Posted Image

PCS & Stuart M. Grant - Cichlid Preservation Fund - Details here

Scat's Content

There have been 289 items by Scat (Search limited from 26-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#185278 Stop Puppy Farms

Posted by Scat on 24 September 2010 - 09:14 PM in Off The Wall

Congratulations Den dry.gif

#185277 Some Interesting Catfish

Posted by Scat on 24 September 2010 - 09:00 PM in Photo Album & Photography Discussion

They are currently available on plecoplanet but are over east.

Cheers
Craig

#184114 Customer Service

Posted by Scat on 15 September 2010 - 06:34 PM in Off The Wall

What was the service you provided Az ? tongue.gif

#182872 Tank Space For Electric Yellows

Posted by Scat on 05 September 2010 - 02:25 PM in Cichlid Discussion

Its also more important to add to your question what kind of filtration you will be using as that will have a large bearing on how many fish you can stock too.

Cheers
Craig

#182871 Peacock Fry Freaking Out

Posted by Scat on 05 September 2010 - 02:21 PM in Fish Health, Nutrition, Diseases & Pests

Hi Bowdy

Did you put the peacocks straight in or did you acclimatise them ? They can be sensitive to change when small.

When you say your water was sweet and now the juvies are dying i would suggest you test for nitrate, nitrite, ammonia, ph and the water tempreture then post the results up on here and hopefully forum members can help from there.

Cheers
Craig

#182870 Redesigned 6x2x2.

Posted by Scat on 05 September 2010 - 02:17 PM in Photo Album & Photography Discussion

Looks good Col smile.gif

What else you going to put in there ?

Cheers
Craig

#182869 September Auction

Posted by Scat on 05 September 2010 - 02:13 PM in Off The Wall

I will be bringing some albino longfin bristlenose juvies to the auction.

Hope to see lots of ppl there this Tuesday night !!

Cheers
Craig

#182460 Happy Birthday Oliver!

Posted by Scat on 01 September 2010 - 05:18 PM in Off The Wall

Happy Birthday Ollie !!! Drink some bourbon for me !

Ollie drinks Emu Export in the summer........
Ollie drinks wife basher ??? ohmy.gif

Cheers smile.gif
Craig

#182395 Out With Old, In With The Nearly New

Posted by Scat on 31 August 2010 - 10:24 PM in Photo Album & Photography Discussion

Hi Danny smile.gif

As a word of advice if your fish dig under those rocks (which they may do) it may make the top rocks topple and crack your tank !

Good luck with the progress as setting up tanks is always fun and look forward to future updates.

Cheers
Craig

#182370 Eoi For Future Auction Nights & Other Events

Posted by Scat on 31 August 2010 - 08:03 PM in Off The Wall

Would love to hear from all the forum members that arnt club members yet too smile.gif smile.gif

Keep the feedback coming please as i really want alot of input into this to get a much larger idea from all people on the website smile.gif

Cheers
Craig

#182354 Hi Everybody

Posted by Scat on 31 August 2010 - 06:29 PM in Introduce Yourself !

Hi Alex and welcome to the PCS Club & Forums smile.gif

I hope you enjoy and look forward to seing you at a meeting in the future !

Cheers
Craig

#182233 Eoi For Future Auction Nights & Other Events

Posted by Scat on 30 August 2010 - 08:04 PM in Off The Wall

Hi Matt,

Bigger crowds and more advertising i would hope would increase selling prices too due to extra competition to win lots !

Cheers
Craig

#182225 Eoi For Future Auction Nights & Other Events

Posted by Scat on 30 August 2010 - 07:57 PM in Off The Wall

Its called bribery Doug, buy her some wine !

And then leave to come along smile.gif

#182218 Eoi For Future Auction Nights & Other Events

Posted by Scat on 30 August 2010 - 07:42 PM in Off The Wall

Would be more of a late arvo/evening thing Dougo smile.gif

Alize, i wouldnt see it as giving up a few hours rather than getting together with friends for a few hours on a Sat night !!!

Cheers
Craig

#182212 Eoi For Future Auction Nights & Other Events

Posted by Scat on 30 August 2010 - 07:22 PM in Off The Wall

Nothing is set yet Daniel , all im doing is getting a feel for what people are wanting smile.gif Will probably do a trial on a auction first

Cheers
Craig

#182207 Eoi For Future Auction Nights & Other Events

Posted by Scat on 30 August 2010 - 06:48 PM in Off The Wall

Hi,

For some time i have been looking into the idea of holding future auctions and potentially other events to a Saturday night rather than the mid week meetings we have been doing in the past.

