Posted Image

PCS & Stuart M. Grant - Cichlid Preservation Fund - Details here

Anka's Content

There have been 98 items by Anka (Search limited from 18-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#327686 Fs: Display Aquarium And Various Equipment

Posted by Anka on 20 September 2014 - 03:35 PM in Classifieds

Hi all,

I put this up for sale a few months ago and got a few bites. I admittedly did not get around to responding to emails due to personal issues (death in the family, birth in the family, moving house, work etc) and I apologise for that.

I have dropped prices significantly because I need a quick sale.

Regards,

Anka

---

Aquarium. Features:

• $400
  • 4x1.5x2 Display Tank (includes all lids).
  • Approx. 2 years old. Condition is good: Minor scratches and blemishes.
  • Pine cabinet and hood.
  • 3ft T5 lights (approx. 8 months old). 3 tubes. These have been screwed in and are attached to the hood. Can be easily removed.
  • A Universal Rock 3D background is attached with silicon. This can be removed (if desired) with a bit of work.
  • Comes with a few Universal Rock fake rocks which match the background.
  • The tank is drilled and fitted with $300 worth of Hanson plumbing gear. The plumbing allows for all equipment (currently set up for 2x canister filters, chiller/heater, UV and CO2 dosing) to be put in line inside cabinet. Water changes are simple and are done via connecting a hose to the plumbing inside the cabinet and turning a few ball valves to bypass the filters. (Plumbing diagram will be attached soon).
  • Photos coming.

Teco 5HP Chiller & Heater:

• $200
  • Approx. 15 months old.

2x 2215 Eheim Canister Filters:

• $80 each. $130 for both.
  • One is approx. 2 years and the other is 18 months old.
  • Good condition.
  • Comes with filter media (sponges, seachem matrix and noodles).
  • I have a few spare unused pads that I will throw in.

11w AquaPond UV Steriliser:

• $20
  • Approx. 12 months old.
  • Inline.

CO2 Dosing System:

• $100
  • Second hand not sure how old.
  • Includes 2kg bottle, atomiser, solenoid, pH probe, pH controller, calibration fluids, tubing and drop indicator.
  • Bottle is empty but can be easily refilled.
  • Combination of Tunze and Dupla brands.

3 Channel Peristaltic Fertiliser Doser:

Water Change Hose:

• $10
  • Approx. 12 months old.
  • 15m.
  • Rated drinking water safe.
  • On a hose wheel.
  • Works with the plumbing in the aquarium cabinet (see above).
  • Photos coming.

4ft T5 Light:

• $100
  • Approx. 22 months old.
  • 4 tubes.
  • Photos coming.

Hanna Multiparametre Photometre + Reagents

• $200
  • See this link for info: http://www.hannainst...more/i:HI 83203
  • I bought this device a couple months ago as I'm colourblind and cannot distinguish the colours from the chemical tests.
  • I've got reagents for the following tests:

8]- Ammonia

8]- Nitrate

8]- Nitrite

8]- Phosphate

8]- Iron

8]- Dissolved Oxygen

• I've used some of the reagents but I estimate that 90% is still remaining. Expiry dates vary but are all roughly 2016-2017.
  • The Iron test is done using a separate Hanna Checker which I will include with the photometre.
  • It's a super cool and hi tech piece of equipment that gives readings within ~3% accuracy.
  • Comes with two vials, instruction manual, and microfibre cloth for cleaning.
  • I paid ~$1,500 for the device and reagents. I'll be happy to do a demo if you come and have a look at it.

Will consider price reduction with the purchase of multiple items. Would prefer to sell the equipment (i.e. filters, chiller/heater, UV, UPS, CO2) together with the aquarium as the set up incorporates all the equipment inline and it operates smoothly. Have other bits and pieces (food, chems, books etc) that I can sell or give away if you come look at the goods.

These are at my previous home so I will need to drive there for you to pick the goods up. Therefore, please be certain that you will be purchasing it when we organise to meet.

PM me for enquiries or further details.

See the pictures and video in my signature for an idea of what it looks like.

Great products

Just seeing if you got my pm ANKA?
Was a couple of days ago that's all

Graeme

I'm in same boat hey nothing

Anyone had any luck getting in touch with Anka?

