Posted Image

PCS & Stuart M. Grant - Cichlid Preservation Fund - Details here

Peckoltia's Content

There have been 58 items by Peckoltia (Search limited from 26-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#366579 8X3X2' Reef Tank Journal

Posted by Peckoltia on 17 September 2018 - 08:51 AM in Marine Discussion, Photos & Journals

The long wait is now over - the lights have now been suspended!

I have to say I'm very happy with the results, definitely hitting the look I was going for with the 'sleek industrial' look. Looks amazing with the 'satin' finish on the stand and the hanging brackets as well as the black wall. 

Now I need to figure out how to best hide the electrical chords from the lights, weather i run them up and into the ceiling or back and run them down the wall and hide the bulk of it behind the tank. Once that is done, the tank can be pushed back onto the wall and just some minor plumbing done and she is ready for water!

Been a long slog, but I am almost there. Please excuse the mess.

66E8A30A-A923-4913-BBBA-540E36F9BC84_zps

A5312D86-C5F2-4D1D-9FF3-25055FC8F0E6_zps

E0C221AB-E56F-4CF5-BE51-D74AE3AE8A95_zps

#366535 8X3X2' Reef Tank Journal

Posted by Peckoltia on 07 September 2018 - 10:38 AM in Marine Discussion, Photos & Journals

After 2 months of waiting, my lights have finally arrived!

Will open them up this evening and giving them a going over, fingers crossed there is no damage - boxes look in reasonable nick, so I have some confidence.

#366528 8X3X2' Reef Tank Journal

Posted by Peckoltia on 05 September 2018 - 01:39 PM in Marine Discussion, Photos & Journals

Thanks for the well wishes. Got a hold of the courier company - and they have assured me that the lights will be here by the end of the week. Have been scanned in at the Perth depot a week ago, be quicker and easier just to pick them up. What an ordeal, approaching the 2 month mark from paying to receiving my lights.  :brickwall:  :brickwall:  :brickwall:  :brickwall:  :brickwall:  :brickwall:  :brickwall:  :brickwall:  :brickwall:  :brickwall:

#366497 8X3X2' Reef Tank Journal

Posted by Peckoltia on 29 August 2018 - 10:48 AM in Marine Discussion, Photos & Journals

Couldn't script this - the train carrying my lights has derailed en rout to Perth form Melbourne! Shipping company has been contacted and they state that all cargo will be unaffected (damage wise), but we will have to wait and see about that. Hopefully finally receive my lights this week (Monday was the date stated after the derailment), but that has obviously come and gone. Just a waiting game now.

#366496 Macro

Posted by Peckoltia on 29 August 2018 - 10:08 AM in Past Photo Comps

so close you can't even see it!

#366481 8X3X2' Reef Tank Journal

Posted by Peckoltia on 24 August 2018 - 09:09 AM in Marine Discussion, Photos & Journals

Jules - there is no progress unfortunately. 

I have all my equipment sitting in a cupboard in boxes. The only piece missing is my lights that were ordered/paid for 6 weeks ago. Had to wait for them to come in from overseas to the distributor, and then shipped to me. Received an e-mail a week ago saying they have arrived and have been shipped. So hopefully should see them any day now (fingers crossed).

The tank is still sitting in the middle of the room. To say getting all the equipment has been a pain is an understatement. 6 week + wait for lights, 6 + weeks for my skimmer, multiple other items out of stock at all Australian vendors! But I am almost there. 

The tank is still in the middle of the room because my lighting brackets need to be fixed to the wall and I don't want to lean over a 3' wide tank drilling into a wall. 

As soon as the lights get here it was all happen very quickly and the tank will be filled within the week. 

Decided I'm going to go down the premium live rock pathway. The Carib Sea Life Rock is in such low supply in Australia, was finding it extremely difficult to get the amounts in the type I wanted, I don't want to give the company my money when they have serviced the Australian market so poorly (my opinion). There's also a part of my brain that struggles with the concept of paying as much or slightly more for 'dead rock' and premium live rock - I'll deal with any pests that come my way.

#366475 Another One For The Collection......

Posted by Peckoltia on 23 August 2018 - 04:36 PM in Tank Busters, Exotics, Large Predators and Oddballs

Discus, may as well get your crockery out of the kitchen put it in the tank and watch that instead. 

#366432 Pacu For Sale

Posted by Peckoltia on 13 August 2018 - 04:36 PM in Tank Busters, Exotics, Large Predators and Oddballs

They are good eating if you want it gone ASAP.