Photo

Indonesian View On Asylum Seekers / Lebanon

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:13 AM

i got a little annoyed after reading this... but have a read and let us know what you think :)

http://www.theaustra...u-1226725551863

Edited by bigjohnnofish, 03 October 2013 - 12:41 AM.

#2 sandgroper

sandgroper
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:34 AM

Our dumb government will end up paying  Indonesia to take them back. They have already offered to bye their boats.

#3 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:34 AM

im dumbfounded by the whole issue and the inability of our government to solve this problem... we need to take on board some of chinas and japans laws on il/legal immigration

#4 JackMack

JackMack
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:31 AM

Glad it's Abbott they hate.
I think what the dude is saying is both 'right and wrong'.
But honestly, what do you think is going to happen to all these people in the end?

I really hope someone tops Abbott and fast,  

http://1deadlynation...s-volunteering/

Lucky people did vote for him based on his character or he'd be absolutely f%*ked.
Lie after lie after lie.

I think what bugs me most about the election was finding out that a majority of Australians are red neck homophobes, not the fact that Abbott won.

#5 Androo

Androo
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:39 AM

A little off this topic but Abbott won not because of his views or who he is, no one likes Abbott. He was just a better option then Rudd. Labour Party has absolutely monster trucked this country up the donkey. And there is no denying that australia was always stronger under a liberal gov then labour

I understand if this is removed if its found offensive.

Edited by Androo, 25 September 2013 - 08:40 AM.

#6 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:46 AM

Androo - Why should your opinion be offensive? It's your opinion which you are entitled to ;)

JackMack- And speaking of opinions, how did you come to the conclusion that the majority of Australians are redneck homophobes? :huh:

#7 JackMack

JackMack
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:53 AM

On the basis that Abbott was elected...?
No one in their right mind would vote for someone who is openly discriminative against both gays and ethnics.. Other than someone who is equally as ignorant. 

#8 Androo

Androo
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:58 AM

If you don't mind me asking, which party did you vote for and what was your number one reason?

#9 JackMack

JackMack
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:08 AM

Here's an explanatory video for you.

#10 Androo

Androo
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:17 AM

Yep the video is pretty much self explainitry....

#11 JackMack

JackMack
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:24 AM

And who did you vote for and why?

#12 Androo

Androo
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:05 AM

This year I voted in favour of the Australian economy. I voted the libs. Edit for Kleinz. If you want to look at it as I voted not for someone but against someone and that's ok. I needed my bid to go against labour. May I ask what did labour do for you????? All these promises of making gay marriage legal and other stuff was just a party clutching at the idiots vote. People go ooo I like the sound of that, then two years later either it hasn't happens or nobody can afford to do these things. I could go on all day but in short I just hate labour that much

Go national party

Ps in no way am I saying gay people are idiots, just those that get sucked into small picture promises are

Edited by Androo, 25 September 2013 - 04:20 PM.

#13 JackMack

JackMack
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:17 AM

I give it a couple of months before you regret that decision, whether or not you do I'm not fussed.

Labour didn't do anything for me, hence why I didn't vote for them.
I'd still rather Kevin Rudd over Abbott though, on the basis that Kevin has an education and didn't aspire to be a priest.

Really can't be bothered arguing this as this is just my opinion and that is yours, I just have a serious distaste for dishonesty and lack of intelligence in a place of power such as PM.

Cheers

Also Johnno, Can you elaborate on the Chinese immigration laws? 

#14 Leigh

Leigh
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:17 AM

I'd still rather Kevin Rudd over Abbott though, on the basis that Kevin has an education and didn't aspire to be a priest.

On the basis that Abbott was elected...?
No one in their right mind would vote for someone who is openly discriminative against both gays and ethnics.. Other than someone who is equally as ignorant. 

Jack - I usually stay clear of these discussion. People tend to get too fired up too fast. That said: 

1. You accuse Abbott of discimination against certain groups, then quote a reason you didn't vote for him being that he at one point aspired to the priesthood.

2. Check out Abbott's educational record. I think you'll find he was actually a Rhodes Scholar following some law and commerce based degree's.

I voted for my local independent member in case you are thinking I am a liberal stooge.

#15 Naraic

Naraic
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:18 PM

Ah the good ol' asylum seekers, one topic which it seems to me the general public believe makes or breaks a government. It was live export 5 years ago that attracted a good majority of the election coverage and discussions.

Androo i'm with you, I voted for a team not an individual and voted for they're overall vision. Even if the Liberals take on only 50% of their major promises I believe there will be some serious benefit for the current Australian outlook in terms of economy, infrastructure and most importantly our list of national priorities.

They are all liars, they are all curs. It was the lessor of two evils, these little independant parties talk a big game but thats easy to do when you have little to no chance of actually being brought to bear on them and having the reins.

Australia did seem to do better under the last Liberal Government but that was a fantastic cabinet with an even better group of the true hidden policy makers.

These are my views and opinions only so are of course debatable as views, however I will not be debating my views nor will I be defending them against any attacks.

Ciaran

#16 JackMack

JackMack
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:20 PM

I don't have the time nor the energy to argue.
I was simply putting my opinion out there in hope that someone thinks he's as much of a tool that I think he is.

#17 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:28 PM

I can't see anyone arguing here. I just asked the question "how did you come to the conclusion that the majority of Australians are redneck homophobes"?

#18 waxy

waxy
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:24 PM

The same way he decided that Abbott has no education. Plucked it out of thin air without doing any research first.
I can't remember a poll on being homophobic or not.

#19 shayne

shayne
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

jack mack must of forgotten to add greedy and selfish to his description. the 2 most common traits of the electorate. im a contemptuous objector .

#20 JackMack

JackMack
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

Oh right, my bad.
I forgot that observation isn't a real thing.

Edited by JackMack, 25 September 2013 - 02:38 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users