I got a pm last week saying someone had shown interest before me, nothing since.
Maybe he sold it all ?

#312133 Fs: Display Aquarium And Various Equipment

Posted by Anka on 30 March 2014 - 08:45 PM in Classifieds

Aquarium. Features:

• $800
  • 4x1.5x2 Display Tank (includes all lids).
  • Approx. 2 years old. Condition is good: Minor scratches and blemishes.
  • Pine cabinet and hood.
  • 3ft T5 lights (approx. 8 months old). 3 tubes. These have been screwed in and are attached to the hood. Can be easily removed.
  • A Universal Rock 3D background is attached with silicon. This can be removed (if desired) with a bit of work.
  • Comes with a few Universal Rock fake rocks which match the background.
  • The tank is drilled and fitted with $300 worth of Hanson plumbing gear. The plumbing allows for all equipment (currently set up for 2x canister filters, chiller/heater, UV and CO2 dosing) to be put in line inside cabinet. Water changes are simple and are done via connecting a hose to the plumbing inside the cabinet and turning a few ball valves to bypass the filters. (Plumbing diagram will be attached soon).
  • Photos coming.

Teco 5HP Chiller & Heater:

• $300
  • Approx. 12 months old.
  • Heats and chills.
  • Digital thermostat to set the temperature and the tolerance (e.g. 2 degrees).
  • The temperature will stay within the tolerance level. E.g. if you set it at 27 degrees and with a 2 degree tolerance it will start heating at 25 degrees and start chilling at 29 degrees. Saves electricity.
  • http://www.aquariumproducts.com.au/catalogue_products.php?prodID=4741&catID=26

2x 2215 Eheim Canister Filters:

• $80 each. $130 for both.
  • One is approx. 2 years and the other is 18 months old.
  • Good condition.
  • Comes with filter media (sponges, seachem matrix and noodles).
  • I have a few spare unused pads that I will throw in.

11w AquaPond UV Steriliser:

• $40
  • Approx. 12 months old.
  • Inline.

CO2 Dosing System:

• $200
  • Second hand – not sure how old.
  • Includes 2kg bottle, atomiser, solenoid, pH probe, pH controller, calibration fluids, tubing and drop indicator.
  • Bottle is empty but can be easily refilled.
  • Combination of Tunze and Dupla brands.

3 Channel Peristaltic Fertiliser Doser:

Water Change Hose:

• $20
  • Approx. 12 months old.
  • 15m.
  • Rated drinking water safe.
  • On a hose wheel.
  • Works with the plumbing in the aquarium cabinet (see above).
  • Photos coming.

4ft T5 Light:

• $100
  • Approx. 18 months old.
  • 4 tubes.
  • Photos coming.

Hanna Multiparametre Photometre + Reagents

• $400
  • See this link for info: http://www.hannainst...more/i:HI 83203
  • I bought this device a couple months ago as I'm colourblind and cannot distinguish the colours from the chemical tests.
  • I've got reagents for the following tests:

- Ammonia

- Nitrate

- Nitrite

- Phosphate

- Iron

- Dissolved Oxygen

• I've used some of the reagents but I estimate that 90% is still remaining. Expiry dates vary but are all roughly 2016-2017.
  • The Iron test is done using a separate Hanna Checker which I will include with the photometre.
  • It's a super cool and hi tech piece of equipment that gives readings within ~3% accuracy.
  • Comes with two vials, instruction manual, and microfibre cloth for cleaning.
  • I paid ~$1,500 for the device and reagents. I'll be happy to do a demo if you come and have a look at it.

Vortech Propeller Pump MP10WES (Wavemaker):

Will consider price reduction with the purchase of multiple items. Would prefer to sell the equipment (i.e. filters, chiller/heater, UV, UPS, CO2) together with the aquarium as the set up incorporates all the equipment inline and it operates smoothly. Have other bits and pieces (food, chems, books etc) that I can sell or give away if you come look at the goods.

Take the lot for $1,800 or $1,500 if you help me take out the gravel and empty the tank. You can have any gravel or plants that are currently in the tank for free.

PM me for enquiries or further details.

See the pictures and video in my signature for an idea of what it looks like.

