Posted Image

PCS & Stuart M. Grant - Cichlid Preservation Fund - Details here

Morley Aquariums's Content

There have been 10 items by Morley Aquariums (Search limited from 01-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#356298 Pseudotropheus Livingstonii (Malawi Shell Dwellers)

Posted by Morley Aquariums on 29 October 2016 - 04:12 PM in Journals

Not mixed up in the shop lex, all from a pcs member & kept as a songle species. Any stuff ups happened before she got them. Happy to take them back anytime as we are not in the habit of supplying incorrect fish. These came from a trusted source & went into a planted lower tank so were hard to see so we would have no indication of a problem with them. As before, more than happy to get them back & we are trying to get some more background on them as all previous owners are quality suppliers.

#355775 Pseudotropheus Livingstonii (Malawi Shell Dwellers)

Posted by Morley Aquariums on 07 October 2016 - 09:47 AM in Journals

These fish are have been kept as a single colony by a pcs member, she brought them over from Aquatic dreams as a special order so have certainly been bought & sold in good faith. Mixups are always possible & Id can be hard when in & out of the shop in a high state of stress. I will have a friend of mine who keep both look into it & let you know Lex.

#355485 Recent Fishing

Posted by Morley Aquariums on 25 September 2016 - 10:31 AM in Off The Wall

we headed out last week on Aussie cruises for a private charter, slow start but ended up with Keegan picking up his first big fish, an 11.7kg dhui, also scored an 82cm queenie, nice fat kg, smaller size dhui & a handful of other bits. We dropped another couple of big boys sadly. Bit of a smaller, older boat, but great hard working skipper & complete freedom for us to control the time & type of fishing (best with only 5 on board). Recommend them for a great day out.

#349862 Singapore Holiday

Posted by Morley Aquariums on 21 February 2016 - 09:00 PM in Off The Wall

We took the cable car from mt faber, very cool. The pass included the cable car trip across sentosa as well. It is a holiday island so lots of activities including universal studios, water park, flying fox & other stuff like that. Fun if it is your thing or with kids. Personally the walks & beaches are more me. Very pretty looking & nice jungles. I only spent the day there so hard to say much more except- see the aquarium. Clark quay is one place we missed & is supposed to be the most awesome place for a meal & drinks. The other was palau ubin (?), a small traditional fishing island that is all jungle that you ride bikes around - next time. So much to see, chinatown, little india, day & night zoo, museums, war memorials etc etc. biggest tip is visit the tourist spots during the week, no crowds- weekends are nuts.

#349857 Singapore Holiday

Posted by Morley Aquariums on 21 February 2016 - 06:22 PM in Off The Wall

Just there in Jan. Must visit the river safari at singapore zoo- amazing freshwater displays inc 1.76 miliiin litre tank with manatee, pacu, arapiama etc. Other must see is SEA aquarium on sentosa, worlds second largest tank I beleive & heaps of beautiful reef & fresh displays. Everything is so clean & well maintained. If you have time grab a look at the cloud dome at gardens by the bay & slip up to the sky park at marina bay sands ( tell them you are going up for a drink & entry is free). Loved Singapore.

#348234 First Ich Outbreak.

Posted by Morley Aquariums on 30 December 2015 - 08:53 PM in Fish Health, Nutrition, Diseases & Pests

Turn off the uv while medicating, most meds are light sensitive. Also ensure no chemical media such as carbon, zeolites or purigen are in use

#348084 Hi All

Posted by Morley Aquariums on 24 December 2015 - 07:18 PM in Off The Wall

To you & Eileen too Richard

#346787 Wtb: Ramshorn Snails

Posted by Morley Aquariums on 13 November 2015 - 02:37 PM in Classifieds

pest in aquariums, but fantastic in ponds as they keep to a more natural population when not in the confines of a tank.

#346737 Keeping Axolotls Cold In This Heat

Posted by Morley Aquariums on 11 November 2015 - 05:32 PM in Technical & Equipment

Seen a few guys place external canisters partially submersed in an esky with ice slurry - moniter the temp carefully to avoid to much fluctuation

#346498 Any Jardini Arowana Wanted Perth

Posted by Morley Aquariums on 05 November 2015 - 09:17 AM in Tank Busters, Exotics, Large Predators and Oddballs

I did not encounter any jardini last year & they were only on the list for about 1 week the year before. The croc story appears to be legit, same guy was the main salmon tail collector. Warning on thinking about bringing over an aro, one of my customers did & ended up with a fine of $1400, the east coast sender was also charged & fined - translocation of an exotic fish without the correct authorization (translocation permit). Road is sometimes used, but highly stressful on such a sensitive species & finding someone prepared to risk a fine sending one would be a challenge.