Photo

WHAT ARE THEY TEACHING OUR KIDS?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 oo fish styx oo

oo fish styx oo
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 July 2004 - 01:23 AM

Thanks guys, Chris, that story was great, I think Convicts may be the way to go.

I'll see if any of the three fish shops in town have anything of a half decent size. I've started writing down the list of necessities for the teacher concerned, including water testing kits, etc. I've also got some fish for cycling the tanks prior to putting anything else in there.

Actually, I've pretty much written his term 3 lesson plan for him! At least I know the kids will be learning something about the care of fish in aquarium. I think the other tank will end up being a planted tank with some bristlenoses and guppies. I guess I'd better go research the planted tank stuff for him too!.

Cheers

Colleen

#22 Guest_sajica_*

Guest_sajica_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2004 - 01:29 AM

maybe even point him in the direction of the article or print it out for him and some pics of the fish, the bog standard convict that is :lol

If you can show him pics of what you want to put in he might be more willing, plus I think it's courteous and shows you know more then him :lol

#23 oo fish styx oo

oo fish styx oo
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 July 2004 - 01:50 AM

LOL, he already knows I know more than him. He's basically given me a free hand, but I am still limited by tank size. We both agreed that the kids would stay far more interested by fish that would breed in the tank, I just hope he doesn't end up with thousands of convicts and nowhere to put them!

Thanks for all your advice everybody!

Cheers

Colleen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users