#310493 Macrobrachium Bullatum "northwest Australian River Prawn"

Posted by Anka on 10 March 2014 - 07:30 AM in Community and Planted Tank Discussion

You won't find them in the stores.

Easiest to get them from aquagreen.com.au. They are pretty cheap.

#309705 Hi All

Posted by Anka on 03 March 2014 - 09:58 AM in Introduce Yourself !

Welcome Megan :)

The usual custom is to whack up some pictures of your tanks and fish :)

#309046 Fisheries Still Hate Shrimp

Posted by Anka on 22 February 2014 - 10:48 PM in Community and Planted Tank Discussion

Stupid people don't usually end up on top.

He broke the law and knew the consequences. It is time to pay the penalty.

#308929 Rainbows - Where To Buy And Any Breeders In Perth?

Posted by Anka on 21 February 2014 - 01:47 PM in Community and Planted Tank Discussion

Aquotix, Seaview, Vebas and Pet Magic each usually have a few different species.

I find Aquotix and Pet Magic tend to have the largest Rainbowfish range.

Aqua Green (from the NT) can ship to Perth. I've bought from them before. They stock mostly Australian native rainbows. http://www.aquagreen...au/catalog.html

I prefer the look of rainbows from Papua New Guinea. M. Boesemani, G. Incisus, M. Lacustris and M. Praecox are some stunning rainbows from PNG that are quite abundant in WA.

#308903 River Sand Supply

Posted by Anka on 21 February 2014 - 09:11 AM in Cichlid Discussion

^ +1

#308836 Fisheries Still Hate Shrimp

Posted by Anka on 20 February 2014 - 02:25 PM in Community and Planted Tank Discussion

Anka if an official rep has been spoken to is there any chance of them writing something official down?

We send them an official letter from the PCS requesting clarification on a number of issues, for that very reason, but to my knowledge they are yet to respond. This was sent months ago so I wouldn't hold your breath.

#308829 Fisheries Still Hate Shrimp

Posted by Anka on 20 February 2014 - 01:33 PM in Community and Planted Tank Discussion

Hi Shane,

Your post may cause unnecessary panic.

His importation of a restricted species is most likely the cause for the raid.

There seems to be no nexus between the raid and him simply keeping shrimp. Rovik, who is one of our Committee members, attended an event run by Fisheries and he spoke with an official who told him that Fisheries are no longer targeting shrimp.

Thank you for making the post though - the last thing we should be is dismissive of such alerts/news.

Regards,

Andrew

#308315 Shark Killing, Ridiculous

Posted by Anka on 15 February 2014 - 11:42 PM in Off The Wall

This thread was restored before you made your sequel, you nutter :D

#308279 What's Wrong?

Posted by Anka on 15 February 2014 - 08:45 PM in Off The Wall

That's not a fish tank. That's a jacuzzi.

#307415 Kansas City

Posted by Anka on 06 February 2014 - 09:16 PM in Off The Wall

Too bad you missed the NFL season :(

Go on the kansas city subreddit on reddit.com and ask the people who live there what is good to do or see.

Otherwise, have a look on trip advisor or the lonely planet :)

#306789 An Oddball (Senegal Bichir) Doing An Odd Thing?

Posted by Anka on 31 January 2014 - 09:02 PM in Tank Busters, Exotics, Large Predators and Oddballs

My senegal would leave kribensis fry in the tank. I could almost guarantee he wouldn't eat a guppy.

Def mix it up though. Some frozen prawns, beef heart, whitebait, carni pellets etc will be well received by a very happy bichir.

#306671 An Oddball (Senegal Bichir) Doing An Odd Thing?

Posted by Anka on 30 January 2014 - 10:33 PM in Tank Busters, Exotics, Large Predators and Oddballs

I like to feed them whole (or cut in half). There is a risk of them chocking (but then again, no one cuts up their food for them in the wild) but it's fun to watch them shred it apart. You might even see them death roll!

I used to put it in a plastic cup and defrost it in tank water. Then I would use a toothpick to poke wholes in the whitebait to function the organs to stop it from floating.

You can come pick it up on the weekend if you're keen. I live quite close to you.

#306647 An Oddball (Senegal Bichir) Doing An Odd Thing?

Posted by Anka on 30 January 2014 - 06:44 PM in Tank Busters, Exotics, Large Predators and Oddballs

male senegals tend to be much darker arent they?

