• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Poncho

Poncho

Vice Presidente Castro

• Committee

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:04 AM

Pete is right kleinz.

Members get to advertise non fish related items for sale on the forum whereas non members don't. That's one example. It's deliberate as any club would be about it - you give your paying members extra privileges.

Pete I have a similar opinion and would like to see the forum run largely by reliable non committee members

#22 choombies

choombies
  • Banned

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

QUOTE (Poncho @ Nov 29 2012, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jim, you've received your prizes - I made sure of that last meeting. I asked you what was left outstanding and you told me all that is outstanding is the prize for winning the annual show table comp last year.

We have a new committee member who needed some time to get to grips with how the comp worked so he could go through and work out who the winners were.

Now I remember having to defend yourself repeatedly to another member who won the show table comp the year previous and was annoyed at how long it was taking to get his prize. You should remember - you were running the competition. Now they had to wait a lot longer than four months for you to get around to working it all out, so I'd expect you of all people to be a little more understanding and patient.

http://www.perthcich...rt=#entry220815

Are you sure I was running the competition??P

#23 Poncho

Poncho

Vice Presidente Castro

• Committee

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:00 AM

Yeah I'm sure.

Tim was running the comp 2010-11 then he left committee, you took over the show table as well as the newsletter and half a dozen other things stating to everyone how disappointed you were that nobody was doing anything.

Seems he had worked out the winners for you according to the last post and it still took you over six months to arrange prizes ohmy.gif

I'm not casting judgement though Jim, I actually understand that committee members have their own lives to lead and finding time to follow up for the club isn't as easy as some people think

#24 Kimbo

Kimbo
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

There are a few non-committee moderators that help (I am one but am a bit slack, I try to moderate when I see it, but my time seems to diminish greatly pretty quickly!). Im sure the committee would more than welcome volounteers to moderate, it happened before but some people misunderstood some of the rules etc, and some people forget how hard it is to moderate, checking all posts to see for any violations etc etc, its a lot of reading every day! That being said if someone wanted to moderate that was a contributing member of the forum im sure the committee would jump at the chance, I know from previous experience the amount of time it chews up being on the committee and moding as well, all for the good of other members!

#25 Kleinz

Kleinz
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

Poncho, I will admit of the advertising of member non-fishy crap, but that is pretty irrelevant to the main thrust of the board. As far as I see, members and non members all have an equal chance to get pooed on. It is not a matter of whether of not committee members admin the board, but simply the attitudes of those who do and of those who use it.

I don't accept that there are much different outcomes in this for non members.

As to whether someone else should mod the thing, I'm not surprised you want to hive it off to some other poor fool. I'd rather slam my whang in a door than do it. But there are already boards not run by PCS. They are called Malawidreams and Aquariumlife and Ausicichlids. Surely the board is the arm of the Soc.

#26 BIG-PETE

BIG-PETE
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE (Kimbo @ Nov 30 2012, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im sure the committee would more than welcome volounteers to moderate, it happened before but some people misunderstood some of the rules etc, and some people forget how hard it is to moderate, checking all posts to see for any violations etc etc, its a lot of reading every day! That being said if someone wanted to moderate that was a contributing member of the forum im sure the committee would jump at the chance,

i will put my hand up have done heaps on different forums
but not being a club member i guess it will never happen

#27 Bernie

Bernie
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

I think it's a shame that after being away from the forum for several months and coming back it seems the same bitching is happening. Can't we just all grow up and get along? The committee do a good job so let them do their job. If you have a request, ask! If you have an issue, send a PM. It really is simple. By putting it all over the forum, it actually takes the attention away from what the forum is all about! cool.gif

I joined the PCS for talking about fish and it was a hobby. I've grown up with fish and had fish pretty much my whole life. How can fish be anything other than a happy thing? If anyone here can give me 473 good reasons why fish can make people so aggressive, please let me know!

Oh and Matt mentioned he thinks we're still waiting for our award for one month on the show table back in 2011. Matt was chasing Jimbo up in August 2011 so it was before this! We couldn't get it on the night cuz our fish tied with Jimbo's and we couldn't split it. This too was when he was running the show table and I know without a doubt it was him in charge of this!

It's okay, we're not gonna charge interest!! It can be donated back to the club! biggrin.gif

#28 Departure

Departure
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

I am not sure about the "member" and "non member" argument, its pretty clear that members should get benefits as they have paid, nothing to hide there right? why the complaining? of cause members should have privileges on the forum, they paid there dues. its like a union organization, some people complain because they are not in it, then others(who are in it) complain they are getting ripped off. its your choice. For me personally I wasn't interested in becoming a member until I seen the benefits of 10% discount at fish shops and another forum members offering free bristle nose catfish if joined up(still waiting on these). lol anyway its all up to the user, but you shouldn't complain if your not willing to play the game. And yes of cause the other factor that becoming a member also helps the club out as a whole, Much respect to the people in the committee who volunteer there time for free to organize the other benefits members get(club meeting ect..)

Edited by Departure, 07 December 2012 - 11:05 PM.

#29 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:34 AM

perhaps only paying members can post in the classifieds ????

doesnt stop people buying via pm or answering wtb adds by pm.... smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users