Photo

Eheim Pro 3e

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Leevers

Leevers
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 November 2007 - 08:38 PM

350v RMS is impossible. if this were the case, you would destroy electrical equipment.
350v Peak is more than possible depending on location.

You can use a step-down transformer pack to regulate 240v AC to the required 150v without any issues at all..
It is more than possible. However, In my opinion; I wouldn't waste my time, and just spend the extra few dollars and buy one from your local. This way if any fault was to occur you would recieve a replacement straight away. If a fault was to occur in an overseas model. you would have to send bacj to factory with a process that could take weeks on end....
At the end of the day it's totally up to you, but a transformer would do the trick.

Regards
Chris

#22 Krystal

Krystal
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 27 November 2007 - 08:40 PM

You really cant appreciate the features the filter has until you acctually use one for yourself

#23 sajica

sajica

Quiz Meister 2016 & 2017

• Forum Member

Posted 27 November 2007 - 08:48 PM

Not really commenting about the Pro3e persay, but I don't know about anyone else but I like my water in my aquarium but my fish do too, my family also don't like smelly carpet and I don't like cleaning smelly carpet and getting the blame for it.

I'm more then happy to "pay" for the eheim name to keep 200+ Litres of water in my tank and not on my floor and keep hundreds of dollars worth of fish alive in that tank.

I've used cheaper chinese filters and after doing so I would never go there again.... Eheim all the way, there's just less problems with them as a whole, the plastic on everthing is decent, taps don't break by just looking at them.

I don't know about anyone else but I've bought a lot off stuff off the net, and sometimes postage is a killer I'd hate to know how much postage (ocean freight) would cost on a parcel the size of a pro3e..... I dare say it would run around $120 US+

#24 NicholasC

NicholasC
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 November 2007 - 08:58 PM

As for the name of EHEIM, to me that is quality. I have a eheim pro on the 6 footer and a eheim 2217 on the hex tank and they are absolute perfect filters. I know i have a near broken hang on aqua one that the propellars just start clanking and i am trying to sleep. Also another very annoying aqua one internal that the darn thing makes a hell of a noise and just stops workign after awhile.

The main reasons i would buy the 3e is:

The wave like motion, the reminder of when to do water changes and the fault alert. Also i don't use externals on very many of my tanks as i normally just build filters but if i was to buy a canister i would buy quality.

But then again that price unless it was possible to buy a $400 3e i would have one today but $1000 seems above and beyound my price.

Just like the aqua one MariSys 240 that thing is exactly what i need, protein, sump and over flow box but for $600+ i think not. Maybey $200-$300 would be better.

Nic

#25 Leevers

Leevers
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 November 2007 - 09:00 PM

(krissytool)
You really cant appreciate the features the filter has until you acctually use one for yourself

I agree totally, but this is the same for anything you haven't tried.
Everyone has their reasons for not purchasing an item. My reasons are not for the price, nor for the new functions. More so for my not having any problems with my current filters. Ehiem are a fantastic brand and wouldn't dare take any credit from them. However; Aquaone have proved to be a fantasic household brand, and 4 of my cannisters are Aquaone.

My next cannister however will be a ehiem as i'm keen to give them a shot and add another positive comment to the existing hundreds and thousands.

Regards
Chris

#26 NicholasC

NicholasC
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 November 2007 - 09:11 PM

Who was around first? eheim or aqua one because if it is eheim then well they get the fame but if it was aqua one then they do.

Personally i have had bad experiences with aqua one although i know others who have had bad expieriences with eheim. It all depends on your luck.

But also i find that the eheim canister is more sturdy and the aqua one is a little cheaper but thats because the cheap rip offs are based from aqua one.

The only way to find the true difference is to get two tanks with say 2cm of gravel and 2 plants then 6 guppys and leave them going which evere one clogs first or breaks first you have your winner biggrin.gif

Nic

#27 ado

ado
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 November 2007 - 09:17 PM

Nic

I don't think anyone would argue that Aqua One is a better product then Eheim.
That's the beauty of our free market economy :roll:
each brand is targeted to a different part of the aquarium product market.

It's the same story with almost everything: price vs quality.
It all depends on an individual's situation which one they value higher

#28 NicholasC

NicholasC
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 November 2007 - 09:21 PM

I thought aqua one was regarded in the same field with eheim?

Nic

#29 Mr_docfish

Mr_docfish
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 27 November 2007 - 09:41 PM

One difference with Eheim vs all others, is simple:
In 10 years time you can still buy an Eheim 2215 or a pro3 or an internal pickup etc, and in 20 years time, you can still get parts for them, and they will still be called Eheim and they will still have a good name (except for the ecco models - big mistake IMO) I still have an air cooled Eheim ??13 from 1976, and it still works like new, and there are still some old shops out there that still carry the odd part for it, not that I ever needed one.

Oliver

#30 chop

chop
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:01 PM

i personaly have 2 pro3 filters and one aqua one 2400 started the aqua and 1 pro3 at the same time about 1 year ago the aqua one has given me no end of greaf i have taken it back to aqua 3 times and all they did was replace the cannester because it had to be broken off to get to the head also when i check to see if its still running it not always working as of not hearing about problems well i could write a book about what ive heard so ive finally had enough and i want my money back not lfs problem so ill contact them direct.pro3 never a problem the first one must be 3-4 years old ehiem all the way also hearing good reports on fx5 fluval if they stick to this model for a few years ill try one but if they keep changing models as they are known for i wont because they stop making parts for there older models after not to long a period

#31 KrAmEr

KrAmEr
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:09 PM

Id rather a super cheap DIY sump along with a AquaOne 2400 :wink:

#32 taipan

taipan
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 November 2007 - 07:09 AM

I am running both Eheim and aqua one canisters and have had absolutely no dramas with either filter. IME maintenance of your canisters is just like any other piece of mechanical equipment you may own, do your maintenance = no problems.
I have found that it is extremely important to lubricate the CF2400 oring around the head of the canister every time you take it off. If not you will have problems getting it off the next time you want to open it.
If you take care with what you are doing and do your maintenance then you shouldn't have any problems with any of your filters.

#33 chop

chop
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 November 2007 - 10:59 AM

i was advised on greasing the o-ring and did still no good might have just been a lemon but when you pay for these things there is certain things that you should be able to expect that they do the job they were brought for and as of maintance on filters i agree that it should be done over and beyond what is recomended

#34 Leevers

Leevers
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 November 2007 - 01:56 PM

i didn't think Eheim Pro3 had been around for 3 years?

#35 Krystal

Krystal
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 30 November 2007 - 07:04 PM

the pro3 has been around for a long time, its the pro3 electronic that is new, thats the one this thread is about

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users