#245032 Really Good News !!

Posted by *Michael* on 20 March 2012 - 12:46 PM in Off The Wall

Yeh he didn't even get a suspension or cancelation on his license he will be out of jail and have it bak so no point

Con that 2 cents was 2 bucks your exactly right in what you say

#245066 Polypteridae

Posted by *Michael* on 20 March 2012 - 07:02 PM in Tank Busters, Exotics, Large Predators and Oddballs

ha ha ha oh the whole wife thing lol

yeh im soo keen on the albino bichir looks so awsome

#247841 Mans Best Friend :)

Posted by *Michael* on 18 April 2012 - 06:08 PM in Off The Wall

This is my special little girl her name is Khaleesi
Me and my girlfriend birthed all 12 pups she caught our eye
so we took her home and she gets spoiled way to much

this is her asleep on her favourite rug

#252319 New Shrimp Tank

Posted by *Michael* on 26 May 2012 - 11:44 PM in Community and Planted Tank Discussion

Just wanted to say a quick thanks to chris at aquotix for the help today

spent a little over 3 hours attaching these plants to my driftwood

20120526_220440pcs.jpg

#252337 New Shrimp Tank

Posted by *Michael* on 27 May 2012 - 09:51 AM in Community and Planted Tank Discussion

Thanks matty

it needs heaps more shrimp but im keen on i different type not jus cherry shrimp lol

#252406 What Kids Really Think Of Dubstep!

Posted by *Michael* on 27 May 2012 - 10:11 PM in Off The Wall

QUOTE (Riggermortis @ May 23 2012, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey all
It's no secret I'm a fan of a bit of Dubstep, but, my 5yr old nephew also loves listening to Skrillex and Knife Party while we're cruising in the van! Here's what some other kids think of Skrillex, this is pure gold!!

love when the kid says i think drop is when you drop the insensable omg only if he knew lol

#252530 Wtb Flame Or Java Moss

Posted by *Michael* on 28 May 2012 - 08:37 PM in Classifieds

hay guys just after some flame or java moss to add to my new shrimp tank
and if you have any unwanted plants that you are willing to sell let me know

price : you name it

#252546 Wtb Flame Or Java Moss

Posted by *Michael* on 28 May 2012 - 09:30 PM in Classifieds

thanks anka

i have bought i few plants from lfs but as my closest lfs just shut down its a bit hard to find different stocked varieties
will look at seaview for the java moss does any one have flame moss

#252551 Wtb Flame Or Java Moss

Posted by *Michael* on 28 May 2012 - 09:40 PM in Classifieds

yeh i spoke to chris about plants the other day but just also seeing whats out there
the flame moss is going to be a back wall cover but the peacock looks pretty close too

#252600 Substrate

Posted by *Michael* on 29 May 2012 - 09:48 AM in Community and Planted Tank Discussion

Just wondering if crushed limestone is ok to use for a planted tank and for shrimp
P.s. Useful info only lol

#252602 Substrate

Posted by *Michael* on 29 May 2012 - 09:57 AM in Community and Planted Tank Discussion

Ah k I was thinking that I may have to do a substrate change lucky it's not full planted yet thought I might get away with it but probably not now .
Anka what do you think I should use that's not gonna hurt the wallet

#252612 Substrate

Posted by *Michael* on 29 May 2012 - 10:39 AM in Community and Planted Tank Discussion

Yeh I have white sand in my Oscar tank with electric yellows and it makes there colours stand out really well ,
But I really didn't put any thought into my new planted tank lol first one I have done I think I'm gonna change the substrate now lol

#252615 Substrate

Posted by *Michael* on 29 May 2012 - 10:55 AM in Community and Planted Tank Discussion

My Oscar loves it he digs a hole and my little yellows wait till he isn't looking and quickly start filling it back up
Looks like I'm gettin more white sand then lol

#252617 Substrate

Posted by *Michael* on 29 May 2012 - 11:20 AM in Community and Planted Tank Discussion

Hahaha my Oscar thinks he is a community fish he has made friends with the little electric yellows and swims with them

#252624 Substrate

Posted by *Michael* on 29 May 2012 - 12:13 PM in Community and Planted Tank Discussion

Wow that's amazing , I have a royal whiptail and they both are inseparable I put my royal in my other tank and he got the shits on bad was hell grumpy wouldn't eat so I had to put the royal back in , but what you have is just amazing you have to film it next time