Photo

Easy And Cheap Reptiles

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 K.v

K.v
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

Fast man and yes they have some baby's left.

#42 FrontyKwal

FrontyKwal
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:22 PM

Hmmm might go there if the person close to me doesn't have any hatchlings left as Armadale is 120km to drive there and back from where I live haha. Getting pretty excited about this ! Hope it doesn't take over my fish hobby more as my mrs is already having a winge about me getting a snake but her dad finds it hilarious haha

#43 Jules

Jules
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:16 AM

For another Stimson hatchling ? I just saw another ad on gumtree for Stimson hatchlings so hopefully 10 don't get sold by the time I get my license. What's the go with them ? Iv filled out my form and I am going to post it tomorrow what's the average waiting time from when they withdraw the money from my account to the day I will receive the license in the mail ?

Looking 10-14 working days I think.

Get a carpet man! a snake with some size! remember though if you buy on gumtree you generally have to do the license transfer at a dealer (pet shops which sell reptiles, or private dealers) generally cost around $50

I go through phases, but since that reptile list expanded im going to get more snakes, 1 fish tank is enough for me, unless some one finds heaps of cheap datnoids, garfish, clown knifes, bichirs, large catfish, bass (other then monocs) and exotic stingrays, then I wont be buying any more tanks.

Snakes are so little work and awesome pets when you get them out. Only thing to remember is that some bite - and trust me some of them big snakes hurt!

Edited by Jules, 11 September 2013 - 08:21 AM.

#44 K.v

K.v
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

Has anyone breed Woma's or can give me some advice.

#45 FrontyKwal

FrontyKwal
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

So my lazy ass friend who was suppose to write me a recommendation letter for my application form didn't ended up writing it and now he's flown up north for work for the next 6 weeks... Can anyone here please write me one and sign it and pretty please email it to me ? I want to get my license asap as someone has black and white sw carpet hatchies for sale and I'd like to get one before they sell all of them !

#46 K.v

K.v
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:47 PM

What's you move movements tommowrow mate.

#47 FrontyKwal

FrontyKwal
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:11 AM

Sorry Kv I haven't seen this til just now. Iv got some time off work for a while as I broke all my toes on my left foot the weekend just gone

#48 malawiman85

malawiman85
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:19 PM

Iv got some time off work for a while as I broke all my toes on my left foot the weekend just gone

I know its off topic but this sounds like a story worth hearing!

#49 Jules

Jules
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:59 PM

recommendation, man you can write what you want.

just say your mate has reptiles and is willing to help you etc and that you've handled and learnt off him or something.

say you have a large locked enclosure specifically built for the animal your keen in etc.

I don't think they care, they more check for animal convictions and stuff like that.

I wouldn't sweat it. when I worked at Pet Magic I used to tell ppl to write what they want (they did) and they all got their license, the government doesn't seem to phased, it makes them more money so they'll give it to you.

#50 FrontyKwal

FrontyKwal
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

Fuuuuuuuaarrkkk wish I knew that before Jules haha Id probably have it by now then. Is there any quicker and easy way to obtain my license instead on filling out the form and posting it off and waiting like can I fill out an online form or something ? Plan is to get the snake before my old folks get back from their holiday so I can surprise/piss them off with something and Iv got 10 days left haha

Here's a couple of photos of the enclosure I set up last week, dimentions are 4x2x2 so just gonna get the 1 carpet for now and get another when the hatchie gets bigger and then build a nice big enclosure for the both of them

995EFF84-4907-42E3-8CA2-328321F3F3E2-842

853FCB73-07C8-4769-B4A0-94C9323D6BC6-859

31AFE394-6A16-46AF-8945-EF37F992FABB-859

#51 FrontyKwal

FrontyKwal
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:43 PM

Oh and malawiman85 I wish I had a good story but what happened was I was opening my bathroom window (violently as I was hungover Sunday morning) and pulled just a bit too hard and the whole window frame came off the sill and landed across my toes. Broke 2 toes, fractured 2 and fractured 2 joints. Spent my day off in hospital (super cautious girlfriend) for them to tell me what I already know... And yes I proceeded to shower with my bung foot. If you really want I can upload a photo of my horrendous looking foot haha

#52 Jules

Jules
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:49 AM

hell yeah man looking sweet!

definitely need some branches for the carpet to climb, there mainly an arboreal species id say and do spend a lot of time up high then down low (all mine have). my current pair where house in a 4x18x18 enclosure with no branches, since having them in a 4x2x4h they haven't come down to the floor space.

you can walk into the place (as my mate did, they processed it on the spot) and they'll send it within a couple days.

#53 K.v

K.v
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

Got my Woma today oh yer it's still very small only 7months old

#54 FrontyKwal

FrontyKwal
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:13 PM

Yeah man of course, just wasn't keen on buying the branches they had at city farmers while I was buying everything else, the day I pay $120-$180 for a stick I'll catch a flight to Bali and take up a job with those little fish that sucks your feet haha. Might just lop a branch off one of the many trees I have at my house or does the wood have to be dry or does it not really matter ?

Where do I go to apply for one in person ? Sorry I know I can just look it up on my phone but I'm in one of those lazy moods haha. Are black and white sw carpets hard to come by for sale ? Really rad looking snake I can't wait to get one ! Also like the look of the normal coloured carpets maybe I might have one of each one day :)

#55 K.v

K.v
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:29 AM

My baby
11A51713-5758-43EF-AD00-F1EFC04D5208-120

#56 knock

knock
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:29 AM

nice pattern kv, does he like to be handled? 

hows the bearded dragon going?

#57 K.v

K.v
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:44 AM

Good mate,
An yer it's a little jumpy when people are quick around it.

#58 K.v

K.v
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

Here is the Bearded Dragons Enclosure mate.
D653624C-DC0B-4C34-854D-5B30B7F7A49E-191

#59 knock

knock
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:36 PM

sweet man...remember he answers to the name of sam..lol

#60 K.v

K.v
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:47 PM

Lol He is Smashing Crikets When I put them in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users