Posted Image

PCS & Stuart M. Grant - Cichlid Preservation Fund - Details here

Mintox's Content

There have been 5 items by Mintox (Search limited from 30-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#366865 Overflow Into Filter Socks

Posted by Mintox on 15 November 2018 - 09:45 PM in Technical & Equipment

H guys,

I am planning on turning an old tank into a sump for my main tank. I am still in the research stage of the project with my main goal to achieve very polished water.

The plan is to have the first stage filtered by mats and sponges (The mat will be replaced frequently). The second stage I was hoping the water could flow over into a set of filter socks. I have found someone on Youtube that has the same idea.

https://www.youtube....h?v=n32JwSOhi0w

Has anyone tried something similar? Did you have trouble or did it work in the end?

There is the obvious issue of the water seeping through the sides and the filter socks rising. The comment in the video suggest clamping it down with an acrylic top and O Rings. I was thinking of trying O rings and egg crate with something heavy pressing down on the egg crate.

Cheers,

Peter

#365566 For Sale - Cichlids And Cats

Posted by Mintox on 04 April 2018 - 07:09 PM in Classifieds

Would you be willing to part with one Dimi Comp male from your colony?  Looking for a 12-14cm male as my male got eaten last night.

#364733 Wtb - Large Acrylic Aquarium 3000-5000 Litres

Posted by Mintox on 19 January 2018 - 10:25 AM in Classifieds

The space would allow for 11'x4'x4'. Have starting making a short list of a few Chinese suppliers as of late. I guess I have to weigh up the risk verse the cost savings. Surely if they're good enough to supply large public displays they can supply a decent aquarium for a house.

#364729 Wtb - Large Acrylic Aquarium 3000-5000 Litres

Posted by Mintox on 18 January 2018 - 05:19 PM in Classifieds

Hi guys,

I am wanting to have a large custom acrylic tank built for my house. Was hoping a few of you may have gone through this process and could recommend an appropriate tank builder. I will be enquiring with most LFS.

Cheers,

Peter

#364725 Eheim 2080 Intake Mod

Posted by Mintox on 18 January 2018 - 03:36 PM in Technical & Equipment

Thought I would provide an update on this modification. Have both Eheims running this way and I am happy with the results. I do also notice it is easier to prime the filters after cleaning the prefilter and getting them started after a full service. One thing to keep an eye on would be the motor. The water flow is greater so hopefully this isn't causing the motor any issues.

Attached Images

• 20171208_075607.jpg