Planking...

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 Donna

Donna
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:46 PM

Died Planking....sounds like an INXS tribute band wink.gif

I don't think we need to call the United Nations or Obama on this one, planking is not a risk to humanity. The media are ridiculous. Anything you do with a drink has an increased risk, even crossing the road.

I say bring it on plankers...looking forward to some more awesome shots.

Regards,

Donna

#22 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:04 PM

Was sad to hear about the guy who lost his life but have to admit the GF and I had a giggle when they showed all the planking examples on the news.

#23 werdna

werdna
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:08 PM

I have to admit... I have tried it smile.gif

It is Bloody hard to do it right!

#24 gibbs

gibbs
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:18 PM

Rofl_3f.gif

poster_oops.gif

#25 sandgroper

sandgroper
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:46 PM

Just goes to show, you don't have to be dead to be stiff. cheers steve

#26 ozjayok

ozjayok
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:53 AM

Next time i am playing Modern Warfare online and I'm camping prone position, I can just say I'm planking you noobs.

Edited by ozjayok, 17 May 2011 - 03:26 AM.

#27 danotaylor

danotaylor
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:02 AM

news from this morning;

"A car surfing stunt has left a young man with serious head injuries after he slammed into a road in northern NSW.

The 21-year-old was standing on the boot of a moving car as it travelled down Henderson Lane, Inverell, about 8.45pm (AEST) on Monday, police say.

He suffered serious head injuries when he fell from the vehicle driven by a 19-year-old man.

Emergency crews transported the injured man to Inverell Hospital before he was airlifted to Tamworth Base Hospital.

A crime scene has been established and the driver has spoken to police as part of their investigation."

Yet another "clever & innovative" past-time...with tragic results...gee i hope his mates got it on film...:/

Edited by danotaylor, 17 May 2011 - 08:25 AM.

#28 Ronny

Ronny
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:26 AM

Honestly, if you don't like it, don't look at it, don't comment on it and just ignore it.

Surely there are things that each and everyone of us do that annoy someone else, or they don't think it's the best thing to do. Does that make you stupid?

Take drinking and smoking for example. It's something so many people do knowing that it's bad for their health and isn't something you wouldn't want your young kids doing.
Yet people still do it and it's acceptable cos so many people do it.

I don't smoke and recently, I've stopped drinking cos I'm trying to stay clean and healthy, but if I were to come on here and say people that smoke are stupid and should find better things to fill their time and throw their money away on, I'm sure the people who flame the idea of planking would have a cry.

Like it was said before, it's not for everyone and so be it. No need for harsh comments etc.

It is unfortunate, that someone has lost their life doing this, but then I'm not gonna stop driving cos people have died doing that too.

I only put this pic up for a laugh and it just so happened to be in a fish tank, which is what were all into.

Again, if you don't like it, don't look at it simple as that.

Ronny.

PS, this was not directed at anyone in particular, just sayin wink.gif

#29 Wet Dreams

Wet Dreams
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:35 AM

Donna's nailed it on the head! The media up to their usual tricks.

Wonder if the guy who fell off the boot of the car was under the influence of alcohol?

See good old Sam Newman causing controversy yet again, was supposedly done a few weeks ago though. Yes the incident where the young guy died is a tragedy and hope it never happens again, but you have to factor in the fact he was under the influence of alcohol. If its done safely and not stupidly then i see nothing wrong with it. Atleast they're not breaking into houses stealing money to pay for they're next hit, or out in Northbridge glassing people cuz they feel like it. I think theres better things the media should be concentrating on rather than blowing this outta control.

Get ya plank on!

Not aimed at anyone, just my 2cents.

Edited by Wet Dreams, 17 May 2011 - 08:44 AM.

#30 Tarpon

Tarpon
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:37 AM

Never heard of planking before this but I think its hilarious, pity though that a life was lost

#31 Ronny

Ronny
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:00 AM

Either I'm mistaken or you've posted in the wrong thread, but surely some one as intelligent and productive as you couldn't find something so simple amusing, it's only for people without lives and nothing better to do lol tongue.gif

#32 Paddy

Paddy
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:09 AM

stupid work computer.. nm

Edited by Paddy, 17 May 2011 - 09:09 AM.

#33 highlucks

highlucks
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:19 AM

Different strokes for different folks.

Attached Files

#34 Neakit

Neakit
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:13 AM

sounds like as much fun as bonnet surfing, tho if you do bonnet surf i do recommend shoes they can heat up a bit.

#35 Tarpon

Tarpon
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:24 AM

Bloody funny though, I just got one of me planking on an operating table, how do I post images on here?

#36 Ronny

Ronny
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:27 AM

Click on "add reply".

Under the text space it has an attachment editor. Browse and select your pic, click on "upload".

Then click on the drop bar that says, "manage current attachments" and add the uploaded pic to the post wink.gif

#37 werdna

werdna
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:30 AM

Better yet, start a new pcs member planking thread!
We can have a competion on who gets the most dangerous one biggrin.gif

edit: That is a joke btw. No balcony shots please.

Edited by werdna, 17 May 2011 - 10:31 AM.

#38 danotaylor

danotaylor
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE (Ronny @ May 17 2011, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I only put this pic up for a laugh and it just so happened to be in a fish tank, which is what were all into.

Ronny I think the pic you put up is hilarious...and the suggestion to do planking on the chairs at the next meeting i think would great fun...none of my comments had anything to do with the "art" of planking...just towards taking things to life threatening extremes without the proper safety in place...those that do that have people who love them so they should consoder that...that's all...

There's heaps of people that think I am a narrow minded fool for loving & living for Jesus...they probably think I should stop that for my own good too...I am not suggesting legislating against free will...we all have it as a gift...I just wish we all would use it wisely and in consideration of how our actions affect or influence others, giving careful consideration to the preciousness & fragility of life.

QUOTE (Wet Dreams @ May 17 2011, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If its done safely and not stupidly then i see nothing wrong with it.

My sentiments exactly Sam!

#39 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:39 AM

Photos also can't be larger than 1.5MB, so make sure you resize it before uploading smile.gif

#40 Den

Den
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:11 PM

You guys wanna hear about the most extreme planking to date?

My mates a deep sea diver for the Yemen Navy, he checks for water mines, apparently he seen Osama bin laden planking at the bottom of the Arabian Gulf the other day, 300feet deep, now I know why they say that guy is an extremist!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users