• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 mitchell_owens

mitchell_owens
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:22 AM

Hey Guys,

Picked up my new puppy last night, anyone wanna guess the breed? wink.gif
For a puppy of almost 8 weeks, Archer is very obedient already but it helps when the mum is a show dog and the father is an army bomb dog haha

Attached File  23112010682.jpg   210.61KB   38 downloads
Attached File  23112010680.jpg   282.77KB   40 downloads
Attached File  24112010683.jpg   252.44KB   33 downloads

does anybody have a recommended puppy breeder? or should i use the local vet classes?

Mitch

#2 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:27 AM

you're in Canning Vale, why don't you just contact the Canine Association on cnr Ranford and Warton Rd, pretty sure they run puppy classes or at least can tell you who does.

http://www.dogswest.com/

#3 golden_dase

golden_dase
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:41 AM

Before you do anything, take it to the Vet and have him vaccinated (if he isn't already upto date with his shots!)!!!
There is a massive epidemic of Parvo-Virus going around Perth and Australia. It's extremely infectious/contagious and fatal to dogs, especially puppies, if they don't get early treatments.
If he does have Parvo (Vets can do a swab test which takes 10mins or so), be prepared for about $4000 - $10,000 in hospital/Vet bills for your puppy...

I recently lost a dog due to Parvo-Virus (last week) and currently racing to one of my other dogs, which is a puppy....

Sorry to "spoil" your news of a new puppy, but this is an extremely serious matter!

All the best and good luck!

Cheers!
Kevin

#4 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:43 AM

Sorry about your loss Kev sad.gif

#5 ruffaz

ruffaz
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:32 AM

^^^yes cawdor is rite especially around the hills areas and armadale locations at the moment gosnells to thornlie get him vaccinated then wait a few weeks to take him but i bet he already is if hes come from such a pristene heritage

#6 mitchell_owens

mitchell_owens
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:45 AM

Yep hes had his first shots and the next isnt until the 11/12 which is already booked.

Ive heard about parvo going around, which is why hes currently limited to indoor and under the back patio, after spedning as much as we did we are being extra cautious.

Sorry to hear that kev, can i ask, how do your recon your dog got the parvo?

If anybody else is interested, send me a PM, the lady still had 3 puppies left.

Mitch

#7 tranced

tranced
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 November 2010 - 11:15 AM

super cute dog! i kind of wished i could get a massive fluffy dog but i ended up with this crzy little monkey dog!!!

#8 golden_dase

golden_dase
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 November 2010 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE (mitchell_owens @ Nov 24 2010, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep hes had his first shots and the next isnt until the 11/12 which is already booked.

Ive heard about parvo going around, which is why hes currently limited to indoor and under the back patio, after spedning as much as we did we are being extra cautious.

Sorry to hear that kev, can i ask, how do your recon your dog got the parvo?

If anybody else is interested, send me a PM, the lady still had 3 puppies left.

Mitch

Mitch, the dog/puppy doesn't need to leave your property to catch the virus. You/family/friends can contaminate your property via your footwear, clothes etc.
Eg: You/family walk along the footpath in the neighbourhood which has been infected, the virus sticks to the shoes of your shoes, you go home and tread around the house, the virus will be spread as well, your puppy will then catch the virus.. simple!
The virus is very hardy and the only method to kill them in your house is by bleach...

Also, his first shot of vaccine will not make him invulnerable.. He needs ALL 3 primary vaccine shots, which at this stage isn't possible because he's not at the right age... sad.gif

Signs to look for: Lethargy (tiredness), not eating, not drinking, diarrhea, blood excretion (with diarrhea).

A very good site to find out more and watch for symptoms etc. is this site: http://www.k911.biz/...afety/Parvo.htm

Be vigilant, mate.. smile.gif

#9 werdna

werdna
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:02 PM

Cats can also be carriers of parvo. So when your friendly neighbour leaves their cat out it can spread the virus when moving from one persons yard to another.

Another reason to hate them. smile.gif

#10 mitchell_owens

mitchell_owens
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:20 PM

Cheers for the replies.

I havnt seen any cats at home for ages so atleast i dont have to worry about that, an annoying parrot tho haha. two of my gf's siblings have dogs so thats the most contamination i have to worry about.

got him booked for puppy lessons now cool.gif

#11 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:05 PM

German Shepard X Blue Heeler?

#12 fish

fish
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:07 PM

good looking pup mate

#13 CubanB

CubanB
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:49 PM

looks like some sort of shepard so i'm gonna say - German or Belgian?

#14 gibbs

gibbs
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:41 PM

Very cute little BIG dog smile.gif I'm interested to know what it is.

We are currently looking to add a big dog to the family, will talk to the missus about this breed. How much was the big fella?

#15 mitchell_owens

mitchell_owens
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:00 AM

German shepherd purebreed, a few of my mates have said kelpie, one mentioned a belgian shepherd too haha

$950 with KC registration of the dad and geneology papers for both mum and dad

Mitch

#16 drukqs2369

drukqs2369
  • Banned

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:50 AM

you can get DNA tests to find out exactally what breed your dog is

http://www.gtglabs.c...a/kit_order.php <<<<----- it's based in queensland

#17 mitchell_owens

mitchell_owens
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:41 AM

i know its german shepherd i saw the parents haha

I could prob get that test for free from uni, i just finished my degree on molecular biology/genetic engineering, come on puppies with wings laugh.gif

#18 gibbs

gibbs
  • Forum Member

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:47 PM

Awseome German Shepherd is what i'm after, probably my favorite breed of dog.
Grats on the new addition, he looks awesome. Can you PM the breeders details to me mate?

#19 AnjaH

AnjaH
  • Forum Member

Posted 26 November 2010 - 08:09 PM

while your making puppies with wings can you make them be naturally toilet trained dry.gif my new puppys pretty good except at night when she cant get out, would have been handy if she just went outside naturally.. sigh
anyway GORGEOUS dog love german shephards, good choice biggrin.gif, good luck with him

#20 mitchell_owens

mitchell_owens
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE (gizziy1421 @ Nov 26 2010, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
while your making puppies with wings can you make them be naturally toilet trained dry.gif my new puppys pretty good except at night when she cant get out, would have been handy if she just went outside naturally.. sigh
anyway GORGEOUS dog love german shephards, good choice biggrin.gif, good luck with him

Thanks, thats pretty much the same as archer, good during the day but not so much at night, we now have the doggy door open during the night which helps a lot

Mitch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users