Posted Image

PCS & Stuart M. Grant - Cichlid Preservation Fund - Details here

coltpeacemaker's Content

There have been 29 items by coltpeacemaker (Search limited from 04-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#353502 Is This A Male Or Female Jaguar?

Posted by coltpeacemaker on 06 July 2016 - 06:41 PM in Tank Busters, Exotics, Large Predators and Oddballs

hi guys hes a pic off my jag and its growen heaps since i last posted so do you think its going to be a male or female....cheers

Attached Images

• WP_20160706_18_30_59_Pro.jpg

#353501 Jaguar Shaking Head At Other Fish

Posted by coltpeacemaker on 06 July 2016 - 06:38 PM in Tank Busters, Exotics, Large Predators and Oddballs

hi guys heres a update pic off my jag its grown about another inch in about 3 wks any idears if its a he/she thanks

Attached Images

• WP_20160706_18_30_59_Pro.jpg

#353372 Jaguar Shaking Head At Other Fish

Posted by coltpeacemaker on 01 July 2016 - 07:39 PM in Tank Busters, Exotics, Large Predators and Oddballs

cheers some good info you guys are giving me ill probley have just wood in there for cover a few nice flat rocks and a big cave for him as i like the minimal look and more open space for him/she to swim around...one thing ive notices is he/shes a pig when it comes to food, it stuffs its face before and other fish can even get a bite in so i have to distract him so the others can eat lol thanks buccal and to everyone else

#353346 Jaguar Shaking Head At Other Fish

Posted by coltpeacemaker on 01 July 2016 - 01:52 PM in Tank Busters, Exotics, Large Predators and Oddballs

no problems ill give them away on gumtree

#353331 Jaguar Shaking Head At Other Fish

Posted by coltpeacemaker on 01 July 2016 - 08:18 AM in Tank Busters, Exotics, Large Predators and Oddballs

is that what hes doing! i think ill have to get rid off the rosy barbs because there not resting at night and its not fair to them (anyone want 8 off them lol) hes getting good with his stalking. so is this what jags do stalk there pray? also do they prefer plant cover or a more bare tank with a few pce off wood and a big cave? 

#353308 Jaguar Shaking Head At Other Fish

Posted by coltpeacemaker on 30 June 2016 - 09:52 AM in Tank Busters, Exotics, Large Predators and Oddballs

thanks mate ill have to move the jag soon as he playing a game at night where he hides in the plant and rushes at the rosy barbs and freaks them out lol

#353279 Jaguar Shaking Head At Other Fish

Posted by coltpeacemaker on 29 June 2016 - 08:56 AM in Tank Busters, Exotics, Large Predators and Oddballs

thanks buccal i had to laugh at you comment (That thing will grow like the clappers and swallow the hell out of everything before you know it.) im aware off that, he or she has a lge 125gal tank waiting all for themselves i only put the jag in there because it was so young. i have allready noticed how much it has grown in three wks as it has doubled in size as ive been giving lots of clean water and good quality food..cheers mate

#353267 Is This A Male Or Female Jaguar?

Posted by coltpeacemaker on 28 June 2016 - 04:44 PM in Tank Busters, Exotics, Large Predators and Oddballs

thanks malawinman85 i think its female too, ive noticed a purple sheen on certain angles

#353262 Is This A Male Or Female Jaguar?

Posted by coltpeacemaker on 28 June 2016 - 03:43 PM in Tank Busters, Exotics, Large Predators and Oddballs

hi guy can anyone tell me if this is going to be a male or female jaguar cichlid? i know its a bit young but what do you think..cheers

Attached Images

• WP_20160628_13_09_26_Pro.jpg

#353257 Jaguar Shaking Head At Other Fish

Posted by coltpeacemaker on 28 June 2016 - 01:16 PM in Tank Busters, Exotics, Large Predators and Oddballs

heres a pic

Attached Images

• WP_20160628_13_09_26_Pro.jpg

#353256 Jaguar Shaking Head At Other Fish

Posted by coltpeacemaker on 28 June 2016 - 01:07 PM in Tank Busters, Exotics, Large Predators and Oddballs

hes living with 8 rosy barbs and a female convict only because hes small at the moment i guess one day the rosys will be dinner lol its the convict he mostly shakes at

buccal i think he maybe a she but its a little early to tell. ill try and get a pic up

#352980 Jaguar Shaking Head At Other Fish

Posted by coltpeacemaker on 18 June 2016 - 07:38 PM in Tank Busters, Exotics, Large Predators and Oddballs

awesome thanks buccal i thought he was starting to show whos boss ill have to keep a eye on him because hes practising stalking too as he hides in the plants and launches out lol thanks for the info.....cheers mate

#352976 Jaguar Shaking Head At Other Fish

Posted by coltpeacemaker on 18 June 2016 - 06:16 PM in Tank Busters, Exotics, Large Predators and Oddballs

hi i have a young jag cichlid whos settleled into his tank very nicely, hes in my 55gal just for a a little while then ill put him into the 125gal aquarium i have running when he gets bigger, he has a spot with a driftwood hollow he likes to go in but lately when a fish goes near his spot he shakes his head at them and his colours darken, so is this normal? thanks

#352763 Jaguar Cichlid What Do I Need To Know

Posted by coltpeacemaker on 10 June 2016 - 02:03 PM in Tank Busters, Exotics, Large Predators and Oddballs

ok cool ill feed him twice a day, hes seems always hungry i carnt wait for him to start getting bigger...

