Photo

Fish Bites

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Kieran

Kieran
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:23 PM

Wouldn't it be ironic if a TB gave you TB? I remember seeing pictures of that, not nice.

#22 theonetruepath

theonetruepath
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (Cawdor @ Apr 8 2010, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Besides all the calls for full body amputation and euthanasia (thanks for the concern, I love all you guys too wub.gif dry.gif ), has nobody besides Tau and myself been nipped by fish before? I find that hard to believe. I just want to know if my skin reaction is normal or allergic.

I got 'nipped' by a Rankin Cod while diving off Northern WA. Had a row of little green-lined holes three inches above and below my elbow. Those guys don't clean their teeth much. He spat me out as soon as he realised my bare arm wasn't a piece of fish I was dangling for him.

I didn't notice any reaction, but then I scrubbed all those little holes out pretty carefully with betadine pretty well straight after the dive.

I would recommend the same for any animal bite - who knows what bacteria is lurking in your pet's mouth.

#23 Fox

Fox
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:19 PM

I get bitten all the time.
I have been bitten by Red Devils, Jags, Dovii, Occies, Convicts, Jewels to name a few.
Apart from the times I go a little retarded wacko.gif , everything seems OK

#24 Hydonia

Hydonia
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:16 AM

Wasn't on here yesterday. I get bitten all the time by my "loveable" fish, I do get red marks, and nothing ever comes of them.

#25 Den

Den
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:27 PM

Its a weekly occurance for me cleaning algae off the front of the tank. Anyone with bigger fish that actually draw a lot of blood have a solution other then a welders glove?
I use magnet cleaners, same as most people do.

I got bitten on the finger by a fresh water eel when I was about 10 or 11 years old, I used to keep a small swimming pool full of them about 26years ago in Sydney. I remember seeing 3 rows of cuts along my finger as I washed the wound, which bled alot, I quickly cleaned the wound and I hid until it stopped bleeding so my mum wouldnt see it, I was worried if she'd seen it she'd make me get rid of my pets. I didnt have any problem, healed real fast, I think because the wound bled out and I washed it within seconds of getting bitten.

#26 ziephernius87

ziephernius87
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (polleni @ Apr 9 2010, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Magnet helps for algae, was talking more for awkward grav cleaning, redecorating and such.

slip on a pair of these...
http://www.petstore....-RPCLGL-vi.html
with a pair of these over the top perhaps?
http://www.petstore....-AQMAHA-vi.html

or decent sized tongs
http://www.petstore....-AQMAHA-vi.html

or try catching your fish out and putting them in a large bucket of primed and safe guarded water for the duration of the maintenance?< I usually go with this option as it tends to stress my fish less than a half hour of big hands/arms in their tank shifting their territory around. biggrin.gif

#27 joop

joop
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 April 2010 - 12:29 AM

the red sorenes is a reaction from bacteria on the fishs teeth just like how u itch wen you get scratched by a cat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users