Posted Image

PCS & Stuart M. Grant - Cichlid Preservation Fund - Details here

chris1977's Content

There have been 13 items by chris1977 (Search limited from 01-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#366938 Wtb: Petrochromis Red Bull Point

Posted by chris1977 on 04 December 2018 - 12:21 PM in Classifieds

I am looking to keep a really rare cichlid so after a lot of consideration and reading I have fallen in love with this fish does anyone have these or know where I could possibly got to to get these imported if need be.

Livestock
Name:petrochromis red bulu point
Size:any
Number:6
Sex: 1 male 5 females
Price or a ballpark figure: NEGOTIABLE.
Shipping available?
Photos: below / none / on PM request <-- (this must be stated)

Equipment etc
Brand (if applicable):
Shipping available?
Description, incl condition of the item:

Tanks
Dimensions (length/width/height):
Glass Thickness:
Condition: (Poor = not holding water / Fair = old, scratches and marks / Good = some minor blemishes / Excellent = as new)
Stand (wood or metal, bare stand or cabinet):
Lids:
Price or ballpark figure: (mandatory)
Shipping available?

#366708 Cichlid Interstate Order!

Posted by chris1977 on 20 October 2018 - 05:25 PM in Aquotix Aquariums

Any chance of a guaranteed large placidiochromis white lip madoka.?
Or lithrinops red cap. Male and two females

#366704 Peacock Cichlids Names Aka

Posted by chris1977 on 18 October 2018 - 06:03 PM in Cichlid Discussion

Thank you for the clarification. You have helped me out considerably I have aulonacara Jacob Firebirds that I was told are line breed they came from aquotix. Who did tell me that the strain had not been mixed. So I can only hope I guess all I need now are females. But thank you for time and knowledge.

#366681 Glass Lid Needed

Posted by chris1977 on 13 October 2018 - 05:19 AM in Off The Wall

Balcatta glass in balcatta they will cut it while you wait. And excellent prices.

#366680 Wtb Discus

Posted by chris1977 on 13 October 2018 - 05:14 AM in Classifieds

Have you tried robs aquariums in malaga they tend to get a lot of discus at great prices. If they don't have in stock they may be able to obtain what your looking for.

#366660 Adhesive Film As A Background?

Posted by chris1977 on 07 October 2018 - 01:34 PM in Technical & Equipment

There are some block heads available at city barn at the moment if you are interested they seem to have a lot of character.
There are some block heads available at city barn at the moment if you are interested they seem to have a lot of character.

#366658 Peacock Cichlids Names Aka

Posted by chris1977 on 07 October 2018 - 12:39 PM in Cichlid Discussion

Why are there so many different names for the same fish. I love my peacock cichlids "aulonocara" I recently purchased a peacock Jacob firebird male and have been trying to find females for him. At my LFS I was told that the firebird is aka eureka reds and Rubin reds. Can anyone tell me if this is correct as far as I knew they were three different strains can someone please let me know if this is right or not.?

#366657 Adhesive Film As A Background?

Posted by chris1977 on 07 October 2018 - 12:15 PM in Technical & Equipment

I've seen people use both house and car window tint. Also frosted tint and with the frosted tint they use a backlighting with a red and yellow fluro light globe mounted at the back bottom of the tank to give it a sunset back lighting not bad looking at all and very different.

#366656 Wtb: Red Scat

Posted by chris1977 on 07 October 2018 - 11:51 AM in Classifieds

Jules I can't help with large ones but I'm pretty sure that pet city in balcatta usually carry the smaller ones.

#366655 Cichlid Interstate Order!

Posted by chris1977 on 07 October 2018 - 11:48 AM in Aquotix Aquariums

Thanks aquotix I now have my livingstonii's growing well extremely good quality.

#366585 Aquarium Shops Colour Feeding Fish.

Posted by chris1977 on 18 September 2018 - 07:50 AM in Cichlid Discussion

Do you think its is OK for aquarium shops to colour feed fish to the point when a customer buys them and takes them home only to watch them fade. I've watched this happen to a friend of mine who wanted a aquarium for a long time so he brought a 6x2x2. His first choice were some dragon blood cichlids from a aquarium shop I don't want to name. After they did fade he was devastated he has females in the tank also and even through mating rituals they never came close to the colouration they were when first bought. Would you consider selling colour feed cichlids as false advertising?

#366582 Wtb Aulonacara Jacob Firebird Females Only

Posted by chris1977 on 17 September 2018 - 03:57 PM in Classifieds

Livestock
Name:aulonacara Jacob firebird females
Size:any
Number:3
Sex: females only
Price or a ballpark figure:negotiable
Shipping available?no
Photos:none
Please email or contact 0475703272 ask for Chris.

#366575 Cichlid Interstate Order!

Posted by chris1977 on 14 September 2018 - 08:58 AM in Aquotix Aquariums

Looking for juvenile nimb livingstonii 5 of. Anyone has any please SMS on 0475703272.
Regards chris