Not in my experience. Their colours change with their temperament and environment.

I had a male and a female, and the female was usually darker (but not always) than the male.

Hey Anka if he going crazy up and down the glass does it mean he is hungry? Because I feed him about 3-4 small carnivore pellets and some bloodworm

That's just something that they all seem to do.

You could probably feed him a bit more. Perhaps double the pellets and see if he eats it all. They love whitebait so feed him some every couple days. I have some leftover whitebait in the freezer that you are welcome to come grab for free.

#306551 An Oddball (Senegal Bichir) Doing An Odd Thing?

Posted by Anka on 29 January 2014 - 06:09 PM in Tank Busters, Exotics, Large Predators and Oddballs

I agree with Johnno - definitely a male.

Cute fish.

#306439 An Oddball (Senegal Bichir) Doing An Odd Thing?

Posted by Anka on 28 January 2014 - 09:09 PM in Tank Busters, Exotics, Large Predators and Oddballs

Chuck up a photo of it's anal fin.

If the fish is a decent size (15cm+) we might be able to assist you in knowing the sex.

Otherwise just google "sexing polypterus".

#306331 An Oddball (Senegal Bichir) Doing An Odd Thing?

Posted by Anka on 27 January 2014 - 07:16 PM in Tank Busters, Exotics, Large Predators and Oddballs

That is normal behaviour. Remember, bichirs are opportunistic hunters. In the wild they will stay still and wait for prey to swim passed.

Something that might freak you out is when they swim erratically along the glass... as far as I know that is also pretty normal behaviour.

#305659 Crinum Calamistratum

Posted by Anka on 20 January 2014 - 07:37 PM in Community and Planted Tank Discussion

Aquotix have had it on a number of occasions I believe.

Expect to pay $200 (retail) for a decent sized plant.

#304256 Fukushima Reactor No 3

Posted by Anka on 06 January 2014 - 01:52 PM in Off The Wall

No one here seems too worried

Attached Images

• image.jpg

#304045 Bulkhead Fittings

Posted by Anka on 04 January 2014 - 08:25 PM in Technical & Equipment

I wouldn't bother with tape as there isn't an issue with it leaking since that plumbing will be inside the tank.

I would consider silicon in the bulkhead onto the glass though.

#303596 Fukushima Reactor No 3

Posted by Anka on 31 December 2013 - 12:32 AM in Off The Wall

Well I'm literally an hour or two away from Fukushima and no one here seems worried :)

#302932 Merry Christmas

Posted by Anka on 24 December 2013 - 11:06 PM in Off The Wall

Merry christmas to all!

#302674 I Want Buccal Back On The Site

Posted by Anka on 21 December 2013 - 12:30 PM in Off The Wall

While I do not feel the need to justify the actions of the moderators or committee members I will indulge you.

All the moderators and committee members volunteer their time and effort to the club and exercise their responsibilities the best they can. We are all human and therefore we can get irritated, antagonised and riled at times. When a user, who is not a supporting member of the club, attacks the livelihood of one of our sponsors (while arguably having a financial self-interest in the demise of said sponsor) we are compelled to act accordingly and exercise our responsibilities. If you interpret that as controlling "freaking everything" then that is your prerogative.

If you want to change how the club is run then feel free to pay for a membership and put up your hand at the next AGM and nominate yourself for candidacy for a CM position. Otherwise any complaints, recommendations or frustrations you may have can be PM'd to me and I will do what I can to accommodate you or alleviate the issue.

All this talk about the "big boys mods club" is nonsense. Very little moderation is actually done - most of it being done to ensure classified posts comply with the positing rules. We act in accordance with the T&C's of the forum and the articles of incorporation of the association.

All the moderators and committee members volunteer their time because they believe in the good cause that the PCS represents. If your opinion of us sways from this truth then I apologise for what has transpired in your mind that could cause you to believe in the contrary.

Like I said if you have any issues please do not hesitate to contact me.

#302619 I Want Buccal Back On The Site

Posted by Anka on 20 December 2013 - 02:02 PM in Off The Wall

He hasn't been banned. He simply hasn't posted in a while.

Nothing odd about that.

If you want to get in touch with him try PMing him.