I have been in contact with several other clubs australia wide which already hold all of their meetings on a Saturday and the feedback was that we would grow exponentially in the future.

I believe myself and the feedback we have had not only off the forums but also as recently as the Agm is that members want more social functions held throughout the year, and we can achieve this through changing for starters to auction to a weekend rather than do a midweek one where the majority of people either have to go to work/school the next day which makes everything a rush on the night as people want to go home at a reasonable hour on the week days. Another idea i have put forward to the committee is we could also do on a Saturday a pre-auction sausage sizzle which will give the members a chance to come earlier for a bite to eat and catch up with everyone and have a chat before the main event starts. There is the potential to experiment with other social oriented events in the near future as well.

One of the main reasons this kind of thing gets held back is the fear of change, a long time ago ( before my time on the club ) this was trialed and flopped as members didnt turn up on the Saturday but the club i think is completely different now and much larger also.
So what i really need to hear is what you as the members and the forum members feel about this idea, please bear in mind that this is only one Saturday per month !

1. Do you feel that a change to a Saturday night would make you come if you dont come normally ?

2. Do you forum members feel that this would make you want to come to future auctions/meetings if it was on a weekend ?

3. Do you feel more social events would be welcomed on a Saturday from time to time ?

If you feel this is good idea then please get behind this with as much support as you can, or if not please tell us why.

Dazza could you please make a poll for this !

Cheers
Craig

#181718 Happy Birthday Andrea !

Posted by Scat on 25 August 2010 - 07:29 PM in Off The Wall

Happy 25th Birthday Andrea smile.gif

Hope you have had a awesome day !!!

Craig

#181609 September Auction

Posted by Scat on 24 August 2010 - 06:43 PM in Off The Wall

I would like to see a good varity of africans, americans and some nice catfish too !

There is always extreme bargains to be had at auctions and anyone that has some room if you dont come then your mad !!!

Tony you have never one a bid in the last 4 years that i have seen tongue.gif

Should be a awesome night ! Dont miss out !!

Cheers
Craig

#181321 Ps3 Games

Posted by Scat on 22 August 2010 - 09:52 AM in Off The Wall

I got Demon Souls last week for the PS3 which has finally been released over here in Aus and is an awesome game but extremely difficult and have also pre ordered Gran Turisom 5 signature edition which is set for a Nov 1st release ! (Taking a week off that week smile.gif )

Cheers
Craig

#181229 Albino Fry

Posted by Scat on 21 August 2010 - 08:52 AM in Catfish & Loaches

Hi Johnno,

Out of all of the commons & and peps ive bred i have never had a albino come up so i dont know if you are lucky or unlucky tongue.gif

That being said there was a guy on here who had a albino syndontis multipunctatus which was amazing !

http://www.perthcich...x...7&hl=albino

Cheers
Craig

#181228 Heiko Discus Talk

Posted by Scat on 21 August 2010 - 08:45 AM in Cichlid Discussion

We would love to have you next year again Heiko either in May after Singapore or in October when you have been to Brisbane smile.gif

Will speak again in the near future when its a bit closer as all of our members should have an oppertunity to see and talk to you in person and i look forward to seeing you again.

Cheers
Craig

#181072 Some Interesting Catfish

Posted by Scat on 19 August 2010 - 08:40 PM in Photo Album & Photography Discussion

Ahh so true smile.gif

#181041 Labour, Liberal Or Greens Ect ?

Posted by Scat on 19 August 2010 - 06:07 PM in Off The Wall

Hi,

Im not starting this thread for a political slinging match, im just interested to see which way poeple will be voting this Sat.

I probably didnt answer the last thread very well about the Mark Latham donkey vote comment as i wont be doing that myself.

I will be voting labour smile.gif

Cheers
Craig

#180892 Some Interesting Catfish

Posted by Scat on 18 August 2010 - 04:26 PM in Photo Album & Photography Discussion

Theft i imagine would be a possibilty although ive heard of it happening over east ive never heard of it here in WA ( But thats just what ive heard so it may have happened ? ) I would think fish security would be like anything else of value e.g. where is it kept, Do you have a dog or dogs, are people home on a regular basis etc.

Others may have had different experience than me and may shed more light on this subject.

Cheers
Craig

#180891 Protest Vote?

Posted by Scat on 18 August 2010 - 04:22 PM in Off The Wall

A waste of time imo as at the end of the day a politician will still win !

Cheers
Craig