Photo

Help Me With This Ethical Dilemma

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Anka

Anka
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:44 AM

So I am currently sitting in my car at the train station listening to the news before I go to work.

Guy in a Mercedes parks next to me, gets out and opens his car door into the side of my car.

No apology.

What do I do? Take it?

I'm sick of people not respecting other peoples property. My car has heaps of dings and dents from trolleys, car doors etc. I have never banged someone else's car.

#2 ice

ice
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:22 AM

Id say something to the bloke, did he see you there? If not he wouldnt have felt the need to apologise to an empty seat. This happened once to a friend of mine in his old VW fastback, same deal but when he made a big deal about it she said to him "get over it it's just a car". The good thing about the fastback was it had good thick doors and the car that did the exact same thing to him didnt. Needless to say he opened his door with significantly more force than the other driver and its pretty obvious who came out worse for wear...

People have very little respect for other peoples property these days, we all know how bloody annoying it is having someone put a scratch in your pride and joy and i certainly wouldnt sit there and take it if i saw it happen.

-Dave

Edited by ice, 25 January 2012 - 09:25 AM.

#3 Melvin

Melvin
  • Validating

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:25 AM

I once was coming out of the bottle-o one day back to my ute, which I had parked a little crooked, and the guy next to me got out of his car and spat on my ute in disgust then walked off! He was an older man, maybe 60's, and I thought that was quite juvenile. So since we were handling this situation in a childish manner, I keyed the whole side of his car.

#4 Sarahhhhh

Sarahhhhh
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:48 AM

I had an old guy hit my car when I was waiting to reverse out of the parking spot, and had I not got out of my car I'm 100% sure he would have walked off. Luckily my car had been hit the day before and he hit the exact same spot so I couldn't tell if there was any more damage so I just told him to be more careful next time.

I also hate trolleys! Even when I park faaaaar away from everyone else, somehow a trolley always ends up next to my car!

#5 Tarpon

Tarpon
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:50 AM

Don't take it, say something and if there is any damage then he should pay (I drive a merc too but still respect other people's property)

#6 Evil_Boof

Evil_Boof
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE (Melvin @ Jan 25 2012, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I once was coming out of the bottle-o one day back to my ute, which I had parked a little crooked, and the guy next to me got out of his car and spat on my ute in disgust then walked off! He was an older man, maybe 60's, and I thought that was quite juvenile. So since we were handling this situation in a childish manner, I keyed the whole side of his car.

so a guy spat on your car and your keyed it? causing probably over $1000 damage due to spit.. i hate mofos who key peoples cars. had it happen to my (newely painted and airbrushed)commi for no reason whatsoever.

theres no decent reason to ruin an entire paintjob on someones car.

if someone spits on your car, smack him one in the head. simple

as for anka`s problem.. if theres damage to your car, confront him and tell him to pay up

#7 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE (Evil_Boof @ Jan 25 2012, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah no that's not a good idea. One punch can kill. No one has the right to hit someone else, that's assault
Either say something to the person, or suck it up and accept it. Keying someones car isn't cool either.
I got that many scratches on my car that one more doesn't matter. Kinda annoying though........

#8 Conda

Conda
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:21 PM

well said jason your beyond your years ...........

#9 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:05 PM

dunno about that mate. I've just started saying "back in my day" when telling stories to the youth

now where's my darn walking stick?

Edited by Jason82, 25 January 2012 - 02:05 PM.

#10 Melvin

Melvin
  • Validating

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:35 PM

theres no decent reason to ruin an entire paintjob on someones car.

Granted, I knew my impulse reaction was rather extravagant, it's all I could fathom up at the time to do without resorting to violence. I'd be rather displeased if someone was to key my vehicle, but I don't regret doing it.

#11 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (Anka @ Jan 25 2012, 07:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guy in a Mercedes parks next to me, gets out and opens his car door into the side of my car.
No apology.
What do I do? Take it?

No, say something. Don't be aggressive - he may not have noticed it when he opened the door. But don't let it slide.

QUOTE (Melvin @ Jan 25 2012, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So since we were handling this situation in a childish manner, I keyed the whole side of his car.

So your car was undamaged and in turn you caused over $1k of damage to his car. And you think that's ok? You're the type that people complain about - no respect of other's property. So he spat on your car - big whoop. Spit on his if you feel childish.

Simple way to go to jail. Again, there is no damage, but assault is seen as a fair and proper response? It blows my mind and I hope you were joking.

#12 Krystal

Krystal
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (Jason82 @ Jan 25 2012, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dunno about that mate. I've just started saying "back in my day" when telling stories to the youth

now where's my darn walking stick?

Here it is Jason

#13 sandgroper

sandgroper
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (Melvin @ Jan 25 2012, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Firstly you need to re-sit your driving test to learn how to park. Secondly if someone spits on your car and you retaliate 1000% times greater then i guess if he retaliated the same percentage, he'd be entitled to kill you. agreed.gif

#14 crazyD

crazyD
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:06 PM

Deff say sumthing to him because I think it people that just let it slide are the ones that make more people not care he has prob done it before and no one said anything so next time he does it He just won't say anything unless u do. As for the $$$damage and the cage fighting I find the simple stick in the tyre valve a old one but a good one
No assult, no repair bill just he will have to spend 1/2hour of his time swapping tyres which sucks even more now it's so hot

#15 tranced

tranced
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:06 PM

should have taken a dump on his windscreen!

#16 crazyD

crazyD
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (tranced @ Jan 25 2012, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
should have taken a dump on his windscreen!

That's nice

#17 Anka

Anka
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:35 PM

I ended up borrowing my sister's lipgloss and wrote "dickhead" in small lettering on his windscreen.

Will be a pain the in the ass to remove, but will cause no damage :3

#18 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:10 PM

"sister's" lipgloss aye.....? wink.gif

#19 Anka

Anka
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:13 PM

Dazza I thought you'd prefer I didn't mention it was yours?

#20 Sarah Jayne

Sarah Jayne
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:04 PM

Without reading the whole thread... Smash him! Dented the car? Any damage I would have taken photos and reported him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users