#352759 *new Updates* Mangrove Jack Thread

Posted by coltpeacemaker on 10 June 2016 - 01:00 PM in Tank Busters, Exotics, Large Predators and Oddballs

pet magic cannington has them but their pricy $300

#352755 Jaguar Cichlid What Do I Need To Know

Posted by coltpeacemaker on 10 June 2016 - 12:32 PM in Tank Busters, Exotics, Large Predators and Oddballs

ive just bought some hikari cichlid gold baby pellets hopefull tonight he will eat them. so how offer should i feed him?

#352746 Jaguar Cichlid What Do I Need To Know

Posted by coltpeacemaker on 10 June 2016 - 10:26 AM in Tank Busters, Exotics, Large Predators and Oddballs

heres a pic off him man he just wouldnt stay still lolWP_20160610_10_20_22_Pro.jpg

#352745 Jaguar Cichlid What Do I Need To Know

Posted by coltpeacemaker on 10 June 2016 - 10:16 AM in Tank Busters, Exotics, Large Predators and Oddballs

one more thing what should i be feeding this gut as hes very sml but i want to get him off to a good start hes not that keen on pellets as he sucks them in and then spits them out and so on and then just drops then but blood worms....wow hes like a madman on them trying to get every single one also how offen should i be feeding him as hes only a tiny....thanks

#352744 Jaguar Cichlid What Do I Need To Know

Posted by coltpeacemaker on 10 June 2016 - 10:11 AM in Tank Busters, Exotics, Large Predators and Oddballs

yes

malawiman85

i think fh have way to many problems so i gave him to someone who can relly look after him plus he got a 6ft all for him self, i saw a baby jaguar cichlid when i was out and snaped him up he awesome, such a funny little fellow he follows me thru the tank hopefully ill have alot more luck with this little guy, as too breeding them i would love that but i heard it can be very dangrous for them as they get quite agressive.

i have been watching alot off youtube clips on them and breeding time looks more like a battle lol thanks...

#352631 Jaguar Cichlid What Do I Need To Know

Posted by coltpeacemaker on 08 June 2016 - 08:40 AM in Tank Busters, Exotics, Large Predators and Oddballs

cool thanks guys hes so tiny in the big tank lol

#352621 Jaguar Cichlid What Do I Need To Know

Posted by coltpeacemaker on 07 June 2016 - 08:16 PM in Tank Busters, Exotics, Large Predators and Oddballs

hi just bought a sml baby jaguar cichlid and hes in my 125 gal tank now i was wondering is there anything special i need to know about keeping this fish, what food should i be feeding a juv jaguar? what about water changes? and any other possible info that might be usefull cheers guys

#352618 Flowerhorn Has Stoped Eating 2Wks Help!

Posted by coltpeacemaker on 07 June 2016 - 08:09 PM in Fish Health, Nutrition, Diseases & Pests

no thanks tunagirll thanks for the offer but i gave the flowerhorn to a guy i know who has a spare 6ft tank all for him and has over 30 yrs experience in keeping lge cichlids and he reconds he will get him well so i did whats best for the fish as he was a cool fish like a little buddy ive just got a jaguar cichlid to fill the gap and is in my 125 gal tank...

#352533 Flowerhorn Has Stoped Eating 2Wks Help!

Posted by coltpeacemaker on 04 June 2016 - 09:48 AM in Fish Health, Nutrition, Diseases & Pests

well i must say im very disapointed with some off the comments made on here,and i never new flowerhorns arnt allowed on this web site so ill be leaving and i dont think ill be back again. to the ppl that offered advice i thank you.....

#352287 Medication Turned Water Cloudy

Posted by coltpeacemaker on 25 May 2016 - 10:00 AM in Fish Health, Nutrition, Diseases & Pests

your right just had water checked ammonia spike ill do 50% change and add seachem stability should be all good thanks

malawiman85 and Ageofaquariums

#352281 Medication Turned Water Cloudy

Posted by coltpeacemaker on 25 May 2016 - 08:39 AM in Fish Health, Nutrition, Diseases & Pests

Please fill out as much as possible below and give us a description of what is wrong with your fish.

Type of fish: flowerhorn
Symptoms: possible hexmita
Other tank mates: none
Tank size / capacity: 215 ltrs
Type of Food fed: none atm
Feeding frequency/amount: none atm
Substrate: gravel
Type of filtration: aqua one 1000 filter
Frequency of filter cleans: 10% every 1-2 days
Frequency and % volume of water changes:
Last water change: yesterday
PH: 7.8
KH: 5
GH: not sure
Nitrite: 20
Nitrate: 0.0
Ammonia: 0.0
Phosphate: not sure
Water temp:
Medications used recently to date:
Any recent changes..new fish/filters/power outages etc etc:

i bought some intertinal hexmita clear and internal parasite clear from aquatix because my flowerhorn may have hex or parasites as he has stringy poop now the lady said you can use both at the same time which i though was alot off meds at once but there the experts now this morning all the water has gone cloudy its scary and im starting to wonder whats going on. they said it wont harm the filters but the strange thing is it didnt go cloudy when i put it in at around 11am only when i got up this morning, so is this normal any idears....thanks